• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they down convert to 480i though? Do we even know what resolutions this thing can output?

240p is what you really want for your CRT and I would not mess with trying to convert this from HDMI.

If you are going to spend $60 on this toy console and $40 on converting to analog, it's time to think about buying a real console (NES, AV Famicom, Famiclone) and an Everdrive. You'll get real 240p and no lag.

MooMilk2929

240p is what you really want for your CRT and I would not mess with trying to convert this from HDMI.

If you are going to spend $60 on this toy console and $40 on converting to analog, it's time to think about buying a real console (NES, AV Famicom, Famiclone) and an Everdrive. You'll get real 240p and no lag.

Evedrives aren't cheap. Getting the toy console, convertor is still cheaper and gets you 30 good games. And it's legal.

Evedrives aren't cheap. Getting the toy console, convertor is still cheaper and gets you 30 good games. And it's legal.

He wants it to output to a CRT in standard def. That's what he wants.

That means 240p, as 480i looks like shit for 8-bit and that's why no 8 or 16 bit system even output 480i with commercially released games. 99% of Playstation and Saturn and N64 games even don't output 480i. Does an HDMI to analog, 480p to 240p, converter really even exist? Is it good? Lagless?

FWIW Everdrives can be populated with roms that you rip out of virtual console and steam games and so on.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's ridiculous to think this will have been unveiled for a full month by the time this weekend rolls around without pre-orders being offered in North America outside of Toys R Us.

You know I have to say it... but, Nintendo being Ninten-fucking-do.

I have been checking every day, lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm starting to wonder if this thing is Toys R Us exclusive.

It's ridiculous to think this will have been unveiled for a full month by the time this weekend rolls around without pre-orders being offered in North America outside of Toys R Us.

How so? I'm sure the intent here is to allocate most of the stock to retailers for walk ins and not have them all hoarded by resellers and collectors. Not everything has to have a lengthy preorder lead time and it doesn't do Nintendo any good for consumers to believe it's impossible to get one this long before release.

You're not alone. It's nuts that it's been over a month now and still nothing from Amazon yet Toys R Us has had multiple chances to preorder.

And multiple months ahead of them to cancel most of said pre-orders.

I wouldn't be feeling very confident if I had one reserved from that retailer. They likely don't have allocation numbers from Nintendo. Otherwise, other sites would have taken pre-orders as well.

UberTag

How so? I'm sure the intent here is to allocate most of the stock to retailers for walk ins and not have them all hoarded by resellers and collectors. Not everything has to have a lengthy preorder lead time and it doesn't do Nintendo any good for consumers to believe it's impossible to get one this long before release.
I actually don't have an issue with your logic if they give advance notice of a pre-order window at Amazon sometime in September or October.

The lack of lead time isn't the problem.

The problem is that instead of going that route they're likely going to open these up for pre-orders in the middle of the night or in the middle of some random work day and sell out of their allocation within an hour or less.

Veitsev

Anyone have any experience with Target.com preorders?

Trying to decide whether to jump or wait for Amazon.

Amiibos came in fine. Order it now and save yourself any further headaches. You have no guarantee you will be able to grab it on Amazon before it sells out.

Anyone have any experience with Target.com preorders?

Trying to decide whether to jump or wait for Amazon.

Other than the fact that it's literally impossible to modify an order once it's made (so if you get a new card in the meantime, you're fucked), they're good. At least, they ship on time and they package quite well.

They do have a tendency to place brief temp holds on your money between placing the order and the ship-date (and they may auto-cancel if the funds aren't there, even months before ship), unless you use a Red Card. So if your account is low it can kind of screw you over.

idwl

Did you guys see the video showing the console and the controller? The controller cable seemed incredibly short. Was that the final model? would suck having to sit that close to the tv to play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom