• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wish I could play Destiny 2 tonight

ALAS, my Amazon copy won't get here til tomorrow. HYPE.

Marvie_3

Banned
Il
I've only watched one and half and I'm almost done haha
Ive been to a few MLB games that have gone 15+ innings. Its not bad when youre there. Watching it on tv just gets depressing. All the players are losers who cant win and you feel bad and just want all the misery to end.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ive been to a few MLB games that have gone 15+ innings. Its not bad when youre there. Watching it on tv just gets depressing. All the players are losers who cant win and you feel bad and just want all the misery to end.

Lol, the concessions closing probably sucks.

And that's the game... A perfect example summing up the entire Jays season.

calder

Just so you guys are aware, the NHL-GAF Declaration of Principles will be announced today at 2:00PM EDT so as not to interfere with media coverage of the announcement in NYC.

There's also some quibbling about point two, but the lawyers will tighten up the wording asap don't worry.

• NHL GAF's greatest value is the role it plays in keeping Oiler fan numbers down

McDavid and Fleury were hamming it up on the Today Show.

You gonna be alright, Dubbed? What's your plan?

I'm in Georgia so no real worries here. My aunt, uncle and cousins came up for Labor Day so if it tracks to the Western coast they'll probably come back. Couple people I know are going to the opposite coast of where it will track.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Just so you guys are aware, the NHL-GAF Declaration of Principles will be announced today at 2:00PM EDT so as not to interfere with media coverage of the announcement in NYC.

There's also some quibbling about point two, but the lawyers will tighten up the wording asap don't worry.

• NHL GAF's greatest value is the role it plays in keeping Oiler fan numbers down

What are we going to do with the Oiler fans who were brought to this forum as mere children? Would you really force them to move back to Edmonton?

Does anybody deserve such a fate?

Cake Boss

Banned
No confirmation from WIN, but hearing extensions are indeed coming for GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and head coach Paul Maurice in next few days.

lnwh.gif

An extension for a team that has yet to win 1 single playoff round in 5 years.

Edit: Confirmed multi year deals for both lol.

Cake Boss

Banned
I wonder if it's really tough to get coaches and managers interested in going to Winnipeg? Or if they fear it would be?

Seeing how limited coaching and management vacancies there are, that seems unlikely. Would a Lindy Ruff be more interested in a HC job in Winnipeg or an assistant position in NY?

calder

I wonder if it's really tough to get coaches and managers interested in going to Winnipeg? Or if they fear it would be?

Nah, it's entirely because TNSE is way, way, way, way too into "loyalty" and they simply like Chevy. And to be fair, Chevy has done a pretty good job building up a completely barren roster and prospect pool.

Sadly Chevy is also all about loyalty, and he seems to really like Maurice so despite the fact that few people think Mo is doing a better than adequate job he gets to hang on too.

Pikma

Banned
Guys, I mostly never talk about this here but I'm going through some deep depression right now, things are definitely not going my way in most aspects of life, haven't been for a while to be honest, and saying that it has hit me is an understatement. My birthday was two days ago and I spent it all alone, I did absolutely nothing both because I didn't have anyone close approach me and because I didn't have the energy to even care about doing anything about it/arranging something.

The only reason I tell you this is because if I disappear for a while now you'll know why and won't think I got bored of the community/gaf or got salty/mad/whatever at someone here

I love you guys and this is the best community I've ever felt part of, or maybe the only one I've ever truly felt part of.

yyzjohn

Banned
Guys, I mostly never talk about this here but I'm going through some deep depression right now, things are definitely not going my way in most aspects of life, haven't been for a while to be honest, and saying that it has hit me is an understatement. My birthday was two days ago and I spent it all alone, I did absolutely nothing both because I didn't have anyone close approach me and because I didn't have the energy to even care about doing anything about it/arranging something.

The only reason I tell you this is because if I disappear for a while now you'll know why and won't think I got bored of the community/gaf or got salty/mad/whatever at someone here

I love you guys and this is the best community I've ever felt part of, or maybe the only one I've ever truly felt part of.

Buddy is there someone you can talk to in real life? Don't keep things in, talk about it and try and get some help about your feelings. You'll be surprised when you reach out how many others can listen and who have gone through similar situations. You are not alone.

imBask

Banned

Please seek professional help, there's absolutely no shame in that and it's the best thing you can do, friend
source : I did and I pulled through

<3

Please Call 1-800-273-8255. We all love you Pikma. I don't wanna lose a friend

kingslunk

PIKMAAAAAA MY STARS BRO *positive vibes your way*

Message me whenever man if you need to talk to someone

Listen to everyone else. Talk to someone, a professional please.

Cake Boss

Banned

I swear, if you do anything I'll kick yo ass!! &#128545;&#128545;&#128545;

Please listen to creeper and dial that number.

Merguson

Banned

Hey, I enjoy having you as part of the community and would love to keep it that way.

Follow the advice from the members above me if you need help.

Line_HTX

Pikma, I know we butt heads, but please follow Creeper's advice and call that number.

And if you ever need anything, I may not look like it but I'm a really good listener however much I can. I really don't want anything bad happen to you, seriously. You're too good for that.

RC

Banned

Depression isn't an inescapable hole, we're all here for you. No matter what you're going through, you have our support.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member

Shit man, that's awful.

Like everyone said, call the number Creeper posted.

iLLmAtlc

sending you warm thoughts from the west coast brother

Calamari41

41 > 38
Pikma, you're our guy, go get some help and this will all be a memory down the road. Things can turn around a lot more quickly than you anticipate, especially if you have someone who can help you work through some things. Give it a try!

One of my best friends was going through something similar a few years ago, unbeknownst to anybody, and he started seeing a therapist who really helped to turn things around for him. I don't know the right kind of thing you're supposed to say in a situation like this, its just coming from the heart, I know you can make things change if you give it a shot. If you're not inclined to go down the therapy road yet, just opening up to the loved ones you mentioned in your post will help to put things in a positive direction as well.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I know its a long shot but if you're having job issues that are contributing to this, that's one area where I can probably help you out more than most.

calder

As everyone has already said, please call someone dude. There *is* effective help out there available to you but you have to reach out a bit first and I'm sure it's hard but it will be so worth it.

You're not like Tabris. Also lets play some shit.

Silexx

Hang in there, Pikma. We're all rooting for you.

PillarEN

Jeez man. I don't have any words of wisdom. Even if you do take some time off from here, I'm sure there are several users here who know you for a long time and would be happy to hear you vent or anything even if it was through a PM. We got your back. Look at this string of posts right here.

Top Bottom