• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

pulga

Banned
From what we've seen on their YouTube channel it looks to be Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem DLC, and Lego City Stories for 3DS. There will probably be more but I don't think it's worth waking up early for.

Goddammit Iwata. Thanks. Might still wake up, I like watching the beautiful bastard.

Delio

From what we've seen on their YouTube channel it looks to be Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem DLC, and Lego City Stories for 3DS. There will probably be more but I don't think it's worth waking up early for.

Well out of that Im excited for a Animal crossing release date. That's all I care about out of the list.

RM8

Lego games aren't terrible. Just very unremarkable and not worth buying in my opinion. It's just that these Lego City games seem a bit more ambitious, so I'm wondering if they'll manage to elevate from "regular Lego game".

MarkusRJR

I don't think so. I wouldn't consider getting that one though. Just doesn't seem like a good fit.
Oh I thought he was talking about the 3DS version (as this is a 3DS oriented thread) so I was all confused. I thought I missed some screenshots of something, haha. :p

Is the Lego 3DS game completely different from the Wii U one?
It's a prequel iirc (or it might be a spin-off, can't remember). It's a completely different game due to the fact the 3DS obviously can't handle a scaled back Wii U game.

Roo

Lego games aren't terrible. Just very unremarkable and not worth buying in my opinion. It's just that these Lego City games seem a bit more ambitious, so I'm wondering if they'll manage to elevate from "regular Lego game".

they're a guilty pleasure for some of us :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Given the NA Direct is going to talk about LM2, but there was no video about it, I think we can still expect some surprises ( aka localisations + one new annoncement) for today. Reasonably hyped.

RM8

I'll be watching the Japanese one, as potentially painful as it might be. I simply don't enjoy Reggie, I'd rather read about it afterwards.

Looking at the "leaked" YouTube videos I saw Reggie, so I thought it'd be like the 3DS XL reveal which was Iwata-free.

By the way, Europe people, is your very own Satoru any entertaining? Have no idea about him.
Reggie does host them occasionally but it's mostly Iwata.

Now that you mention it I do remember he hosted the one in December, which just showed off some of the launch window games (Wario, Pikmin, W101, Wii Fit U).

As long as we don't have to suffer through another presentation by this guy or anymore of their forced memes...

img_5924.jpg

@MUWANdo

Banned
I expect them to announce the 3DS digital/physical save transfer tool--it was announced in Japan a week or so ago, so they'll probably mention it tonight.

Putting so many hours into my 3DS the past week because of fire emblem and resisting the urge to buy an XL at the same time, has put me in the perfect head space to want a 3DS focused direct. If we get at least one thing that's new, I will be happy. New colors of xl's means my will will be shattered. God bless credit.

Hermii

Looking at the "leaked" YouTube videos I saw Reggie, so I thought it'd be like the 3DS XL reveal which was Iwata-free.

By the way, Europe people, is your very own Satoru any entertaining? Have no idea about him.

Well he is better than Reggie. I leave it at that.

Zenaku

I expect them to announce the 3DS digital/physical save transfer tool--it was announced in Japan a week or so ago, so they'll probably mention it tonight.

They did? Didn't know.

On the subject of save transfer though, I was wondering just the other day, how will a digital Pokemon XY handle saves? They'd have to have the game save to the internal memory and not the SD card, surely, or people could just back the save up.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So, basically we are getting

Fire Emblem updates (DLC for US and maybe launch trailer for EU)
Animal Crossing date for US and EU
Luigi's mansion launch trailer for US and EU
Lego City Undercover details and dates for US and EU

I think that they could also details MH3 demo and launches and Brain Training availability through eshop

Additionally, they could confirm Harmoknight for US and EU eshop coming soon

Plus from NoA maybe they'll cite also MH3 for Wii U (crossgame) and possibly StreetView

That's all.

But, what about noJ 3DS Direct? All of these games are now "old" for the Japanese market, with the exeption of Luigi's Mansion.

@MUWANdo

Banned
But, what about noJ 3DS Direct? All of these games are now "old" for the Japanese market, with the exeption of Luigi's Mansion.

If I had to guess, they'll probably talk about Wii U Streetview, DQ7 3DS, the Fantasy Life expansion, Pokemon Scramble U and even more Animal Crossing crap.

Wishlist time:

Green Nintendo 3DS XL
Price-cut
Localizations for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (EU) and Shin Megami Tensei 4
Pokémon X&Y footage
New 3DS game by AlphaDream, Retro, Monolith, Camelot or Treasure

Top Bottom