• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWARD SHUTOUT!!!! FIRST 3 GAME LOSING STREAK BY THE HAWKS THIS YEAR!!!! FIRST PK GOAL LET UP BY THE HAWKS THIS POSTSEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UP 3-1 IN THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not be comfortable until Detroit finishes this series off, the Hawks are way too good and can easily win three in a row to win the series

pringles

Cannot fucking believe this Wings team.
Me fucking neither. I always felt this roster had potential if they put it all together, but not this much potential.

Series ain't over though. If Detroit could win 3 straight I could see Chicago doing it too.

Howard was beastly this game and pretty much stole it for us. Good PK sealed the deal. Sucks for Crawford, his best game of the series and got nothing to show for it.

This Hawks series will see a 7th game.

Hahahahaha, wow. Not even fucking close.

Me fucking neither. I always felt this roster had potential if they put it all together, but not this much potential.

Series ain't over though. If Detroit could win 3 straight I could see Chicago doing it too.

Howard was beastly this game and pretty much stole it for us. Good PK sealed the deal. Sucks for Crawford, his best game of the series and got nothing to show for it.

Hawks won't win three straight. They couldn't even score a goal today and have only scored two goals in the last three games. They can't beat Howard, they can't pass it without wiffing on it or shoot or get it out of their own zone because the Wings have these insane phantom sticks that attracts the puck to them. The powerplay is beyond useless to the point where the Hawks should be begging the refs to not give them a powerplay because they could better do at even strength. The Wings just have more heart and want to win. The Hawks don't have any heart. Also, the Hawks are getting completely outcoached. Crawford is strong, but the team around him isn't.

I'd be shocked if the Hawks can score next game let alone win. The Wings are playing like a team that could easily win the Cup right now. I imagine a Wings / Penguins final would be similar to this series.

Marvie_3

Banned
We'll take Quenneville, if that's okay with you.
I'll drive him to Vancouver. I'll also try my best to get him there in one piece but I can't make any promises on that.

Can't wait for Q to do fucking nothing and then the media to defend him.
Hawks are gonna be well rested for the WCF right? A week of sleeping in and golf before the DET/SJ or LA series start will get them plenty rested.

This Hawks series will see a 7th game.
Shut up, Forza.

Marvie_3

Banned

If you would have told me a year ago that Crawford would be the least of our problems, I would have laughed in your prinsesstårta eating face.

Velcro Fly

Game 2 for Van/SJ.

I want to say there was a Kings/Blues game also tied very late that may have been 6 on 5 too.

It happens plenty but the Hawks have been putrid with a man advantage at any point in this series. They had better chances on one of the Toews minors in the second after Detroit turned it over in their own zone for the 39th time

MacAttack

The Bruins literally just ruined my weekend. Fucking CUNTS.
No shit. If they had wrapped things up tonight, I would have a had a stress free long weekend. Instead, we have to sweat out a 5:30 Saturday afternoon game and possibly another game on Monday in New York.

Bruins should have had this one. Rangers were dead in the water in the first and the Bruins let them off the hook.

Bruins in 5.

~Kinggi~

Banned
No shit. If they had wrapped things up tonight, I would have a had a stress free long weekend. Instead, we have to sweat out a 5:30 Saturday afternoon game and possibly another game on Monday in New York.

Bruins should have had this one. Rangers were dead in the water in the first and the Bruins let them off the hook.

Bruins in 5.
Rask fell over on his ass and his little stick missed the puck as it slid by and he waved and said 'BYE PUCK I LOVES YUUUUUU!'

Man, I thought Kopitar had scored on that shot. Would have been a beauty. Kings are playing a lot better than they did in Game 4 though. We've actually won the battle of zone control so far.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Rask fell over on his ass and his little stick missed the puck as it slid by and he waved and said 'BYE PUCK I LOVES YUUUUUU!'

B6D6Jta.gif

You're going to bitch about cross checks when Detroit has been getting away with that shit all series? How about the fact that Detroit is allowed to clutch and grab anybody they want without EVER getting called? Don't fucking pretend like Detroit doesn't have a fucking advantage when it comes to this bullshit. They have for years.

2gDAYj6.gif

MacAttack

I heard that call on the radio and hadn't seen it until now...

o_0 In his post-game interview he said that happens to him 2 or 3 times a year in practice. 0_o

edit: On second thought, he was talking about getting his skate caught in a rut, not falling down for no reason, which is what he appeared to do.

I also missed the Krug hotness, do you have a gif of that Smiley?

I did see Dougie Hamilton shit the bed. Where is Seidenberg?

Acid08

Banned
Pretty shitty first. Kings playing us but only a couple actual scoring chances for them. Defense looks good. Need to see some actual forechecking in the second, the Gomez life had the most offense for us which isn't great. Nemo looked good. Pretty boring period overall.

Top Bottom