• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

I would rather offer sheet Pastarnak than give up that much.

I agree. Duchene isn't Anze Kopitar or John Tavares. I wouldn't even put him in the elite level of NHL stars.

He's more like Kyle Turris, I'm not saying Turris is bad but he's a decent first line center and he's in that realm. Sakic has lost it and he has got to go.

Shane Doan has hung em up.

He was a great captain and the perfect guy to be an ambassador for the game in a market that needed both.

I'm glad I was able to watch him for so many years, and that it was easy and kind of cheap to get such good seats to see him play live.

Shame that he came up short in getting to the finals.

Happy trails, Doaner.

Cake Boss

Banned
I agree. Duchene isn't Anze Kopitar or John Tavares. I wouldn't even put him in the elite level of NHL stars.

He's more like Kyle Turris, I'm not saying Turris is bad but he's a decent first line center and he's in that realm. Sakic has lost it and he has got to go.

#####111111 CEEENNNNNTTTEERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane Doan has hung em up.

He was a great captain and the perfect guy to be an ambassador for the game in a market that needed both.

I'm glad I was able to watch him for so many years, and that it was easy and kind of cheap to get such good seats to see him play live.

Shame that he came up short in getting to the finals.

Happy trails, Doaner.

You think the Coyotes will retire his number?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Late, but ew at the ACC name change. Not that ACC was much better.

And holy shit at how much Scotia paid out for the naming rights.

Going to take forever to get used to.

PillarEN

Sure, I mean they have to, right? They retired Roenick's and he was only in the desert for 5 seasons.

Expect to see him in the pre and post game broadcast booth eventually too.

Until the team moves :/

Honestly, mind blown that JR has his number retired there. Did the Hawks even retire his number. I mean he had some unreal seasons in Chitown.

Marvie_3

Banned
Honestly, mind blown that JR has his number retired there. Did the Hawks even retire his number. I mean he had some unreal seasons in Chitown.
Fuck no. Never will either. Fuck Roenick.

It still annoys me that Phoenix retired his number. Its not just them though. I get that teams want to build a "history" or whatever but retiring numbers of dudes thay barely played there is just dumb.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers' Traverse City roster:

7kPIrWL.jpg

Super interested to see how a bunch of those D perform.

Sure, I mean they have to, right? They retired Roenick's and he was only in the desert for 5 seasons.

Expect to see him in the pre and post game broadcast booth eventually too.

Until the team moves :/

I hope to see his name in the rafters for the Coyotes. He stayed in Arizona longer than any player. That's loyalty and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the Assistant GM job someday

PillarEN

Fuck no. Never will either. Fuck Roenick.

It still annoys me that Phoenix retired his number. Its not just them though. I get that teams want to build a "history" or whatever but retiring numbers of dudes thay barely played there is just dumb.

Shit man. Didn't mean to rile you up so much with JR.

Agreed with your second point. Retired numbers should really mean something and not be given away like candy.

Duchene has over 100 career points more than Turris and is two years younger. Give me a break dude.

edit: He also led the league in faceoff percentage last year. During a season he openly admits he checked out of. Tied for 3rd on faceoffs in 2015-2016.
A team would go from contenders to bottom feeders in a trade that involved 1 roster player

-Dopey
Hey man, when you put as much love and devotion into dopeystats as dopey has you just know things.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The still undefeated Vegas Golden Knights strike again:
Vegas Golden Knights‏ Verified account @GoldenKnights

Now that our jersey numbers are in, our updated No. 87 power rankings:

1. Shipachyov
2. @RobGronkowski
3. Can't think of any others

Line_HTX

The roads leading out of my block are finally dry enough for me to move and get the fuck out of my house finally!

I already donated $250 to J.J. Watt's relief fund, now I'm going to try and see where I can go volunteer to physically help those that got it way worse than me.

Top Bottom