• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Solo

It never occurred to me that BargainBin has made 2 straight June blockbusters. Fair to say that this year's edition went over better with fans.

untitled2t8ubv.jpg

Pretty surreal

yyzjohn

Banned
It didn't take much for Solo to go from ripping Bergevin as one of the worst GMs in the league to kneeling and fellating that same man. Have some consistency man.

Alucard

Banned
well our medias spent the last 12h debating if Drouin should play center or not

this is why we can't have nice things

Gotta talk about something. Sports media in general is fucking terrible and largely populated by guys who were dude bros in high school.

Solo

It didn't take much for Solo to go from ripping Bergevin as one of the worst GMs in the league to kneeling and fellating that same man. Have some consistency man.

Slow your roll - I still think that. He just happened to nail this one particular trade. Like, I feel the poosite of how I felt a year ago after the Subban trade.

Solo

well our medias spent the last 12h debating if Drouin should play center or not

this is why we can't have nice things

When they asked Drouin at the press conference if he'll play centre, I legit cringed.

Having said that, if they truly feel that the AGally-at-centre experiment is done, then I wouldn't be completely shocked to see them try Drouin at centre.

But that would be a mistake. He's a winger through and through.

imBask

Banned
When they asked Drouin at the press conference if he'll play centre, I legit cringed.

Having said that, if they truly feel that the AGally-at-centre experiment is done, then I wouldn't be completely shocked to see them try Drouin at centre.

nah dude he's a defensive grinding center now

zroid

Banned
Whatever the Eberle deal ends up being, it sounds like it's going to be a fleecing from the Oilers. His trade value seems to be at an all time low, and Chiarelli seems intent to sell low once again, as is his custom.

Curufinwe

Nah, he's the next Giroux.

Yawnier

Banned
Whatever the Eberle deal ends up being, it sounds like it's going to be a fleecing from the Oilers. His trade value seems to be at an all time low, and Chiarelli seems intent to sell low once again, as is his custom.
Eberle for Cal Clutterbuck

Cake Boss

Banned
Legit if I were Bargain Bin Berg, I would wait on trading AGally, and look at addressing the C position and D in a different way. give AGally a chance to play center with a set up man like Drouin and put Casperetty on the other side, and you could have possibly fixed your C position internally and not by giving up anything. Then pick up a #2C via free agency like a Sam Gagner, or Hanzal or Bonino, if that doesn't work then look at trading BGally for some #2C help.For some Defense help you could look at MDZ, Daley or Cody Franson for some depth.

Legit if I were Bargain Bin Berg, I would wait on trading AGally, and look at addressing the C position and D in a different way. give AGally a chance to play center with a set up man like Drouin and put Casperetty on the other side, and you could have possibly fixed your C position internally and not by giving up anything. Then pick up a #2C via free agency like a Sam Gagner, or Hanzal or Bonino, if that doesn't work then look at trading BGally for some #2C help.For some Defense help you could look at MDZ, Daley or Cody Franson for some depth.

Bonino is not a 2nd line centre

I would love to have Bonino as a Plekanec replacement

Don't forget that we Extended Hudon for two years and he's a Centerman

Solo

Legit if I were Bargain Bin Berg, I would wait on trading AGally, and look at addressing the C position and D in a different way. give AGally a chance to play center with a set up man like Drouin and put Casperetty on the other side, and you could have possibly fixed your C position internally and not by giving up anything.

You're reading my mind, broseph. Rather than giving up on AGally too early (which would be a mistake), why not give him a full year under Julien with a healthy knee and Drouin flanking him? That's what I want them to do and think they should do. Give him a 1 year deeal, and then if AGally steps up, give him Drouin money and term after next season. If he doesn't, well, I guess you trade him next summer. But absolutely I think BargainBin would be a goddamn moron (even moreso than I already think he is) to not give AGally one more crack.

But my fear is that BargainBin views AGally like he did Subban, and will flush him out ASAP for a D-man and then overpay Hanzal on July 1. Ugh.

Cake Boss

Banned
I doubt Mirtle has any specific info. He's just anticipating a big day as most insiders are thinking. Funny how there's no specific Leafs rumors anymore from anyone. McKenzie, Dreger, Kyper, they got nothing on the Leafs.

I remember last year he broke a couple of stories/trades earlier than the other insiders.

Also Travis Yost surprisingly got a couple of scoops too.

imBask

Banned
The rumors of trading Galchenyuk for a dman are confusing as hell. I don't believe in Galchenyuk at center but if he's gone, we're actually going to be stuck with Plekanec/Danault and i'm afraid Bergevin is ok with that

Solo

The rumors of trading Galchenyuk for a dman are confusing as hell. I don't believe in Galchenyuk at center but if he's gone, we're actually going to be stuck with Plekanec/Danault and i'm afraid Bergevin is ok with that

LMAO if we peg our hopes on Drouin developing into our 1C. Galchenyuk era 2.0.....

yyzjohn

Banned
I'll give bargain-bin credit, his move has put people into a trade-deadline day feel now. Everyone is expecting big moves to happen over the next 24 hours.

43305917.jpg

Foggy

Gagner was barely even a 4th line center at the end of the year. His production took a nosedive once the power play took a nosedive.

Cactus

Banned
I'm thinking Vegas for Radulov. He's newly single, known to be a party guy, and the Knights have money to throw at him.

Solo

I think he will still sign. But the Length is going to be shorter than he wants

I'll take 4 years

He won't sign here. We can give him the AAV, but we can't (and shouldn't) give him the term. Some poor bastard GM will give him 7 years on July 1 (and regret it by July 1 in 4 years).

Solo

If Radulov doesn't sign, then you kinda have no choice but to keep AGally anyways. An offense that is + Drouin but - AGally/Rads? That's even worse than last year.

Maybe that is the trigger point - I have no doubt BargainBin is shopping AGally, but maybe the trigger being pulled or not depends on Radulov. If Radulov goes, AGally can be your new #1 RW (which frankly I feel is the wing he's best suited for, but our organization keeps missing that) if youre dead set against him at centre.

Top Bottom