• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Cat Party

I don't mind the fact that Torres was suspended for the hit, because it was iffy, but the explanation the NHL gave is atrocious. They do not have a look showing the head was the principal point of contact, and the stuff about Stoll spinning is bullshit.

Acid08

Banned
I don't mind the fact that Torres was suspended for the hit, because it was iffy, but the explanation the NHL gave is atrocious. They do not have a look showing the head was the principal point of contact, and the stuff about Stoll spinning is bullshit.
They don't have the angle because there isn't an angle that would show shoulder to shoulder hit with the head being the principal point of contact. It was a hard hit and Stoll was unlucky. I do concede he was in a bit of a vulnerable position but the hit itself wasn't dirty. He got a charging penalty, arguably what it should have been.

Don't know how you can't mind this. We have Tim Kennedy AND Bracken fucking Kearns playing for the rest of this series. Doesn't sound like Havlat is going to be back soon. Demers is still out. Fucking shit.

Heretic

Teams often times play harder when they lose an important player. Hoping the Sharks that* pull through this.

Edit: *Should be "can pull..."
Damn you Bish!

Cat Party

They don't have the angle because there isn't an angle that would show shoulder to shoulder hit with the head being the principal point of contact. It was a hard hit and Stoll was unlucky. I do concede he was in a bit of a vulnerable position but the hit itself wasn't dirty. He got a charging penalty, arguably what it should have been.

Don't know how you can't mind this. We have Tim Kennedy AND Bracken fucking Kearns playing for the rest of this series. Doesn't sound like Havlat is going to be back soon. Demers is still out. Fucking shit.
Oh, I definitely mind in terms of our lineup. I just don't mind a suspension for this type of hit in general. Too dangerous when you come from the blindside. The length of this suspension is absurd though, as is the explanation.

Sigh. For a clean hit that resulted in an injury.

Cannot fucking believe that's suspension worthy when so much shit has been allowed in these playoffs.

Just saw this go up on my Facebook wall and what BS. That hit was anything but dirty. The penalty was probably the most appropriate thing to do, and man at worse, a one game suspension, but the whole series?

lCs6O5q.gif

Looks like he wears a fedora and works in a comic book shop.

using dat wood stick. what a bender.

Just saw this go up on my Facebook wall and what BS. That hit was anything but dirty. The penalty was probably the most appropriate thing to do, and man at worse, a one game suspension, but the whole series?

Honestly I think it was a good decision. The NHL needs to start giving out much more severe punishment to players that do dirty shit to try and give their team and advantage. There is too much crap being allowed in these playoffs and it is probably due to the fact that punishments are too lenient.

Honestly I think it was a good decision. The NHL needs to start giving out much more severe punishment to players that do dirty shit to try and give their team and advantage. There is too much crap being allowed in these playoffs and it is probably due to the fact that punishments are too lenient.

Sure, when it was a dirty play. What was dirty about this hit?

Sure, when it was a dirty play. What was dirty about this hit?

He went for the head. You can argue it was legitimate all you like but the fact is he did hit him in the head. IMO for a hit like this the punishment he received is justified. If it was deliberate attempt to injure, which it wasn't, I usually wish they are simply thrown out for the season.

Acid08

Banned
He went for the head. You can argue it was legitimate all you like but the fact is he did hit him in the head.
Have you even seen the video? Since when does a shoulder to shoulder with incidental contact warrant this? You really think this is setting a positive precedent? Shanny tossed out the entirety of that Habs/Sens game because no one was injured. THAT is what's called setting a precedent.

The only reason this was looked at at all was because Stoll was injured. The NHL is once again suspending for injury.

Have you even seen the video? Since when does a shoulder to shoulder with incidental contact warrant this? You really think this is setting a positive precedent? Shanny tossed out the entirety of that Habs/Sens game because no one was injured. THAT is what's called setting a precedent.

The only reason this was looked at at all was because Stoll was injured. The NHL is once again suspending for injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lbKNw77qbu8

It is a pretty clear shoulder to the head.

Socreges

Banned
Here's the Shanaban video: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671025&print=true

I completely agree with the assessment. I don't know how anyone could honestly say that the head isn't the principal point of contact. "Glancing blow" on the shoulder is exactly right.

If Torres was going to get suspended, he was never going to get just 2 games (a la Gryba) given that he's a repeat offender.

I don't think there was any malicious intent. I think it was just reckless. Reminds me a lot of the Gryba hit.

Mii

Banned
I'm late on this but

Raffi Torres you dirty fuck stay out of the league

Should have been banned permanently in 2006

With that said I don't think the hit Tuesday is that bad. Not ~6 games bad. But Torres is a rotten apple

I feel like I need a shower each time I see him on the ice with Marleau

Acid08

Banned
Here's the Shanaban video: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671025&print=true

I completely agree with the assessment. I don't know how anyone could honestly say that the head isn't the principal point of contact. "Glancing blow" on the shoulder is exactly right.

If Torres was going to get suspended, he was never going to get just 2 games (a la Gryba) given that he's a repeat offender.

I don't think there was any malicious intent. I think it was just reckless. Reminds me a lot of the Gryba hit.
If he hadn't been injured then this wouldn't have been anything. It reminds of the hit on Galiardi from the first round where it went from shoulder to head. Galiardi wasn't injured though so it wasn't looked at.

Clydefrog

I just realized I have black underwear on today. Must have done this subconsciously for the Kings! Acid, did you break out your teal panties today?

ShaneB

Fuck the Bruins. Let's go Rangers... no no no. That's not right at all. Let's go... sexy Henrik. That'll work. Let's go Henrik!

Mii

Banned
Dougie W shouldn't have done a deal with the devil. Torres' suspension was expected.

Its the fact that Wilson full well knew this was to be expected and still pursued him that bothers me.

Acid08

Banned
Dougie W shouldn't have done a deal with the devil. Torres' suspension was expected.

Its the fact that Wilson full well knew this and still wanted him that bothers me.
He'll sign him to a four year, 4.5mil per extension with a full NTC over the offseason. All part of the plan.

Mii

Banned
I'm trying out Google Play Music All Access.

Its making me realize I should pay for Spotify.

Was this your intent, Google?

Socreges

Banned
If he hadn't been injured then this wouldn't have been anything. It reminds of the hit on Galiardi from the first round where it went from shoulder to head. Galiardi wasn't injured though so it wasn't looked at.
But those should be suspensions, too. That's the problem*. That doesn't mean that Torres shouldn't be suspended.

*Shanahan seems to be neutered in this respect.

Acid08

Banned
But those should be suspensions, too. That's the problem*. That doesn't mean that Torres shouldn't be suspended.

*Shanahan seems to be neutered in this respect.
True. I guess what I'm more pissed off about is that this gets a suspension while so much other stuff has just been let go by Shanahan. The inconsistencies are just maddening. How are Bourque and Brown allowed to elbow just because they don't lead to injuries? I hate it.

Top Bottom