• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Though many in here are excited and will buy one, the real target for this is moms/other relatives who usually maybe don't know what to get their young adult kids. Only some fraction of posters in this thread are going to go out and buy one, but I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of posters in this thread will end up owning one come Christmas time whether they're excited for it or not. That's Nintendo's play here, in my opinion.

In other words, you may be posting in this thread that you don't care, but your mom or some other relative is probably already planning to get it for you.

Bingo. This is not targeted for the hardcore VC/retro-collector hardcore know-it-all enthusiast. This is for EVERYONE ELSE.

Piccoro

Wow it's tiny!

nes-classic.jpg

I would really love to see the back of that box. Besides the HDMI port and the USB? charger port, I wonder if there will be some sort of expansion port
to hopefully add more games through it

Rich!

Original Game Boy that's 100% identical to the original with sharper screen and back light and 30 built-in games. Yes, please.

Yes, I'm aware you can perform this mod yourself easily and get an everdrive for it, but it would still be neat!

Just on the modding side of things, you can actually buy an adapter to put a GBA SP screen into an original gameboy.

13254656_974194006027386_9046458080826342716_o.jpg

13301328_974158926030894_4906845599451842114_o.jpg

Its pretty cool. I think it's out now, if not then imminent.

Grief.exe

Just on the modding side of things, you can actually buy an adapter to put a GBA SP screen into an original gameboy.

SP101? Or regular SP?

The supply of the former has really dried up.

RMI

Banned
This is really cool. I'll probably pick one up just to mess around with it or to have at my parents' house when i visit over the holidays.

Please don't destroy another of an already-dwindling supply of GBA SPs to make an old Game Boy look cooler.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
This is gonna sell more than the Wii U, lol.

Kinda tempted to buy this, although there's too few good third party games and too many meh first party games for me.

The first console I've ever owned was a Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) so I never had a NES but I played when I was little at a friend's house, but I'm talking about more than 20 years ago.

I'm intrigued by the idea, but i would prefer a SNES version as i was with Sega as a child and I would like to know what I missed as a kid.

How does official emulation compare to Retroarch with Nestopia UE on PC?

entremet

The first console I've ever owned was a Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) so I never had a NES but I played when I was little at a friend's house, but I'm talking about more than 20 years ago.

I'm intrigued by the idea, but i would prefer a SNES version as i was with Sega as a child and I would like to know what I missed as a kid.

How does official emulation compare to Retroarch with Nestopia UE on PC?

Wii emulation was amazing.

Wii U emulation was a bit spotty--mostly due to color issues, not performance.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Bingo. This is not targeted for the hardcore VC/retro-collector hardcore know-it-all enthusiast. This is for EVERYONE ELSE.

I'm gonna get one because it looks so cute, also the controller is compatible with the Wiimote, so you can use it for your VC games :D

Yeah, I think it's going to be a great success because "everyone else" will buy it, and half of us "know-it-alls" will buy it for fun too.

asagami_

Banned
Wow it's tiny!

nes-classic.jpg

I can see an appeal of this as a toy. The price is so good as to let it go.

And because I want to do a silly pun:

"Look all that power in the palm of your hand!"

I'm 23 and the NES was my first videogame at the age of 3. I love it so much.

Yeah, I think it's going to be a great success because "everyone else" will buy it, *and* half of us "know-it-alls" will buy it for fun too.

Nah dude. It needs wifi and eshop logins and upres resolution and wireless controllers and digital audio hookups and different color schemes all for $60 and if I can't download Obscure Game onto upgradeable storage it's a complete failure!

MrBigBoy

Good timing with the announcement. Nintendo is in the media with Pokemon Go, and now with this. Hopefully it sells well so we see other Mini consoles in the future.

eXistor

That's awesome and a damn decent selection of games too. Definitely getting one if only for my collection. I actually own most games already, but not all of them NTSC, so this is a step up at least.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Nah dude. It needs wifi and eshop logins and upres resolution and wireless controllers and digital audio hookups and different color schemes all for $60 and if I can't download Obscure Game onto upgradeable storage it's a complete failure!

"No Devil World in the original Japanese? I can't see why anybody would give this a second thought, in that case."

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What a cute idea! I hope to see more consoles like this one.
I have a question though, are those 30 games the only ones you can play or you can buy other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom