• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
$60 hardware vs $300 hardware...what do you think?
Sure but it's old games nobody under 25 wants to play :p
It wouldn't surprise me if it outsells the PS4, assuming Nintendo has plenty of stock available.
Yeah I don't think they're gonna make enough of these to meet demand. Nintendo always underestimates demand. From Wii to amiibo.

And then when they finally do have enough supply, the demand drops considerably.

Justinh

I think it's weird that after Toys "R Us and now Target had preorders up and done with for the time being, the pages for the product aren't there anymore.

The T"R"U page I had bookmarked says No promotion specified and Target's says product not available. I couldn't find them again with searches either... although, there is a page for the controller on Target's site(but not available, don't get excited).

chadskin

Controller cable looks rather short :/

CqKnDNmXYAQYrmh.jpg

via https://twitter.com/dertimster/status/766358568614391813

Matticers

I really hope the short cables are just a demo thing because that's going to ruin the console if it's not. It won't work well with a lot of people's setups. I wanted to get two of these for family members as a gift but I know it won't work for them very well with the way they both have their TV set up on the wall.

maybe you can pair up 2 wiimotes and connect the controller to those.

do we have confirmation those are final and not just for show tho?

This thing is $60 including the tons of game licenses because they aren't doing things like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, flash ram, analog output, et al. Of course this also makes it super secure in addition to being profitiable.

Retrobox

The cables will definitely be rather short because they also can be plugged into the wii remote and you don't want a 10 ft. cable for that. And wireless? Eww, disgusting. This thing will already have to fight with input lag, you don't want to add any factors that could increase that.

Anyway, a longer HDMI cable or controller extension cables should do the trick if you guys' setup actually runs into trouble there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you're not sitting cross legged on the floor barely a metre away from the TV; you're doing it wrong.

NeOak

The cables will definitely be rather short because they also can be plugged into the wii remote and you don't want a 10 ft. cable for that. And wireless? Eww, disgusting. This thing will already have to fight with input lag, you don't want to add any factors that could increase that.

Anyway, a longer HDMI cable or controller extension cables should do the trick if you guys' setup actually runs into trouble there.
My 25ft HDMI cable is ready

Woodchipper

Just pre-ordered. Honestly, the only NES games I can remember ever playing are Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Metal Gear and some boat action game I can't remember the name of. Finally I'm gonna experience some of the best classics in video game history, lol!

NIGHT-

Just pre-ordered. Honestly, the only NES games I can remember ever playing are Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Metal Gear and some boat action game I can't remember the name of. Finally I'm gonna experience some of the best classics in video game history, lol!

Whose taking orders?

Cobra Triangle?

I have been firing up my ol' NES in anticipation of the Mini's release. Yup, silly and ridiculous but I have been having good fun (I own just over 100 NES carts).

With the Mini, I'm excited about (the potential of) playing an NES via HDMI.

Random note: I hooked up my toaster NES via A/V cables recently on my CRT and did a compare/contrast vs. RF connection on my top loader. A/V picture is very impressive.

amazon always notifies me when i'm on the wait list (which i am for this). i never got a notification so i doubt it was ever for sale on amazon

Never got a notification, either. Let's call bullshit and move on.

i checked through my emails as well and saw no notification though the listing on amazon saying it is no longer available is curious

I never seem to get notifications until days after, which unfortunately with hot items is far too late.

alf717

Pretty sure this thread would of been bumped or a new one would of been created if preorders went up. Even if it sold out in seconds. The status of "Currently Unavailable" has been on Amazon's web site now for a long time.

Shiggy

Do we know if this was actually developed by NCL? I'm just a bit baffled by the "Made in Germany" and lack of Japanese release.

Edit: It wasn't! Created by Nintendo European Research and Development!

killroy87

If, at this point, Nintendo doens't at least announce a specific time pre-orders will go up, that will be a major douche move on their part. I won't be surprised if they don't, but that would be a major douche move.

amazon always notifies me when i'm on the wait list (which i am for this). i never got a notification so i doubt it was ever for sale on amazon
Back when amiibo sold out in minutes or less (I think Lucina sold out in like 14 seconds or something stupid?) I had all of them set up for wait list notifications. Never got a single one for those. Pretty sure if they don't go out before they sell out they never go out at all.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
If, at this point, Nintendo doens't at least announce a specific time pre-orders will go up, that will be a major douche move on their part. I won't be surprised if they don't, but that would be a major douche move.

They've never done that for anything else before (because that's the store's responsibility). So yeah douche move I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom