• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minions

what if they just want to play it

Just wondering. All the people that I asked if they were buying one told me they planned to flip them since they are in high demand. Only a couple said they wanted to buy it to play or gift for Christmas. The other half tell me they will buy them from garage sales in a year.

I ask what they expect to get for them and they tell me $100-150 or something which seems insane to me.

Cornbread78

Just wondering. All the people that I asked if they were buying one told me they planned to flip them since they are in high demand. Only a couple said they wanted to buy it to play or gift for Christmas. The other half tell me they will buy them from garage sales in a year.

I ask what they expect to get for them and they tell me $100-150 or something which seems insane to me.

Yup, sounds about what was said here.

Justinh

Man, I really wanted one of these. After seeing this mess still happens with Nintendo launches, I think I'm just going to get a RetroUSB instead. I'm really not in the right mode to be waiting forever in line.

Jetku

People are crazy.... waiting in line for hours for a $60 Nes? What do people think they are gonna be able to flip these for?

I'm at Walmart waiting in line (granted only 30 mins) and plan to give it as a Christmas gift.

If it's easy to find later, oh well!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Waiting in line inside the store is not so bad, it's well lit and the heater's on.

Edit: 5 people in line, not so lonely anymore :D

Crimefighter

Neo Member
Just got back from my local walmart, they only had 4.

I was lucky enough to get in for the target preorder a couple months back but a coworker wanted one for her kids so I tried get lucky to snag one for her.... oh well.

alf717

My local Wally has em all gone. Everyone already lined up to take em all. I'm gonna try Amazon tomorrow.

LOL other Wally wont pick up the phone.

Agggh. All the reports of people in lines are driving me crazy! I'm stuck at work til 11, but I'd already be in the store if I could. Target is my morning backup and Amazon is my last resort.

Chucker

Agggh. All the reports of people in lines are driving me crazy! I'm stuck at work til 11, but I'd already be in the store if I could. Target is my morning backup and Amazon is my last resort.
There is a Best Buy near my office if my trip falls through. Bummer of a drive to get out here tonight, my own fault if it doesn't happen though.

alf717

Man this reminds me of the Wii rush back in 2006. I feel bad for anyone in line right now. If you are legit and doing this to own one then best of luck to you.

Evenflow

I'm seeing sold prices on ebay between $170-190 for pre orders

I don't even really need this and the hype has me thinking about going out into the cold to stand in line... Nintendo, you wily sons of guns.

Aeana

Playing FF3 in my Famicom Mini. I have no hope of getting the NES one any time soon, but I'm happy for now.

Cw8bbNMUUAA1guL.jpg:large

Cw9KsE-VQAAl1hx.jpg:large

I'm getting too old for this camping out shit! lol

I was gonna try to get one tomorrow, but I have to take my daughter to school at 9 and have to be to work at 10 am.

At this point I just want the controllers. IMHO a wii is a better option with many more games. Only plus side I mainly see is the hdmi connection.

Happened to be in Target tonight so I asked the guy in electronics about it. He said he has taken easily 200 calls/questions about it today.

They have 12 units.

He said they will hand out tickets and he expects people to line up overnight. I guess this isnt going to be worth the effort to get.

Bah, what state are you in? Or country

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Question for both NES Classic and Famicom Mini: do you NEED the AC adapter to power it? Can I plug it into my desktop computer (via USB)? Is it really that simple?

Wait, I haven't been following this thread much recently.

So, people across the country are camping out for this?!?

Nintendo, what have you done!

Guess this really may end up as the hot holiday item.

Aeana

Where can I buy a famicom mini in the US besides eBay? Don't really want to pay double resale for it :/

Since you missed the opportunity for Amazon Japan (they no longer ship it internationally), I think Play-Asia may be the only other option, although they say they're out of stock for the next couple of days.

Formosa

Since you missed the opportunity for Amazon Japan (they no longer ship it internationally), I think Play-Asia may be the only other option, although they say they're out of stock for the next couple of days.
Thank!! I'll check out play asia

Tiktaalik

It is surreal to me to see Nintendo handling the launch of this product in this way. This thing should be everywhere and the go to, impulse buy gift for this holiday season. I certainly hope they ramp up production because if this thing is going to be hard to find this Christmas they're leaving so much money on the table.

clem84

Gold Member
Geez that was fast. Gamestop.ca had them at midnight. The page said "add to cart". I did and then it asked me for my info. When I clicked Next it froze... for a good 8-9 minutes, probably website being hammered, and when it came back, the website said out of stock. :(

I'm NOT driving around tomorrow to find this thing. I have a feeling it's going to be chaos trying to get one when stores open.

It is surreal to me to see Nintendo handling the launch of this product in this way. This thing should be everywhere and the go to, impulse buy gift for this holiday season. I certainly hope they ramp up production because if this thing is going to be hard to find this Christmas they're leaving so much money on the table.

Hopefully they have a massive shipment ready for Black Friday and beyond....but I kind of doubt it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom