• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
it's hard to communicate to people who don't live in Montreal, but you guys have no idea just how ridiculous the media push is for Jonathan Drouin

He's on everything, everywhere. The yearly hockey pool guides came out and he's on the cover of every one of them. The Canadiens Instagram is also 50% Drouin now.

NO PRESSURE KID
They've obviously decided he's the face of the franchise now. Would not be at all shocked if he gets the C after Patches. He seems to be comfortable with it so far.

Parch

They've obviously decided he's the face of the franchise now. Would not be at all shocked if he gets the C after Patches. He seems to be comfortable with it so far.
If not him, then who? It's what hockey media does in Canada.
Hockey media gets a little nuts in every Canadian NHL city. It's best to take in small doses or you risk the full on brainwashing effect. You don't want that level of insanity.

Cake Boss

Banned
captain Drouin?

DG2RBTYUIAA-ON5.jpg

Quick

Banned
How is Babsocks legal?

With permission from Babcock, and I think part of the sales go to charity (on top of having a special CAMH pair of socks).

Not sure if it was a joke, but the same guys were thinking of doing Shanahan-inspired gloves/mittens called Shanahands as well.

Red_Man

I know what you mean but man

he has yet to play a game here

he might suck
It's definitely over the top and aggressive, but what did you expect after they get their first legitimate francophone player with super star potential in decades?

Samyy

They probably have Babcock's approval, he has been seen poking his head into the babsock store

With permission from Babcock, and I think part of the sales go to charity (on top of having a special CAMH pair of socks).

Not sure if it was a joke, but the same guys were thinking of doing Shanahan-inspired gloves/mittens called Shanahands as well.

I figured he would have to be getting a cut somehow lol, didn't know there was an actual store just for Babsocks...

Bought a Centennial Classic Matthews jersey, sleeves are longer than my old Sundin jersey....did Reebok make the sleeves longer on those jerseys? Both are a medium

Solo

Drouin will certainly instantly become the most popular player (he'll get an insane ovation opening night), but it's putting an awful fucking lot on the kid's shoulders to anoint him the savior and future captain when he hasn't even worn the CH in a scrimmage yet. I still see him as a (really damn good) complimentary player and not the franchise player.

*broken record* We still need a 1C *broken record*

Foote is leaving the Avs to spend time with his family and Dreger is trying to weirdly shame the Avs for not forcing him to stay.

Also, the Kroenkes have a professional Overwatch team now. Kuro now's your chance!

PillarEN

I looked up Spongebob Red Wings hoping for a fan art of him or Gary wearing a Red Wings sweater.
Instead the first result...
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/10xpbi.jpg[/IMG]

Red_Man

Is Bryan Murray ok?

Seeing a former Habs scout saying he passed away....don't see it anywhere else

Edit : apparently it's true, RIP

Pikma

Banned
RIP :(

And in other equally shitty news:

I fucking hate what this country has become.. or what it has always been, whatever is the case.

Top Bottom