• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

deanos

Banned
keep-calm-there-s-only-3-hours-left.png

serplux

I hope an Advance Wars game is announced, otherways i don't see myself using my 3ds anytime soon.

Not to knock against Advance Wars (one of my better-liked series), but if you're not interested in the hodgepodge of 3DS titles from Feb-Apr, I don't really know why you own a 3DS.

Bravely Default isn't any less likely than Dragon Quest but yeah, the other two are totally

Atlus: [laughs]

Well, the the last three mainline DQ remakes were released in the West which makes DQVII a lock. Can't really say the same about Bravely Default.

SMT IV is definitely coming (since we're already getting Soul Hackers), and I'm fairly sure Bravely Default will come if Square Enix wants to try it out/Nintendo goes through with their localization promises.

It's coming to the US, they've yet to announce Soul Hackers for Europe though. Ghostlight still hasn't released Devil Survivor: Overclocked. I really hope that Nintendo has made a publishing agreement with Atlus and will handle localization in Europe in the future. Atlus themselves doesn't seem to be interested in our money.

tzare

As much as I like Advance Wars, after Fire Emblem Awakening I want more Fire Emblem!

never payed attention to that game, will check a few youtube vids, gameplay seems similar so i may enjoy it :)

Not to knock against Advance Wars (one of my better-liked series), but if you're not interested in the hodgepodge of 3DS titles from Feb-Apr, I don't really know why you own a 3DS.

it is basically a MarioKart machine for me, like the original DS (that is unless they turn the portable series into something like home consoles MK, then i will just pass and save money), but Advance wars and, IGA's Castlevanias were welcome to give the system a little use beyond that (i only own RE revelations and MK for my 3DS). Castlevania is on the way (not sure if i will enjoy the new take on the series), so i miss AW a lot. Another Metroid (2d, like GBA's or snes ones) would also be awesome, but i doubt i will see any more of those games in my life.

Naar

Cool guys thanks for the confirmation :)

Yes but your original 3DS'data will be wiped.

Oh well that's no problem as I plan to use the XL as my only 3DS. But thanks for the heads up either way! :)

BTW is it wireless transfer? Like 3DS > XL or do I have to connect both to WiFi?

oh god, I wasn't gonna do this because I didn't know it was happening but I ended up having to buy a monster so I could drive home okay and now I can't sleep.

Oh well, even if i wasn't jacked on energy bullshit I'd stay up anyway, you Nintendo hard or you don't at all, and I haven't missed a single one of these motherfuckers since they've started doing them, even the JP exclusive ones.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Cool guys thanks for the confirmation :)

Oh well that's no problem as I plan to use the XL as my only 3DS. But thanks for the heads up either way! :)

BTW is it wireless transfer? Like 3DS > XL or do I have to connect both to WiFi?

I believe they do need to connect to wi-fi (if memory serves)

But BACK UP YOUR SD CARD CONTENT BEFORE YOU START ANYTHING. It's a known problem that eshop downloads etc. can be wiped when doing the transfer. You still have the license to download these titles, so it's not like you just got robbed or anything, but all your save data in these games will be gone.

LayLa

Amazon UK says 1 March, Ghostlight's site doesn't mention a thing.

Of course, Nintendo could just announce that they're removing region-locks per update. *grumble*

Ghostlight said on twitter the other day "No official release date yet. But we're expecting to be able to announce one soon." and the preorder prices for both DS and DS2 just dropped quite a lot on Amazon, oh and the latest ONM is supposed to have a review of Overclocked - i'm expecting it to be mentioned on ND today

Zenaku

I'm expecting info on the upcoming SRW UX on the JP Direct, with the main characters having been announced yesterday and the game only a month from release. The Devil Survivor talk up above makes me long for a DS2:O announcement, but it'd probably be closer to the anime release.

wrowa

Amazon UK says 1 March, Ghostlight's site doesn't mention a thing.

Hey, that's progress! Last week Amazon UK didn't mention any date whatsoever on DS:O's product page.

Now I'm getting the feeling that they'll announce the March 1st as the official date in today's Direct and Amazon simply jumped the gun. :)

Well, the the last three mainline DQ remakes were released in the West which makes DQVII a lock. Can't really say the same about Bravely Default.

