• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

Quick

Banned
It's interesting the hoops people are jumping through to believe that Crosby was just trying to get back up, and/or that Subban deserves it.

giphy.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's interesting the hoops people are jumping through to believe that Crosby was just trying to get back up, and/or that Subban deserves it.

giphy.gif

What if I told you Subban said some words to his opponents in previous games, doesn't that piss you off?

Okay now what if I told you he shot the puck into the opponents net during warmups(I can't confirm if anyone was in harm's way during the shot). Don't you think he got off a little easy considering he can still walk?

Alucard

Banned

giphy.f

I don't think many people here are saying that Subban deserved it. Those types of comments are reserved for Facebook and YouTube comments sections. It's just not a bright argument.

Many Pens fans despise Subban, but I'm not one of them.

The "getting back up" argument is also weak.

It's just two guys beings dicks to each other in a hockey game with no malicious intent from either side.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I still haven't heard a good answer or any answer to this. Why didn't subban let go? What was he trying to accomplish?

To make sure Crosby couldn't get away.

What answer were you hoping for?

Crosby was on top of him, and if he had gotten away cleanly, it could have resulted in an odd-man rush the other way(with Subban being a defenseman caught behind the net), and it would have taken him longer to get up considering he was on the bottom.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Maybe he derived pleasure from having his head smacked into the ice multiple times.

Kind of avoiding the question there

Also it's not like Crosby ever lifted his head off the ice. It was constant downward pressure as he had no grip just a hand on the head

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
crosby-subban-business.gif

"Constant downward pressure"

We can go in circles about this all night, but honestly, out of all the hits and violent moves that happen in hockey, I find it kind of funny that people get so bent out of shape about THIS.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
We can go in circles about this all night, but honestly, out of all the hits and violent moves that happen in hockey, I find it kind of funny that people get so bent out of shape about THIS.

Bent out of shape?

I'm just having fun with the stupid ass explanations.

Alucard

Banned
The more I look at it, the stupider this whole thing seems. If it was Bryan Rust giving Subban similar treatment, most people wouldn't care.

It just looks like really bad and weak MMA with Subban hanging on trying to avoid a proper mount.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bent out of shape?

I'm just having fun with the stupid ass explanations.

Didn't mean to single you out. I'm just saying in general. I consider the Maatta cross check or the Watson charging to be far more dangerous and violent plays.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You just showed exactly what I said. What are you seeing to disagree with? And again my original question has been avoided.

The parts where Crosby lifts his hand?

I answered your question a while ago, seems like your reading comprehension is about on par with your video analysis.

How is it so hard to just admit Crosby was punching him in the head?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't mean to single you out. I'm just saying in general. I consider the Maatta cross check or the Watson charging to be far more dangerous and violent plays.

Gotcha.

I personally have no problem with them wrestling around like that, part of the game, and it's hilarious.

So is trash talking by the way, but Subban seems to generate far more hate for that than somebody committing a dangerous non-hockey play like a stick infraction.

Alucard

Banned

I answered your question a while ago, seems like your reading comprehension is about on par with your video analysis.

Subban looks pretty snug and cosy, though. Yes, Crosby punched him in the head, but it's not like he Bruce Lee one-inch-punched the guy. The force is what I'm thinking about. People using words like "bash" are overreacting. I'd probably only go so far as to say he jabbed him in the side of the head a couple of times and then rubbed his visor on the ice. *shrugs

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Subban looks pretty snug and cosy, though. Yes, Crosby punched him in the head, but it's not like he Bruce Lee one-inch-punched the guy. The force is what I'm thinking about. People using words like "bash" are overreacting. I'd probably only go so far as to say he jabbed him in the side of the head a couple of times and then rubbed his visor on the ice. *shrugs

The key part is that Crosby gave at least as much, and I'd say he gave more, than he got in that exchange.

There's no point in trying to qualify his jabs in a way that absolves him of all guilt in that situation. Lemon seems to be an expert at this.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

He's putting it all downward. Constant, no lifting. Like I'm not sure what you're seeing that says "punch" and why did subban not take his hands off? Because even he was being punched in the head does that give Crosby psychic control of subbans hands?

Alucard

Banned
The key part is that Crosby gave at least as much, and I'd say he gave more, than he got in that exchange.

There's no point in trying to qualify his jabs in a way that absolves him of all guilt in that situation. Lemon seems to be an expert at this.

Not absolving him of guilt. He was guilty and the right penalty call was made. Like I said, it's just two guys being dicks to each other in a hockey game with no real malice behind their actions...just acting like pests.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's putting it all downward. Constant, no lifting. Like I'm not sure what you're seeing that says "punch" and why did subban not take his hands off? Because even he was being punched in the head does that give Crosby psychic control of subbans hands?

🤔

Alucard

Banned

Stop, man. You're making us look worse than this board already thinks we are. :-( Let's just shut up and wait for game six on Sunday.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not absolving him of guilt. He was guilty and the right penalty call was made. Like I said, it's just two guys being dicks to each other in a hockey game with no real malice behind their actions...just acting like pests.

That part wasn't directed at you.

I've only been keeping this conversation up because I was curious to see how many different ways lemon could spin it, but it's run its course, and he's just trolling at King Broly levels now.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
That part wasn't directed at you.

I've only been keeping this conversation up because I was curious to see how many different ways lemon could spin it, but it's run its course, and he's just trolling at King Broly levels now.

Well agree to disagree I guess. I honestly just asked questions which were never answered by anybody trashing Crosby. Not sure how I'm trolling I'm keeping it about the players and the play not calling what you say spin or really any insults towards you. Because I have nothing to say about you but positives 👍

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Oh well I just hope Pittsburgh clinches this on Sunday so I'm not worrying about game 7 when trying to enjoy the Sony conference in theaters

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well agree to disagree I guess. I honestly just asked questions which were never answered by anybody trashing Crosby. Not sure how I'm trolling I'm keeping it about the players and the play not calling what you say spin or really any insults towards you. Because I have nothing to say about you but positives 👍

I answered your question though, right after you asked it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Subban has been a complete cunt this entire series, including tossing a puck into the Penguins' net after warm ups were done tonight.

Sid fucking whacking his shitty fucking head off the ice repeatedly was a beautiful thing

Fuck Subban.

Not gonna deny Crosby should get the extra two minutes there. Subban got two because when he got up he cross-checked Crosby.

But no fucking doubt Crosby was banging that prick's head off the ice for being a disrespectful asshat throughout this series. Subban has been running his mouth and pulling some shit, and that was payback.

If this is what you guys mean when you say the refs are on our side I feel perfectly fine denying that. What was preventing subban from letting go? Please inform me? What purpose did he have for having BOTH hands clenched around Crosbys leg? Also punching is quite the exaggeration. He was clearly trying to prop himself up on subban as he would have fallen face first into the ice himself if he hadn't put his hands down. But no let's say he's "punching him"

I don't think many people here are saying that Subban deserved it. Those types of comments are reserved for Facebook and YouTube comments sections. It's just not a bright argument.

Many Pens fans despise Subban, but I'm not one of them.

The "getting back up" argument is also weak.

It's just two guys beings dicks to each other in a hockey game with no malicious intent from either side.

mhmm

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I answered your question though, right after you asked it.

Oh so you did. Sorry lost that in the shuffle as I was responding to the post before yours when you did. Then we got on the pressure argument and I never bothered going back my bad.

I agree with both penalties on the ice in part because of what you said I agree with

It's unfortunate that one of my favorite teams best games of the season (probably the best considering the opponent) is being talked about everywhere but here

I'd give the pens a 60% chance to win the series and the preds a 75% chance in game 6

PillarEN

I think we successfully kicked someone out of the thread?
69c0b62308243947c2ac885e1cd3d853.png

And we were doing so well up to this point

EDIT: In case it wasn't posted Scissons is playing game 6.

Foggy

It simply begs the question, why didn't Subban let go? Until that is addressed there is just simply nothing to discuss.

Foggy

in terms of Pens-fans on gaf, that's what, 50%? I'd consider that "many"

It's just ShadowSoldier and that's it really. The rest will vanish like thieves in the night. I'm optimistic that Fate will stick around though, Soc's sanity be damned.

Top Bottom