• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Akkad

Banned
Fuck I have to go to a wedding in Detoilet this week, can't wait for my cousin to rub this in my face, fuck you hawks enjoy the boos!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice work, Wings.

Darroll Powe was working out off-ice today at practice. Maybe he'll be ready to go by the time the series gets back to MSG?

Lines at practice today:

Zuccarello-Brassard-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
Kreider-Richards-Asham

Same as Game 1.

I really think that 4th line is a problem. Boston's 4th line chews them up. Curious what Torts is going to do about that.

Aww man, now I won't be able to enjoy know-nothing Chicago fans and jealous non-Detroit fans from around the league telling me the Wings have no chance in the series and will get swept and so forth.

As a Wings fan, I have to say I'm more worried about the Sharks in the WCF. Thankfully, LA's getting the job done.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Impressive win. I thought that the Hawks could possibly sweep (I was leaning toward 5/6 games), but I think it's definitely going 6/7 now.

But of course, home matinee games = poison. The Bruins will likely suffer a similar fate tomorrow.

Smash88

Banned
tumblr_mmz5p5Msmf1qdee41o1_400.gif

Vokoun is doing some crazy shit for us. What a great backup starting goalie. :D

Revenant

Aww man, now I won't be able to enjoy know-nothing Chicago fans and jealous non-Detroit fans from around the league telling me the Wings have no chance in the series and will get swept and so forth.

As a Wings fan, I have to say I'm more worried about the Sharks in the WCF. Thankfully, LA's getting the job done.

So saltayyyyyyyy

Revenant

Woah woah take it easy, old sport, go smoke some marijuana drug

Rev is a good christian boy who would never do drugs. Up with hope. Down with dope. That's how he lives.

My strong faith helps guide me during these tough days of hockey team losses. I'm just glad we could all revel in a good contest of the Lord's sport. Come join me in singing some hymns brothers, I'm sure you all have such lovely singing voices!

Marvie_3

Banned
My strong faith helps guide me during these tough days of hockey team losses. I'm just glad we could all revel in a good contest of the Lord's sport. Come join me in singing some hymns brothers, I'm sure you all have such lovely singing voices!

Like bro hymn?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The New York Rangers power play is a daily story for its continuous struggles, and Saturday the focus turned to Carl Hagelin, the speedy, skilled left wing who doesn't even play on the power play.

Now we know why, courtesy of coach John Tortorella.
"Because he stinks on the power play," Tortorella said during an entertaining press conference following practice Saturday at TD Garden. "He stinks. I don't know why. I wish I could put him on the power play, but every time I put him on, he stinks."

Oh Torts. :lol

Cat Party

Sharks got fined 100,000 for Doug Wilson's comments yesterday :lol

This is becoming a sideshow. We've seen worse hits and heard worse comments in these playoffs already, yet the NHL is swinging Thor's hammer at the Sharks. I don't think there's any pro-LA bias--SJ is generally a stronger hockey market than LA if you're into those kinds of conspiracy theories--but this is silly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Torts. :lol

He's right. Hagelin's no good on the PP because he's primarily a transition guy. He uses his speed to create chances and open up holes for other guys to come in behind the play. This isn't really all that helpful when you're set up in the offensive zone on a power play. He's not like someone like Zuccarello who, though he's also fast and great in transition, can also be very creative in creating chances while cycling things around.

Not that a lot of people who are out there are that much better, of course. Girardi in particular flat out shouldn't be out on the PP, for example (though, to be fair, he has exactly half of our power play goals in these playoffs so far).

Alucard

Banned
1 jumps like a cunt into Couturier's head and 1 guy still has yet to be suspended.

Pens fans.

Just because he hasn't been suspended doesn't mean he hasn't made some dirty plays in his career.

How do you genuinely feel about Chris Neil, Cake Boss? Do you like what he brings, or do you get frustrated by his antics?

Bro Hymn has a fucking awesome bass line. As a bassist myself, it's the kind of line I wish I'd written. The song gets a bit repetitive though.

Go Kings!

Way late since I went out but was following the game on my phone but.....

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DIDN'T GET SWEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMITH'S FAULT, ETC.....

Just because he hasn't been suspended doesn't mean he hasn't made some dirty plays in his career.

How do you genuinely feel about Chris Neil, Cake Boss? Do you like what he brings, or do you get frustrated by his antics?

I hate your team, but I have to respect your new avatar.

Top Bottom