• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Pikma, much love to you. I went through some dark times in my early 20s. Talking to us is a good start. Counselling and other things (books, religious stuff if that's your thing) really help too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Please seek professional help if you can, it helped me a lot personally when I was struggling with mental illness. I still am, but I feel a lot better now, thanks to professional help. And know that you can always PM me or I'm sure tons of other gaffers here. There are several in NHL-GAF who have struggled with Mental Illness one way or another and getting to talk to people about it and treat it less stigmatized helps. Let me know if you need anything at all.

Cheers

Pikma - good vibes your way. You already have a bunch of buddies here to talk to so I will offer a place to stay up here in Minnesota if you ever need one. As long as you dont smell bad. But if you just want to talk to the only sane person in this community, hit me up.

Hell, I can probably help you find a job around here if you need that too. I work in hiring and give people jobs every day.

It'll all work out in the end amigo. Maybe not for the Dallas Stars because they suck ass, but everything else will.

For the record, my birthday this year wasnt very good either. All our plans were ruined by a shitstain brother in law who showed up and literally broke shit and puked all over everything. So even if you didnt do anything, at least you didnt have to spend all night taking care of a wasted piece of shit and then spending all the next day cleaning up from their aftermath. And then doing it again two weeks later.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pikma - good vibes your way. You already have a bunch of buddies here to talk to so I will offer a place to stay up here in Minnesota if you ever need one. As long as you dont smell bad. But if you just want to talk to the only sane person in this community, hit me up.

Hell, I can probably help you find a job around here if you need that too. I work in hiring and give people jobs every day.

It'll all work out in the end amigo. Maybe not for the Dallas Stars because they suck ass, but everything else will.

For the record, my birthday this year wasnt very good either. All our plans were ruined by a shitstain brother in law who showed up and literally broke shit and puked all over everything. So even if you didnt do anything, at least you didnt have to spend all night taking care of a wasted piece of shit and then spending all the next day cleaning up from their aftermath. And then doing it again two weeks later.

Schuey will PM you any moment now

Guys, I mostly never talk about this here but I'm going through some deep depression right now, things are definitely not going my way in most aspects of life, haven't been for a while to be honest, and saying that it has hit me is an understatement. My birthday was two days ago and I spent it all alone, I did absolutely nothing both because I didn't have anyone close approach me and because I didn't have the energy to even care about doing anything about it/arranging something.

The only reason I tell you this is because if I disappear for a while now you'll know why and won't think I got bored of the community/gaf or got salty/mad/whatever at someone here

I love you guys and this is the best community I've ever felt part of, or maybe the only one I've ever truly felt part of.

I'm relatively new to this thread but it's clear even to me how important you are to this community and the people here. Take all the time away you need but please get some help.

Quick

Banned
Pikma, we love you man.

Not only can I make avatars and photoshop stuff, I'm also someone you can talk to if needed.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
If only. The sun tan lotion he sold me was just a ketchup packet that he drew a picture of the sun on with a sharpie. 😧

You were supposed to apply the packet of musta.... I mean skin revitalize first.

Also leave lead alone, it's never hurt anybody

Pikma, you are loved and we're here you. Whatever situation you are in, no matter how bad it looks now it will get better. It may not be right away and it may take a lot of work but I guarantee it will get better. Just keep on.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Reporter: "Who was the first leaf to call you to welcome you to the team"

Marleau: "I don't want to get this wrong ... I think it was O'Reilly"

fuck he has dementia nooooo

Alucard

Banned
Guys, I mostly never talk about this here but I'm going through some deep depression right now, things are definitely not going my way in most aspects of life, haven't been for a while to be honest, and saying that it has hit me is an understatement. My birthday was two days ago and I spent it all alone, I did absolutely nothing both because I didn't have anyone close approach me and because I didn't have the energy to even care about doing anything about it/arranging something.

The only reason I tell you this is because if I disappear for a while now you'll know why and won't think I got bored of the community/gaf or got salty/mad/whatever at someone here

I love you guys and this is the best community I've ever felt part of, or maybe the only one I've ever truly felt part of.

Depression is no joke. You've got people here willing to reach out if you wanna talk. Pull through this, man.

Yawnier

Banned
Morgan Reilly right?

Yep

And Pikma I'm not really sure what to say to you beyond what everybody else has said so far but I will say this; for what it's worth you're one of my favorite posters on here and I hope you don't do anything to hurt yourself and you take that first leap soon to get help, or to talk to somebody close to you and take it from there. Don't bottle in your feelings man.

I've gone to see a mental health professional several times in rough patches in my life (tbh I'm kind of in one right now) and it has helped.

DJDobdAW4AErU3a.jpg

Josh Ho-sang‏Verified account
@66jhosang
New wheels

Need me a Ho-Sang jersey.

Heretic

Pikma, keep your head up buddy. We're all here for you. ❤️❤️❤️

Schuey only PM's me sales pitches from his pyramid schemes. 😒

Wait, they're pyramid schemes!?

DAMMIT, SCHUEY!!!

Pikman, sending you goods vibes, buddy. Put a pre-order down on an Xbox One X brought to you by Microsoft so we can get some games in!

Stasis

Please seek professional help if you can, it helped me a lot personally when I was struggling with mental illness. I still am, but I feel a lot better now, thanks to professional help. And know that you can always PM me or I'm sure tons of other gaffers here. There are several in NHL-GAF who have struggled with Mental Illness one way or another and getting to talk to people about it and treat it less stigmatized helps. Let me know if you need anything at all.

Cheers

I'm not very active here, especially in the off-season, and I'm a bit late with this post but...

To Pikma, can confirm the above. And Smiley is a great guy to PM =)

Be well. Many of us understand, to varying degrees, what you're going through. I do.

zroid

Banned
apparently the leafs hired that guy who does all those tactics videos on twitter (actually he has been with the athletic for a while iirc)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Pikma ❤️

We're here for you. As others have mentioned, please seek help. It really does help. You can work through this. I did, as have others in NHLGaf.

Silexx

Oh wow, some salty motherfuckers whose teams can't even get past teh 1st round are talking shit about the Senators? Colour me surprised.

PillarEN

The Avs salt fully uncapped when they didn't win the lottery. The cap won't be put back on until they lose the lottery again this season. At which point all the salt will over-flood Colorado.

Top Bottom