• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Goddamnit.

Sold my PS4, NHL 17 pissed me off. Of course I want 18 just the same. =/

Seeing you guys discuss it doesn't help. Played 17 a few times this week with a neighbor we hadn't really done anything social with before. The gf's were having fun so we tried a few games. Of course I scored the game winning goals with Kreider, and Desharnais, respectively. He's a Habs fan, as most people here tend to be, but he's a SUPER FAN. Hardcore. So much fun and close games. Guess I'll try 18 with him and see what you guys think before I jump back into a console.

Sigh.

You should've given the NHL18 beta a try. It even does couch multiplayer. Threes is AMAZING. It's literally some of the most fun I've had in NHL games in a decade.

RedRum

Banned
I keep playing against people with Redman as their commentator name.

Sometimes... just sometimes.. I wonder if it's him.

RedRum

Banned
You should've given the NHL18 beta a try. It even does couch multiplayer. Threes is AMAZING. It's literally some of the most fun I've had in NHL games in a decade.

It's fun, but sometimes I wish that they would up the difficulty of the computer goalie.

PCWp1KY.png

Stasis

Just curious, what prompted you to ditch consoles entirely? Seems kinda drastic.

Also I like those pred jerseys, nice and simple!

Was always a PC guy. Still am. I periodically buy consoles and tire of them, I guess. =/ Had a PS3, then XB1, then PS4.

Going to buy a PS4 Pro today with '17 on the cheap for whatever reason. '18 beta ends today though I don't know when. If it's late I can try it, if not I'll have to rely on you fine folk to decide.

Gonna get Horizon and maybe Uncharted 4. Any opinions/suggestions? I may just wait a bit for either/both to be on sale but I'd like something other than NHL to entertain myself. I have some old stuff on my PSN, smaller cheaper games I'd multiplay with buddies or my gf.

Marvie_3

Banned
3v3 is the best thing they've come up with, IMO. 6v6 just seems so... overcrowded.
3v3 is awful. It just takes an already bad cherry picking problem to the next level.

too bad i'll never know, because no sensible person would ever buy that game when all the reviews are saying it's literally the same game as last year
Habs are a failure every year but you still watch them.

Cake Boss

Banned
A little more time I had with the beta this weekend and I can finally see the differences from last year's game, enjoy this year's gameplay much more. It seems it's harder to score and requires much more effort than the usual backhand-forehand to backhand Deke.

We like to bitch on the franchise but it's not the worst thing in the world, it definitely can be better though.

Marvie_3

Banned
A little more time I had with the beta this weekend and I can finally see the differences from last year's game, enjoy this year's gameplay much more. It seems it's harder to score and requires much more effort than the usual backhand-forehand to backhand Deke.

We like to bitch on the franchise but it's not the worst thing in the world, it definitely can be better though.
The defensive stick helps a ton. Once you get the hang of it, it really helps. Plus the puck is a lot more loose so the figure skaters cant blow through 5 people without losing the puck. Im sure this will change as soon as people start bitching though. It happens every year.

The nice thing I noticed from the other night was the variety of goals we scored. It wasnt just the same plays over and over again. Several of those goals we really had to work to put in.

The beta has tonight and maybe tomorrow night if anyone wants to get some games in.

Quick

Banned
NHL 17 is the first time in ages that I didn't spend a lot of time playing. I was excited for the Franchise Mode owner features and whatever else they added, and that all amounted to nothing for me.

That being said, of course I pre-ordered NHL 18.

imBask

Banned
Guys i've watched footage of Scherbak training and i'm telling you he's ready that's a 50 goal scorer right there guys i'm telling you he's the next star guys i'm telling you

Top Bottom