• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

NQINuMh.jpg

my new hat

Socreges

Banned
Listen, Ondor. I see promise. But I also don't like what I'm seeing right now. You have until October to clean your act up. Or you're gone by the end of August.

It's a good thing you're still a junior. We can put you on waivers and send you down to the Box Stretch Hockey forum.

Erdrick

Getting the highlight of your season out of the way early

In all seriousness, it'll be nice to see Laine and Matthews play against one another again without some forced rivalry brought on by the media. I'm looking forward to seeing how both teams will do against each other.

Quick

Banned
In all seriousness, it'll be nice to see Laine and Matthews play against one another again without some forced rivalry brought on by the media. I'm looking forward to seeing how both teams will do against each other.

You fool.

That forced rivalry will never completely disappear. You've been lulled into a false sense of freedom.

Stasis

Dumb caps > real caps

I bought a cap that says "downhill from here" just last week

I dunno man, I'm a fan of my new cap. Usually I just wear shit from Sauce Hockey so it says "Sauce" which I guess to most people is dumb?

This one though... representin'. Mixes the classic fonts from New York Magazine and The New York Post, recognizable to all New Yorkers really.

image.png

edit: Also picked this up on the cheap for when I play NHL with Habs buddies, and especially if we meet up in the playoffs again.

608707-1.jpg

calder

I'm literally ok omg forward to none of that. Yech.

I've mostly convinced myself the Jets start the season with a solid 7 game winning streak though so I have that to look forward to. 👍

imBask

Banned
it's hard to communicate to people who don't live in Montreal, but you guys have no idea just how ridiculous the media push is for Jonathan Drouin

He's on everything, everywhere. The yearly hockey pool guides came out and he's on the cover of every one of them. The Canadiens Instagram is also 50% Drouin now.

NO PRESSURE KID

Ondor

Banned
Listen, Ondor. I see promise. But I also don't like what I'm seeing right now. You have until October to clean your act up. Or you're gone by the end of August.

It's a good thing you're still a junior. We can put you on waivers and send you down to the Box Stretch Hockey forum.
Well, that's not nearly enough time. You have to at least give me an extra month for teams to really sink to the bottom. By the end of October, teams like New Jersey had a play-off berth. Won't fix how the Leafs somehow got in but it's better than nothing.

it's hard to communicate to people who don't live in Montreal, but you guys have no idea just how ridiculous the media push is for Jonathan Drouin

He's on everything, everywhere. The yearly hockey pool guides came out and he's on the cover of every one of them. The Canadiens Instagram is also 50% Drouin now.

NO PRESSURE KID

Opening night is going to be wild when they call his name

Socreges

Banned

NO PRESSURE KID
When Montreal's ridiculous ethnocentrism is positive...

Top Bottom