• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

UberTag

The intensity isn't there, and so far no 2nd round series really feels that close :(
Every year we get a bunch of dull 2nd round series with the exception of one series that turns amazing.

Last year it was Rangers-Capitals.
The year before it was Detroit almost rebounding from 0-3 to beat the Sharks.
The year before that I guess there were two series that were pretty damn compelling... but I was too preoccupied with the Bruins collapsing an 0-3 lead to the Flyers to care about Montreal-Pittsburgh being one for the ages.

Alucard

Banned
Listening to the game was great. Arriving at my parents' house and watching the highlights of Crosby's goals at 1:30am?

champagneGif.gif

Sid is sports excellence personified. Just untouchable. Hope the Pens can keep it up. I'd like to see them go up 3-0 and then give MAF a chance in game 4 to close it out.

Alucard

Banned
Karlsson needs to rest and heal, but I hope the Sens keep him on the ice for game 3!
corbstorch.gif

And here's Crosby's dad not giving a shit about his son getting a hatty:
crosbyht.gif

"Could've put it a little more perfectly into the corner, son."

So all this time Crosby has really been just competing for his dads affection the whole time?

I'LL MAKE YOU PROUD ONE DAY DADDY

ONE DAAAAAAAAAAAY

Sidney gets to sit in the front cos he's a good guy at sports

Karlsson needs to rest and heel, but I hope the Sens keep him on the ice for game 3!
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MIbREsGTu20/UZbCeB8JU8I/AAAAAAACM14/yO9LK9WvAnQ/s582/corbstorch.gif[img]

And here's Crosby's dad not giving a shit about his son getting a hatty:
[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PxdDR3OEYXA/UZbP9fAmwzI/AAAAAAACM2M/oFecbYYNWuY/s534/crosbyht.gif[img]
"Could've put it a little more perfectly into the corner, son."[/QUOTE]

Wow, making Achilles comments when your team is up 2-0?

Classless.

Socreges

Banned
Any word on what's hurting Karlsson? Probably picked up another injury not long after returning. Pens have been stepping around him like it's nothing.

TUSR

Banned
That's clever and everything, but if it was his achilles I don't think they'd still be playing him. Personal thought is he injured something else since he was susceptible.

didn't he only play like 15 minutes tonight, there is definitely a bit more to his injury than the Achilles

Cake Boss

Banned
Cake Boss, do you want to see Karlsson in game 3, or is he a liability right now?

He played 15min last night, I think thats his lowest since his rookie season.

Sit him or put him on the 3rd pairing sheltered minutes with PP minutes, you cant have him going up against Crosby again, he cant even skate backwards anymore.

Also sit out Michalek, what a useless cunt this guy has been, yeah sure hes playing on 1 leg but damn hes always injured when we need him the most. Put in Stone, he cant be as slow as Michalek has been.

Wrong. Blackhawks are the best team in the league, and Detroit is on the decline.

You obviously haven't watched the hidden skill the Wings possess in falling apart in the third period, they are better than anyone else in the league in that category, therefore that makes them better in all ways.

I think every year someone says "Detroit is on a decline".

They do, then we make the playoffs, then it turns into "They'll miss it next year". Seriously guys, can you get some new material, it's a little lacking.

Alucard

Banned
You obviously haven't watched the hidden skill the Wings possess in falling apart in the third period, they are better than anyone else in the league in that category, therefore that makes them better in all ways.

They do, then we make the playoffs, then it turns into "They'll miss it next year". Seriously guys, can you get some new material, it's a little lacking.

Wings went in ass-first this season, bro. Only a matter of time. Do you see a better year next season, or more of the same?

Merguson

Banned

You're going to go down in flames next year, getting the 1st overall selection, then you screw up that pick and then the franchise is relocated to Carson City.

Happy?

He played 15min last night, I think thats his lowest since his rookie season.

Sit him or put him on the 3rd pairing sheltered minutes with PP minutes, you cant have him going up against Crosby again, he cant even skate backwards anymore.

Also sit out Michalek, what a useless cunt this guy has been, yeah sure hes playing on 1 leg but damn hes always injured when we need him the most. Put in Stone, he cant be as slow as Michalek has been.

All part of Cooke's plan. Take out Karlsson so they can get an easy win in the playoffs.

Wings went in ass-first this season, bro. Only a matter of time. Do you see a better year next season, or more of the same?

Better, I think we may finally dump some dead wait (Oh I soooo hope we do) and we have a good set of rookies coming who will get a good full season who have shown great promise this year (Nyquist, Brunner, Tatar, Deykeyser). Though with the new playoff set up, it will be harder to make the playoffs period which kinda sucks.

You're going to go down in flames next year, getting the 1st overall selection, then you screw up that pick and then the franchise is relocated to Carson City.

Happy?

Is Carson City the new name of Detroit when it falls apart?

Top Bottom