• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my local Wal-Mart tonight to grab one. My store had 12 in stock, there were 9 people in line.

NES.jpg~original

The Wal-Mart 10 minutes away had the same number of stock, double the people in line. If you're going out to find one tomorrow, good luck and god speed.

An old lady came up to us in line and asked a question...

Old lady: "What's everyone waiting for?"

Me: (loudly) "The next election"

No one laughed. I live in Tennessee.

Makes the wait even more awkward now, lol....oh, well.

bumpkin

An old lady came up to us in line and asked a question...

Old lady: "What's everyone waiting for?"

Me: (loudly) "The next election"

No one laughed. I live in Tennessee.

Makes the wait even more awkward now, lol....oh, well.
FWIW, I lol'ed.

The tracking on my Target website order says mine should be here on Saturday. I'm bummed that I won't be able to hit any stores in the morning to try and seek out an extra controller though. My car's in the shop and my wife's taking her car to work before anything opens.

LowSignal

It is surreal to me to see Nintendo handling the launch of this product in this way. This thing should be everywhere and the go to, impulse buy gift for this holiday season. I certainly hope they ramp up production because if this thing is going to be hard to find this Christmas they're leaving so much money on the table.

They build demand, people want what they cant have. The math must add up if they keep doing it time after time.

trugs26

I "pre-ordered" mine a few months ago. It was available as a reward on a loyalty programme. It's apparently coming in the next 5 days :)

trugs26

Fuck off Nintendo creating artificial demand. Lines everywhere tonight with barely any stock.

Can't really blame them. This is a business strategy that works. If anything, I'd say "fuck offf" to society for acting this way.

EDIT: Actually, I take back my last sentence.

Today’s my birthday, and I was really hoping I could get myself one ever since they said 11/11 was the date.

I don’t have a car so I couldn’t go stand in line all night.
I keep checking online, but the stores that said it be available today still say not available.

Starting to think I won’t get one for a while :(

rec0ded1

Glad I played all of these games in their hayday and can just relive the memories. Fuck Nintendo I'm not camping out for this.

Switch on the other hand...

RedRumy3

Today’s my birthday, and I was really hoping I could get myself one.

I don’t have a car so I couldn’t go stand in line all night.
I keep checking online, but the stores that said it be available today still say not available.

Starting to think I won’t get one for a while :(

Happy Birthday. You can try for amazon at 2pm pst

Sure enough, walked in and had 6 people sitting for the 6 available units, basically waving anyone they thought might be interested away. Ah well. Dissapointing but expected.

My city got 9 of these split across different stores. This is crazy. Being irritated because I can't buy your product isn't how to make money.

I did it for amiibo but I wasn't a parent then, now I don't have time to dedicate my life to hunting one of these things down. Hoping for amazon but that's it.

mantis23

Ended up swinging by a couple of Meijer stores (24 hour midwest chain) They recieved 3 each, all claimed.

Stopped in one 24 hour Walmart, they had 12, all claimed. Tried one last 24 hour Walmart on my way home, they had 18 and I was #18. I waited 40 minutes until midnight and 30-40 people came in looking for one.

This thing is pretty popular. good luck to everyone hunting tomorrow.

Why is this limited? This is literally one of their flagship products for this holiday. What the fuck is Nintendo doing?

You ever heard of the Wii?

They're doing EXACTLY the same thing selling it and making it the THE console to get this season. There'll be more in stock down the line but for now, it'll be hard to track down.

No way they're making it limited.

Well that trip was a waste of time. Went to Walmart and saw a group of people by the games case and asked if they were waiting for the NES. They said yes. I then asked if they had numbers. They said no. Then some customer came by and said "If y'all are trying to get the NES they already sold out. 2 guys in customer service bought all 4 of them."

Went to customer service to confirm and yes they only received 4 units, and 2 guys walked out with them. I may check out Gamestop in the morning before they open just to see if there's a line. If more than 5 people are waiting outside I'm not going to bother

The "add to cart" button isn't working for me

Shadoron

Just got the system through best buy. The separate controller was already sold out, it seems. Let me add to cart, but then removed it when I tried to confirm.

Jerm411

Grabbed one from Wal-Mart...they had 6, one guy in line in front of me and my friend. Wasn't able to grab a second controller though.

There was a flood of people that came in after us...bolted as soon as I got mine, didn't want to watch the inevitable chaos after.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Got one off Bestbuy.com

Nice, free delivery for Tuesday.

I managed to grab one from my local walmart, think they had...12? Something like that. Anyway, I'm sorry if I skipped over it or missed it but any chance there's extension cables out there I can buy? The tiny cable is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom