• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL13 EASHL - Natural Born Penalty Killers |OT2| Cheese, Chimps and Championships

Revenant

7317590138_c0ce8545c3_z.jpg

m1C1E.gif

Delryk

Good looking out on the advice

yep. When I play on xbox, I put it in Gaming mode and turn off pretty much everything.. (Cell light maxed out and stuff).. so be sure to play with that at the store. Plasmas *are* the best TVs.. but there's a higher chance of getting a lemon unfortunately.

My 55" LED was moved at the cottage because I thought its whites were too bright for me. So white that it actually makes you close your eyes even for a Bell/FutureShop commercial that has white backgrounds with their logo. I have to point out that I like to watch the tv in total darkness except for little led sticks (like in theatres) on my walls.. lol Which is why i researched a shitload on TVs for a couple of months to look for the best tv for me...

Here's what most plasmas do because of Cell Light restriction: (this is an extreme example because my tv seemed to have a bad cell light lock by the manufacturer)
WhiteIsGrey.png

WithMenuItsWhite.png

I only had to call up the TV menu and the whites would get what it SHOULD be. Called tech support and they couldn't really figure it out. so when on a few forums (AVS forum is the best for TVs) and they basically told me to get a replacement tv so I did and it turned out it was pretty much it.

It's the most common problem with Plasma TVs and most normal buyers don't see it because they don't watch/play hockey. the movie mode/3d aspects were still amazing and even a light green football field you won't see a difference.. :)

LED and Plasmas all comes down to what you like best. Brightness (LED) or really dark blacks (Plasma). Watching a movie at the cottage on my old LED (it's a year old) and on my new plasma (about 3 months old), hands down my 65" plasma in total darkness. :) Its bigger and still brings better quality on the same movie.

Thanks for the write up old man

Gonna keep researching I guess. I mostly play games on the TV, occasionally watch TV (mostly sports) and Blu rays and I'm trying to get the best TV I can for under 1300 for my new apt that I'm moving into next month. I figure I might be able to catch a break on the price with the deals they rollout prior to the Super Bowl

RS4-

When you see a good price check out what peeps say on AVS.. ;-)

AVS is the kind of place, where, the more you read, the more you don't want a tv because of all the nitpicking that goes on.

And if there are some games to be had today, I shall get on.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
AVS is the kind of place, where, the more you read, the more you don't want a tv because of all the nitpicking that goes on.

And if there are some games to be had today, I shall get on.

That's what I find too. It is not bad place for stuff like colour calibration for your TV though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2 hours da faq? You drinking away the misery of a 6-3 loss?

All our teams lost except for Delryks, god damn it.

Red_Man

GG's, Dok you don't look out of place at all seeing as you haven't played all year :lol, great stuff tonight.

RS4-

GGs last night. Sorry about that last game, I have no idea where I am when I'm off screen. I hate when I'm not around the blue line when the other team is attacking. Either I'm too deep in our end or I end up chasing them, which happened on the OT goal.

Last year was all about crushing people, now it's just positioning lol.

GGs last night. Sorry about that last game, I have no idea where I am when I'm off screen. I hate when I'm not around the blue line when the other team is attacking. Either I'm too deep in our end or I end up chasing them, which happened on the OT goal.

Last year was all about crushing people, now it's just positioning lol.

No problem, you've been consistently good since you comeback. The only things that have gotten you on defense are creative moves on the rush that you will learn how to recognize and defend with experience.

You probably know this but the BACK button will lock/unlock the camera on your guy/the puck so you can track yourself behind the play.

Your right, positioning is important but you can still crush people, but it seems to me to be more positional. You also need to have your stats set a certain way. Strength doesn't seem to matter as much as the Body Checking attribute when it comes to hitting.

Red_Man

More GG's, we can't really be stopped at this point, seems like we've hit a general ceiling in terms of top play. We can keep climbing up into the top 100 and top 50 but that just takes time, our play is consistently top notch more or less. Good job everybody.

More GG's, we can't really be stopped at this point, seems like we've hit a general ceiling in terms of top play. We can keep climbing up into the top 100 and top 50 but that just takes time, our play is consistently top notch more or less. Good job everybody.

ggs Dok, Legit, Rev, Aces, Moop and Schuey

not quite sure what you are saying in bold above, Legit?

I don't think as individuals or a club we have hit any ceiling yet. IMO there is significant individual improvement that every single one of us can still work on, and our "system" could be improved and built on as well.

Right now, we just kind of go out there skate around without any plans and our talent, chemistry, solid defense and/or great individual efforts win us most of the games we play. If we even had 1 or 2 set plays for the offensive zone/powerplay that we could execute to augment our normal stuff we could be truly deadly.

It all comes down to how much effort you guys want to put in to take your own play and the club's to the next level. I'm fine with just staying the course and improvement coming gradually, but also interested in what we could be if people were more receptive to criticism and we actually discussed tactics a little...

Red_Man

I was more or less referring to what you've said in that we've been able to be a top 100ish club without any real systems in place, and people just going out and free running it. I'm up for attempting a more systematic style of play, with set ups and specific responsibilities, I just wasn't sure people would be prepared for that. We have the talent that if we did, we could consistently be a top 50 and above club. I'd prefer to try and improve more quickly seeing as we're capable of it, but it depends on what others want. Either way we're winning, so I'm happy.

Revenant

Looks like we'll have to implement a team wide pregame requirement of at least 3 bong rips.

Rev keys to success

1. 3 bong rips
2. play on an inconsistent basis
3. talk to your teammates about everything unrelated to the game you're currently playing.
4. Fuck Milly.
5. game film.

Red_Man

Since hockey is back, I feel the need to play more. I'll try and hop on tomorrow.
If you're going to play again you need to do 1 of 2 things, either you :

1. Do the left-right move on every shot

Or

2. Miss sauce passes all the time

Your choice.

It's a joke don't freak out moop, you were laying the sauce like a boss all night

We have a giant void of country roster players for you fill anyways.

moop1167

If you're going to play again you need to do 1 of 2 things, either you :

1. Do the left-right move on every shot

Or

2. Miss sauce passes all the time

Your choice.

It's a joke don't freak out moop, you were laying the sauce like a boss all night

We have a giant void of country roster players for you fill anyways.

imfreakinout.gif

Top Bottom