• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

Neiteio

Eh, I'm going to temper my expectations so I'm not surprised if all they do is announce a release date for Animal Crossing and provide new details on Wii Fit U and Game & Wario. Although with Rayman's delay sucking all wind out of the WiiU's sales this month and casting a shadow over its future prospects, it'd be nice to see them really go all-out trying to boost hype with perhaps another look at the projects teased last time (X, Wind Waker HD, etc).

Oh, speaking of X, it'd be nice to see more on Monolith Soft's 3DS project. (The RPG, not Project X Zone.)

Pikma

Banned
I bet you said the same thing about the last hype train. Am I right? :p

Nay, I was extremely hyped for the last two, and they even surpassed my expectations!

It's just that I'm not sure NoA/NoE can deliver bombs by themselves and even if there's a NCL one, you can only drop so many bombs, delivering three months in a row? Don't think so, sadly. :(

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
It's extremely entertaining watching the next generation console wars heat up. Part of me thinks that this Nintendo Direct won't be dropping the megatons. Part of me thinks there may be one or two bombs dropped given that Nintendo's in such a cornered and tough position at the moment. One thing that's interesting to note is that I believe this Nintendo Direct was initially planned to be only focused on the 3DS. Iwata announced this in the last Direct as far as I recall. Then suddenly it was changed to "also featuring news on the Wii U" which I believe is a more recent development. It will be interesting to watch; like last time.

I'll be there refreshing the page at 2PM (GMT) again. No work tomorrow. Bring it Nintendo.

holobyte

Neo Member
1. PICROSS FOR THE GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING UNITED STATES OF FUCKING AMERICA eSHOP!!!!!!
2. Dragon Quest 7 US release.
3. Animal Crossing US date (if not announced already)
4. GBA Virtual Console games on 3DS

Agreed. I think you are right on the money, especially about a US release for PICROSS.

Nintendo needs to better their conversion process. I have been wondering why it has taken Nintendo so long to get GBA games on the 3DS VC, Hell, why is the VC conversion process for supported system platforms so slow period!

Linkhero1

Nay, I was extremely hyped for the last two, and they even surpassed my expectations!

It's just that I'm not sure NoA/NoE can deliver bombs by themselves and even if there's a NCL one, you can only drop so many bombs, delivering three months in a row? Don't think so, sadly. :(

You're probably right about this one. Considering NCL isn't having a ND (as far as we know), I'm assuming it's just localization and release dates of games that are already out or have release dates in Japan. All I hope for is a Limited Edition 3DS XL.

v1oz

I sure hope all these presentations don't eat into the time they should be spending fixing the Wii U online services and making games. There's a lot of things that need to be fixed.

You're probably right about this one. Considering NCL isn't having a ND (as far as we know), I'm assuming it's just localization and release dates of games that are already out or have release dates in Japan. All I hope for is a Limited Edition 3DS XL.

Really looking forward to the inevitable 3DS localization announcements. I'd love to see DQ7 and Bravely Default come over.

Cbajd5

If there's no Japanese ND, there will be no new 1st-party / Nintendo-published game announcements.

I repeat, no Japanese ND = no new announced games from Nintendo.

What if they announce something that wouldn't be released in Japan? Like Elite Beat Agents?

I WANT MORE ELITE BEAT AGENTS ALREADY NINTENDO

NFreak

Yup no way this'll get even close to topping the last direct. Whenever there are directs in anything but all 3 regions then I lower my expectations. Hoping for some release dates and maybe a localization.

Bullza2o

If they make Nintendo Directs every month, that means there are 3 more before E3. I wonder what Nintendo will do to keep their E3 conference filled with surprises.

Yonafunu

I'm thinking it'll basically be just release dates. That would be the only reason to also include WiiU games, it's not like they're going to announce new ones.

Pikma

Banned

I was actually thinking about this earlier this morning, we kinda know the Pikachu XL is coming, but I bet they'll keep that one for X/Y, maybe the Animal Crossing one? I'll triple dip if that's the case. :p

If there's no Japanese ND, there will be no new 1st-party / Nintendo-published game announcements.

I repeat, no Japanese ND = no new announced games from Nintendo.
Not that I consider it likely, but I could imagine the Japanese branch not giving a shit about making special announcements for a Monster Games racer or a Punch-Out!!

Midou

DQ7 and Bravely Default seem like obvious choices hopefully. If I could only have one, Bravely Default, because some version of DQ7 is playable right now in english. :p

Linkhero1

I was actually thinking about this earlier this morning, we kinda know the Pikachu XL is coming, but I bet they'll keep that one for X/Y, maybe the Animal Crossing one? I'll triple dip if that's the case. :p

Likewise. I already got the Fire Emblem bundle, which I don't want to open. It's too precious to open. I don't even have a 3DS to play with so I should probably go get a regular 3DS XL before they announce those Limited ones.

What? when did they say that?

iirc Iwata said that sometime during or after the last Nintendo Direct.

Good to see another ND so soon. They really needed this one to counter that super exciting announcement of that Vita remake of that European frog platformer.

Anyway, I plan on keeping my expectations low, especially on the Wii U front. We just got a bunch of announcements a couple weeks ago, so I'd be shocked if they unveil a ton of exciting new stuff.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm 99% sure a Japanese one will be announced shortly. It's the middle of the night- give it a few hours.

PopeReal

Animal Crossing release date for 3DS. Also announce new game for Wii U. Just asking, Nintendo!

And my standard F-Zero U request which will go ignored. Carry on Nintendo.

Third party titles in the works?

I hope I eat crow on this, but come on. Still, that could be why the NoA direct has Wii U games listed but the NoE one doesn't. NoA could be showing off a cavalcade of third party ports from Western studios. That's not very exciting, though.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just date Animal Crossing and I'm pretty much going to be really happy.
Announce Bravely Default and I'll die.

Linkhero1

Since Monster Games is located in NA, do you guys think that they'll show off their possible Wii U title in the NoA ND as well as Retro's game? I sure hope so

conan_head_spin1i7ts.gif

Negator

So this is the official thread now? Cheesetastic

Other stuff is cool and all, but Bravely Default localization is the big one for me.

Come on Reggie, announce Persona 5 for Wii U. You know you want to.

I know that won't happen either.

I want to be excited, especially after the last Nintendo Direct, but at the same time I don't want to go too crazy with expectations. So I'll just keep them low and hope for and hope for an Animal Crossing 3DS release date, anything more that's announced will make me happy.

zroid

Banned
Since Monster Games is located in NA, do you guys think that they'll show off their possible Wii U title in the NoA ND as well as Retro's game? I sure hope so

no, I don't think they'll be announcing any new Wii U games until E3

If MG is doing something for 3DS, then maybe

fates

I wonder if they'll say something about the Fire Emblem Awakening shipping ordeal that still seems to be ongoing.

the uk direct is just 3ds games

while the usa is 3ds and wii u

strange ?

Third-party game showcase is one possible answer.

NST-developed, America-focused game is another.

NoA taking a moment to let Ubisoft know how disappointed they are about Rayman Legends in a glorious show of relational aggression would be funny.

Top Bottom