• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

imBask

Banned
btw I stumbled upon some Rugby on youtube and ended watching a bunch of it. The refs are mic'd up and can be heard on the TV feed at all time. Coincidentally all players seemed calm and fairly nice, and i'm wondering if it's an effect of knowing everyone can hear you

I'd love to see that in the NHL

Reckheim

btw I stumbled upon some Rugby on youtube and ended watching a bunch of it. The refs are mic'd up and can be heard on the TV feed at all time. Coincidentally all players seemed calm and fairly nice, and i'm wondering if it's an effect of knowing everyone can hear you

I'd love to see that in the NHL

CBC tried that back in the early 2000's ... didn't go so well. Them F'bombs were flying.

PillarEN

The NHL Youtube channel is doing their season preview for each team. I found the Red Wings preview to be almost too forgiving. Their focus was mostly about the teams low scoring. It's true, though I really see that aspect to be in a transition. They brought up Mantha, Larkin, AA (Athanaseiueadhghght however it's spelled) and how these three need to take a stronger role. AA? Maybe. Larkin, Mantha? Definitely. Those two are certainly looked at as the next top line players once Zetterberg is gone. It would be concerning if those two don't improve from last year.

More importantly what wasn't brought up in the video or had little focus is the defense and goaltending. Both are massive question marks. Defense still relying on an aging and banged up Kronwall. Bless his heart, but it's a little scary that there is nobody who is ready to overtake him as the defensive leader on the team. Goaltending is a huge issue especially since the Wings don't have much cap space at all. Last year Mrazek had a very rough year and Howard who was solid was mostly sidelined. Fast forward to the expansion draft and Mrazek was left unprotected. Well well. So really it's not so much the offense that I see as the biggest question mark, but the defense and goaltending.

Razorskin

----- ------
I asked in the game's thread about this but got no response.

Is there ANY way to play the game in the traditional HSG style, or is every single mode played in online lobbies with you running from shot to shot?

Single player is a lot like what hot shots golf was, differences being that you create a character and during tournaments you'll have AI teeing off with you.

You don't run from shot to shot at all in single player.

Chris R

Single player is a lot like what hot shots golf was, differences being that you create a character and during tournaments you'll have AI teeing off with you.

You don't run from shot to shot at all in single player.

Well, I'll still wait for the Quick Look from GB before deciding...

Sucks that Amazon got rid of the 20% off for prime people in the first few weeks of a game being out tho

Anybody gonna be playing Destiny 2 on PS4? Never played the first, kinda want to jump into the second one because my friend and brother are gonna get it.

Quick

Banned
So...kingslunk is either a Trump supporter or lets them free on his channel, or both?

He spent a lot of time on NHL-GAF's channel denying that he's one of them.

imBask

Banned
So...kingslunk is either a Trump supporter or lets them free on his channel, or both?

He spent a lot of time on NHL-GAF's channel denying that he's one of them.

he's also on warning to get banned from ours for trolling everyone all the time so who knows

PillarEN

King... Henrik. Hmm...

Then there is that one website ReturnOfKings. Absolutely hilarious if you get a kick out of stupidity/garbage.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Ribeiro has essentially dropped off the face of the earth, per his agent.

I'll never forget Poile sticking up for that sleazy fucker during his sexual assault case, and getting repaid by Ribeiro sleepwalking through the end of that season and the start of the next. I hope he doesn't go and do something drastic, but if I never heard his name again it would be too soon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think I'll wait and see what everyone else thinks of Before The Storm. But for right now I'm waiting for season two of Life is Strange

The reviews are pretty good for a 3h prequel miniseries episode by a different dev. I'll definitely get it.

It's going to suck, just like the original game. Pure dreck.

Now a good game? Super Metroid. Tried it yesterday for the 1st time. Go play that instead. Look, I can guarantee you throughout my life, running into hundreds of people, there is not a lot of people that are like-minded and can simply hang with an individual like me who is humorous to the core yet serious when it's absolutely matters.

Top Bottom