• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

zroid

Banned
Condolences to you cakey.

I never owned a dog but my uncle (who lived in Ottawa, coincidentally), had one for a long time -- around 15 years I think -- and I was quite fond of her. Was very sad when she died a few years ago. Can only imagine what it must be like to lose a dog that's part of your own household.

zroid

Banned
Frankly I'm stunned that the greatest leader the NHL has ever known, one Shane Doan, did not win the Mark Messier Leadership Award this year

PillarEN

Strange that when I right click on the picture to "view image" it gives a 404.

EDIT: Adidas logo doesn't quite look right on the Wings hat as the longest bar dips into the white stripe. But hey they're draft hats. Nobody cares.

Frankly I'm stunned that the greatest leader the NHL has ever known, one Shane Doan, did not win the Mark Messier Leadership Award this year

Ovechkin never won it. No wonder the Caps can't win. They have no true leader.

zroid

Banned
This is a neat graphic which indicates where certain prospect rankings have outliers from the others

top-31-variance-5-may12ure.png

lol draftbuzz and Button

Weevilone

Sorry for the loss Cake. I lost my little friend of 16+ years not all that long ago and it still sucks.

And these jerseys.. I'm ok with the look of the Blues one, and the Preds lost the piping so that's good. I just got done reading an article that the minimalist look is to facilitate the ads that they'll litter them with, allegedly at $4M a pop per season (eventually).

I really hope jersey sales go to zero if and when that happens.

Mentok

Banned
Martin Lemay spoke to McPhee and he's convinced Vegas are going to take Plekanec

The funny thing is, this'll put us even further out for centres. I can see them taking him though,as he has that "expansion team Captain" written all over him. Either way, I'm hoping for either Pleks or Emelin being selected.

zroid

Banned
some of the jerseys seem better than others, but mostly they're all fine. only the preds one stands out as being kinda strange.

imBask

Banned
The funny thing is, this'll put us even further out for centres. I can see them taking him though,as he has that "expansion team Captain" written all over him. Either way, I'm hoping for either Pleks or Emelin being selected.

does it tho

Plekanec was barely a 4th line center last year and that's coming from the guy who defended him his whole career

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Picture is kind of hard to see, but does the Ducks jersey still have the side vertical lines?

Caps had a perfect third jersey, but they're going with this shitty thing instead. Preds jersey needs some more blue along the shoulders or sleeves. I actually like the Knights jerseys.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know what to make of the Vegas home jersey

I feel like the black and the grey are in the opposite positions from what I expected.

Definitely gives them a unique look, though. Will be interested to see how it looks on a real human being.

calder

This is a neat graphic which indicates where certain prospect rankings have outliers from the others

top-31-variance-5-may12ure.png

lol draftbuzz and Button

Has it been updated lately? Last I saw he did it a month or so ago and it was quickly a bit out of date. TSN has Hischier first for both Button and McKenzie as one that jumps out at me as being dated on that spreadsheet now.

Button's final list is:
1. Nico Hischier, C, Halifax (QMJHL)
2. Nolan Patrick, C, Brandon (WHL)
3. Cale Makar, D, Brooks (AJHL)
4. Cody Glass, C, Portland (WHL)
5. Miro Heiskanen, D, HIFK (SM Liiga)

McKenzie's list is just a scout's poll so his is by default very consensus, I'd expect Hischier to be #1 on that sheet now.

I agree with some scouts on twitter that Makar is a scary scary pick as a very old draft eligible playing in a lesser league.

Quick

Banned
There was talk of the Devils jersey being tweaked, and it looks like they ended up ditching waist stripes and making the arm stripes bigger.

Lightning jersey looks like it doesn't have the tie-up collar.

Red Wings logo looks a bit lower (or maybe it's just me), maybe they're switching back the captaincy patches on the left side again?

Canes jersey has black again. This is good. If they waned to ditch the storm flags, this should've been what they'd done on their last jersey change.

Avs jersey is right again.

Wild jersey looks good.

Sabres continue to fuck it up by leaving numbers on the right chest area. Come on lol.

Solo

I don't believe for a second that Vegas takes Plekanec. But if they do, then BargainBin has to keep AGally. Otherwise we are lining up a 3C at 1C and 4Cs at 2C, 3C, 4C.

PillarEN

No redesign that's actually truly significant. Much hype over very little change.

Now someone here said that there will be no 3rd jerseys this season? That bums me out for Minnesota. I think their home team "Travel Hockey" style jersey with the team name are great in terms of the colors, but those will not be used then I guess. I even prefer their "logo inside circle" design. I think they used that for away jerseys? Oh it's kind of bluring now, but I'll miss the Travel Hockey home jersey.

Oh Sabres still want their numbers on the front too. Interesting that they are the only team to do that. Actually, did any other team do that since the lockout?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Collar seems really weird. Will need to see this for real to know what to make of it. Otherwise, everything else is fine here.

laf39rS.jpg

Top Bottom