• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Clydefrog

I realized I could fast-forward.

Then I realized I could close that shit. Someone called me a fucking idiot. Someone else (Quick, obv) said he made a gif for me last season -- thx :)

fuck you guys

edit: HAH! someone just mispronounced schadenfreude.

Impeccable timing on these high sticks, :lol

773106849.gif

amazing

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was right, last night did end the Rangers' unbeaten streak in games where they lead after two periods.

They had not lost in regulation in their last 99(!) straight games in which they held the lead during the second intermission.

The Rangers had also been 16-0-0 during the regular season when leading after two.

The Rangers' last such loss was on February 4, 2010 against the Washington Capitals.

ShaneB

Glad to see the Sharks hang on for the victory. 3/4 series have turned into some really great hockey, I guess the Bruins/Rangers was the one I was never that interested in anyway, but I just wish the Rangers were up 3-0 instead :(

Acid08

Banned
I realized I could fast-forward.

Then I realized I could close that shit. Someone called me a fucking idiot. Someone else (Quick, obv) said he made a gif for me last season -- thx :)

fuck you guys

edit: HAH! someone just mispronounced schadenfreude.
You didn't like my shoutout? :(

I'm just jokin around man, you're the best Kings-Age member by far buddy.

ShaneB

Brad Richards just seems like another victim of a player signing a long term contract and just completely falling off the map. Seriously, have any of these deals worked out yet at all?

Sanjuro

I think we could have swept the Rangers. 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&...zw-4Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player&nomobile=1

"Are you fucking serious?" /justwantedtopostthevideo

Rangers are in a tough place, even before the second season started. I remember someone laughing at me on this board earlier in the season when I said that the Islanders were the better New York based team.

That being said, I doubt the Leafs sweep the Rangers in any scenario (doubt the Bruins do as well). Reimer isn't set up to go toe-to-toe with elite goaltenders on a consecutive basis. They probably would have won though. Rangers are just misfiring on almost every cylinder.

sammich

Brad Richards just seems like another victim of a player signing a long term contract and just completely falling off the map. Seriously, have any of these deals worked out yet at all?

Kovalchuk i would say worked.

Technically you can also count Crosby in there cant you?

ShaneB

Kovulchuk was the one I thought of as well (even he had his dips...), and Crosby as well, but if injuries keep following these guys around, those multi years will be wasted.

Acid08

Banned
I bet Suter will work out just fine for the Wild for a long time. Parise though, I'm not convinced.

Both of those contracts are incredibly shitty though. Love owners who sign players to those contracts and then whine during the lockout about them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&...zw-4Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player&nomobile=1

"Are you fucking serious?" /justwantedtopostthevideo

Rangers are in a tough place, even before the second season started. I remember someone laughing at me on this board earlier in the season when I said that the Islanders were the better New York based team.

That being said, I doubt the Leafs sweep the Rangers in any scenario (doubt the Bruins do as well). Reimer isn't set up to go toe-to-toe with elite goaltenders on a consecutive basis. They probably would have won though. Rangers are just misfiring on almost every cylinder.
Yeah, pretty much. If you look at the ways we've lost these games in this series, too, it's clear that even a tiny bit of luck would have this series in a completely different place right now. Game 1 was only lost on a fantastic play in overtime off an interception of a pass that works 9 times out of 10, Game 3 was lost by a weird as shit bounce that Lundqvist could do little about. This could easily be a 2-1 Rangers series lead with virtually no difference at all in how play has proceeded, even with the weak efforts like last night's, just with one or two bounces going the other direction.

That's hockey sometimes.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Anton Stralman and Chris Kreider are not on the ice at practice today, though the skate is optional.

Ryane Clowe IS on the ice, finally.

Curufinwe

Kovalchuk is still playing well but his contract will cost the Devils a first round pick in next year's draft. And that will probably be a lottery pick given their current roster. I can't imagine him still playing in 2025 so there will likely be some recapture penalties down the road.

LA going for 13th straight home playoff win.

Lucky or unlucky?

I have this sick feeling that we're going to get back-end swept. This could just be me chicken-littling, and I'd love it if the Kings proved me wrong.

The first period last night looked bad, but the Kings put themselves in that situation by giving up two power-plays to the Sharks. They really need to stop taking so many penalties.

Socreges

Banned
So the podcast is slowly transforming into a vehicle for Acid08 to release his awkward, twitch-induced angst toward the Canucks...

Acid08

Banned
So the podcast is slowly transforming into a vehicle for Acid08 to release his awkward, twitch-induced angst toward the Canucks...
Yeah, pretty awesome right?

Your incessant bitching is fun to read. Maybe get on the podcast instead of just talking about getting on :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers aren't giving any updates on injuries because, well, they never do, but Torts' way of talking about Stralman sure makes it sound like he's out for the foreseeable future. Right now he's listed as "questionable."

Has there been any buzz about Washington or Minnesota, or even Colorado? They seem like places where he could have a big impact.

I think Washington seem to be well off with Holtby unless they want him to be behind Luongo for a couple years. But even then I don't think his contract is worth Holtby being backup for a few years when he seems like a capable starter.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I think Washington seem to be well off with Holtby unless they want him to be behind Luongo for a couple years. But even then I don't think his contract is worth Holtby being backup for a few years when he seems like a capable starter.

I don't think there's anyway we could be under the cap with Luongo unless we traded 2 guys on big contracts away.

Acid08

Banned
Has there been any buzz about Washington or Minnesota, or even Colorado? They seem like places where he could have a big impact.
Don't think Minny could take on that contract and Holtby is doing great for the Caps. Really seems like the Isles are his best possible destination.

Top Bottom