Given that Bravely Default is a 4 Heroes of Light sequel in all but name, and that 4HoL was localised, you sorta can ;) Meanwhile lower sales of DQ6DS mean DQ73DS is anything but a lock.

wrowa

Well, the the last three mainline DQ remakes were released in the West which makes DQVII a lock.

I think DQIV was the only remake that performed somewhat solid in the west. DQV sold so bad that SE wasn't interested in bringing DQVI over until Nintendo stepped in and even with Nintendo behind it, DQVI still sold horribly.

If you also take into account that DQVII has a very long script, things aren't looking as likely anymore.

My guess for the Wii U stuff is release dates of games we already know of and eShop stuff.

Big 3DS news... I'd say new Zelda but I'm sure they'd save that for E3. Maybe a little teaser or something.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Is this going to be focused on handhelds or can I expect some huge Iwata bombs up my fanny?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Although the EU one is 3DS only, I'm hoping they take a minute or so to explain what's happening with Scribblenauts Unlimited.

Ghostlight said on twitter the other day "No official release date yet. But we're expecting to be able to announce one soon." and the preorder prices for both DS and DS2 just dropped quite a lot on Amazon, oh and the latest ONM is supposed to have a review of Overclocked - i'm expecting it to be mentioned on ND today

Hey, that's progress! Last week Amazon UK didn't mention any date whatsoever on DS:O's product page.

Now I'm getting the feeling that they'll announce the March 1st as the official date in today's Direct and Amazon simply jumped the gun. :)

Overclocked appearing on ND seems to be a good bet. I wonder if Soul Hackers and SMT4 localizations are in the cards as well. Fingers crossed nevertheless.

Given that Bravely Default is a 4 Heroes of Light sequel in all but name, and that 4HoL was localised, you sorta can ;) Meanwhile lower sales of DQ6DS mean DQ73DS is anything but a lock.

I think DQIV was the only remake that performed somewhat solid in the west. DQV sold so bad that SE wasn't interested in bringing DQVI over until Nintendo stepped in and even with Nintendo behind it, DQVI still sold horribly.

If you also take into account that DQVII has a very long script, things aren't looking as likely anymore.

Bummer, I wasn't aware of DQVI's performance. I still hope Nintendo and SE try to push the franchise on 3DS and Wii U though.

For EU, i'm just hoping for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing release dates. That's all I want.

And if they really want to make me happy, something about Etrian Odyssey/SMT/ Bravely Default/ Dragon Quest thrown in as well :)

Splint

lol Nintendo trying to counter with mini-missles direct while the hype for Playstation arises this week. Interesting. Will we see an Xbox <3 boat?

wrowa

lol Nintendo trying to counter with mini-missles direct while the hype for Playstation arises this week. Interesting. Will we see an Xbox <3 boat?

I very much doubt that this is in any way a response to Sony, otherwise today's Directs wouldn't be focused on 3DS.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I very much doubt there will be 'new' games. We will see Lego City, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Wario, Castlevania 3DS and probably something about Fire Emblem DLC.

Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening Yurop Edition

I don't know how reliable this is since NoE's site doesn't mention a date but I went to a local (Swiss) gamestore yesterday to ask about it. I've known the guy who works there for a while and he told me that their database has a 16. April release.

Persona86

Banned
For EU, i'm just hoping for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing release dates. That's all I want.

And if they really want to make me happy, something about Etrian Odyssey/SMT/ Bravely Default/ Dragon Quest thrown in as well :)
Imagine if Nintendo help publish SMTIV, that would be great because Europe usually waits forever for Atlus games.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Nintendo have been doing Directs for over a year now, I don't think they are trying to counter anything at all. It's not their job to worry about whatever Sony announces but to promote their own systems/software as they have done in Directs.

So, apparently there's going to be an MA (Australia) game shown in the Direct. MA is restricted to 15+ year olds. The classification says 'Strong Fantasy Violence'.

Which game?

Protocol7

Soooo I want...

Bravely Default translated in english.
An exclusive announcement saying that Bravely Default 2 will be a worldwide release... what?!... don't you dare say anything...! /cough where was I...
DQVII
Earthbound Collection in english
Another exclusive... don't look at me like that... annoucement of a new Earthbound episode... worldwide... /stare! ... worldwide release!

That's all I want right now...

Chopper

You are me. Keeping my expectations realistic here.

Top Bottom