• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

In terms of NHL arenas in Canada:

Bell has two (Montreal, Winnipeg)
Rogers has two (Vancouver, Edmonton)
Scotiabank now has two (Calgary, Toronto)
Canadian Tire has Ottawa

The name sucks but so did Air Canada Centre. It's just a change from what we're used to. People in outrage over the loss of "tradition" in the FB comments are hilarious considering it's only been 20 years and nothing of worth was ever won there outside of some funny looking World Cups. I did like the variety from the typical Rogers/Bell branding but oh well.

We're a long way from Maple Leafs Gardens, The Forum, Cow Palace, etc. The Joe was our last hope :'(

Pikma

Banned
Wouldn't that group be sourced by GAF? Strange

Another 17 minutes and you guys will be praising MLSE
Probably people who keep their mouths shut and avoid OT so they don't get banned

there was a #politics channel and the only few posts it had were just "#MAGA" again and again by a couple different users

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
holy shit

apparently this is basically at least double of any naming right deal in north america?

MetLife had the largest at $450 million over 25 years
AT&T and Citigroup had the largest per year value at $400 million at 20

this is $800 million over 20

Yawnier

Banned
It feels like half the arenas in this country have had the Scotiabank name to it at one point or another.

Meh, name is whatever. It has a weird ring to me right now but I'll get used to it.

zroid

Banned
eeewwwwww Scotiabank arena

not that air Canada centre was any better but at least "ACC" was a fine abbreviation. SBA doesn't have the same ring to it

DopeyFish

If I go to the Scotiabank Arena I better get some damn Scene Points.

Also I bought Yakuza Kiwami today :)

This was in the press release... dunno what it even means

"•Scotiabank and MLSE will collaborate with SCENE to develop fan-centered promotions for sports and entertainment enthusiasts"

This was in the press release... dunno what it even means

"•Scotiabank and MLSE will collaborate with SCENE to develop fan-centered promotions for sports and entertainment enthusiasts"

Watch a hockey/ basketball game, get scene points enough for two movies. That's how I'd do it for Scene Points.

yyzjohn

Banned
holy shit

apparently this is basically at least double of any naming right deal in north america?

MetLife had the largest at $450 million over 25 years
AT&T and Citigroup had the largest per year value at $400 million at 20

this is $800 million over 20

You can get the Sabres arena naming rights for $99/year heyyooooooooo

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
RE : what the Avs want for Duchene :

Know they have tried. Avs want big return: 1st rounder, quality young defenseman, proven NHLer and top prospect. Murray? Jenner?

Sakic is out of his mind, Duchene is a very good player. He's not that good.

DopeyFish

RE : what the Avs want for Duchene :

Sakic is out of his mind, Duchene is a very good player. He's not that good.

wtf lol

He wants that for 2 years of duchene? He is mad.

That's almost enough to turn a cup contender into a bottom feeder

^ this

Also I called a CBJ trade for Duchene a few days ago in Discord. I doubt that's the ask at this point. Take away the first rounder and you're a lot closer to reality.
wtf lol

He wants that for 2 years of duchene? He is mad.

That's almost enough to turn a cup contender into a bottom feeder
The great thing about shopping a guy you don't have to trade is that you don't really have to bargain. He'd be crazy to give anyone a deal, he'd be crazy to not try to come out on top of any trade.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
https://twitter.com/ByKevinAllen/status/902636797120966656
The great thing about shopping a guy you don't have to trade is that you don't really have to bargain. He'd be crazy to give anyone a deal, he'd be crazy to not try to come out on top of any trade.
He'd be crazy to let him rot in camp and let his value deteriorate. He obviously wants value which is fair, but Duchene isn't worth that much and the longer he remains an Av, the more his value deteriorates.

https://twitter.com/ByKevinAllen/status/902636797120966656
He'd be crazy to let him rot in camp and let his value deteriorate. He obviously wants value which is fair, but Duchene isn't worth that much and the longer he remains an Av, the more his value deteriorates.
Duchene never asked for a trade. That's the assumption you're making here. If a trade doesn't happen and he walks, he walks. Little indication he wants to.

Top Bottom