• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Galchenyuk scored and John MOTHERFUCKING Gibson was plain ol' John MOTHERFUCKING Gibson!!!
tumblr_ltci43OVeZ1qba57ko1_400.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto 1m
Brad Marchand leaves skate. In pain. No contact, looked like he pulled something.

welp

I was going to respond to the earlier post about Redden, Seidenberg, and Ferrence that we tend to fare very badly against "depleted" defenses for some reason, but if Marchand is out that could have a huge impact.

If Marchand can't go I think we might see Daugavins instead of Soderberg, but we'll see.

But man, with the D pairings going to be what it is, this game will be a little rough.

Edit: apparently Soderberg left with the rest of the team after skate, while Daugavins stayed out with scratches. Yeti time? Marchand walking around tho

Edit2: Claude saying Marchand is fine, crisis averted

UberTag

We're supposed to get through tonight with no more injuries and just a loss. These guys can't get themselves hurt in practice skates for crying out loud.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Once again, Staal, Clowe, and Powe are not on the ice at practice. Guessing the lineup is going to be the same as Games 6 and 7.

Maybe the lineup should ALWAYS be the same as Games 6 and 7...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jagr on his time as captain of the Rangers:

“I have a lot of good memories in New York. All of the years, we made the playoffs. In the first year nobody believed we could make the playoffs, and we did it. My first year was Hank’s first year and Tom Renney’s first year as a coach,” said Jagr. “We had such a good group of players and we surprised everybody. Such good memories in that hockey time for me.

“But now it’s a different story. I’m not good now. I was a lot better hockey player then, when I was in New York. Of course I’m different. I am honest. I cannot lie.”

Kinda makes me sad, really.

UberTag

I'm changing my Bruins/Rangers prediction with all these guys out before the series even begins. Rags in 6.
Depends if we can get them back for Game 2 or not.
If we can get Redden and Seidenberg back for then, we can be competitive.

Otherwise, I'm with you... and 6 games may actually be optimistic.

Tonight has always been a "lost" game. Rangers are effectively getting a one-game cushion handed to them. Shame the Caps choked 'cause I'd have rather it not been a home game being lost but it's really the same thing either way... equal number of home/road games in 2-7.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm changing my Bruins/Rangers prediction with all these guys out before the series even begins. Rags in 6.

I'm hearing that Marchand is banged up but still in the lineup tonight.

I wouldn't count out the Bruins even for tonight honestly. You should have seen what our offense looked like against Philadelphia and Florida when they were icing basically nothing but AHLers late in the season.

I'd love to be wrong about this and see the team actually seize upon a golden opportunity, but this is the Rangers we're talking about here.

ShaneB

Listening to last weeks Idle Thumbs discussion on Xcom makes me want to start a new game, and rename all my soldiers after hockey players.

Giggzy

Hopefully soon. Is it protocol for the GM to come along for in person hearings? DW flew to NY with Torres.

I haven't heard of it before but I could be mistaken. DW has a law degree from what I read so I'm sure he'll be able to defend his case very well.

Acid08

Banned
Lines at practice are:

Marleau-Couture-Pavs
Galiardi-Jumbo-Burns
Commander Sheppard-Gomez-Wingels
Desjardins-Kennedy-Kearns

Back to being super top loaded. Third line could be okay but that fourth line is just fucking awful. They better get way less than 10 minutes tonight. Hope the top 6 is ready to play hard.

UberTag

I wouldn't count out the Bruins even for tonight honestly. You should have seen what our offense looked like against Philadelphia and Florida when they were icing basically nothing but AHLers late in the season.

I'd love to be wrong about this and see the team actually seize upon a golden opportunity, but this is the Rangers we're talking about here.
Tonight's game is practically a gimme. Sure, Boston won on Monday without their key defensive guys but that was when they were desperate and had everything to play for. Tonight that won't be the case.

If the Rangers find a way to lose and it's NOT because Rask decided to make 50 saves while standing on his head, then you're in for a world of hurt as the team gets healthier.

I'm expecting the Rangers to win tonight by at least 3 goals.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight's game is practically a gimme. Sure, Boston won on Monday without their key defensive guys but that was when they were desperate and had everything to play for. Tonight that won't be the case.

If the Rangers find a way to lose and it's NOT because Rask decided to make 50 saves while standing on his head, then you're in for a world of hurt as the team gets healthier.

The easier it is, the harder it becomes for this Rangers team. The inverse is also true, with a few exceptions. These guys always have to do things the hard way.

I'm still in shock at how Monday night went down for us.

Come one, now- less Belichick Jedi mind tricks here and more Ranger fans saying "hello" to Mr. Milbury's shoe:

And why not some Tuukka Time blocker edition while we're at it:

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
On the radio today in Washington, Adam Oates was asked about John Tortorella’s remarks that the Capitals spent the series complaining and that is why they lost the series.

Here is a transcript from the show:

Oates: He’s out of line and should be worried about his own series. We didn’t whine once during the series. I never complained, did you ever hear me complain?
Hosts: No, not you.
Oates: Ovi did after game seven. No one did before any game. I met the supervisor before game seven. You meet with the supervisor before every single game. We never complained about anything.
Host: Could you beat Torts up in a one on one situation?
Oates: Yes…..easily.

Following game six, Troy Brouwer said that it was “outlandish” that the Caps didn’t get a power play.
Hahaha. I can't wait for the Caps to be back in the division next season.

Top Bottom