• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

Kangi

Iwata dropping tha pink bomb.
Bomb_Kirby.png

Sadist

Interesting. Nintendo of Europe (Dutch branch) just twittered they'll be showing Nintendo Direct as well at 13:00 with subtitles.

With NoE president Shibata presenting.

Morgen om 13:00 presenteert NOE-directeur Shibata een nieuwe #NintendoDirect met NL ondertitels. RT als je gaat kijken. http://bit.ly/HRufh3

pramath

Banned
IF Wii U is to be renamed (and I seriously hope not, that name is genius), then I hope it is done tomorrow.
Or not at all.
Not at all would be preferable.

Nibel

Interesting. Nintendo of Europe (Dutch branch) just twittered they'll be showing Nintendo Direct as well at 13:00 with subtitles.

With NoE president Shibata presenting.

Yup!

“@NintendoEurope: At 1pm CET tomorrow NOE President Satoru Shibata will host a new #NintendoDirect RT if you'll be watching! http://t.co/EUbYSlMq”

NOE president? Is this the first time?

Being realistic the extent of WiiU stuff we could possibly get is the name and final design. And within an hour before we'd have some media corp announcing it as well.

That be all in that area. Maybe a 3DS game.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just started a new thread about the NoE one, before I realised people were discussing it here.
Anyway, EXCITE!!!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The NOE president is called...Satoru?

Now I understand the great European treatement from Nintendo!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Every nintendo direct so far has had worthwhile items of interest

...just don't expect Wii U news...

I agree. I cannot understand the sad reactions I've read around.
I mean: for years we blamed Nintendo for their poor "PR" connection with the web. Now we got a "News" appointment with updates about release dates, trailers, demoes, new minor games announcements and so on.

I'm really happy about this and about it's latest "NoE" localization and about the confirmation that it happens every two months.

Sadist

If Iwata, Reggie and Shibata will present the ND's for their respective area's... that has to mean something right?

tsab

If Shibata presents instead of using Iwata's video, maybe they have something big to announce this time!
or nothing at all but sale numbers lol

NateDrake

Probably some 3DS stuff, maybe a tease of what is to come at E3, & new title localization like Fire Emblem for EU/NA. Nothing mindblowing but solid news I would suspect.

I wish people would stop posting "BELIEVE!" as I keep getting the final level of Parappa stuck in my head.

...so new Parappa game for 3DS?

NeoRausch

My uncle (who is bartender at a nintendo exclusiv bar) told me that drunk iwata told him that they gonna announce the release of the wii u. And it's gonna be at the end of this month!

true story!

but seriously, a 3DS system update with folder options would be pretty fucking sweet!......pretty please?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Probably some 3DS stuff, maybe a tease of what is to come at E3, & new title localization like Fire Emblem for EU/NA. Nothing mindblowing but solid news I would suspect.

My bet:

No Wii U

Wii = Mario Part 9 (approaching Golden Week release in Japan)
Wii = maybe finally some DQX news (Q3? Bundle?)
Wii = Fatal Frame 2 rebirth trailer

3DS = different stuffs: Project X trailer, some video for Oni Training, a lot of Fire Emblem footage à la Kid Icarus, Mario Tennis footage, maybe other third parties incoming games trailers (Etryan Oddissey? Rune Factory?)

trinest

How do you know? Personally, I think save them both for later in the year. Mansion 2 around Halloween and AC for November, with 2D Mario early December for Christmas - like the 1 - 2 punch of 3D Land and Kart last year.

*eye twitches*

No.

(Probably June this year with AC and LM launching on same date).

trinest

Sorry, I meant "Personally I think they will save them for later in the year".

Also, the chances of these two games launching on the same date is slightly above 0.

Maybe not the same day (that would be silly). But it will launch close to another big hitter (expecially another game if it is so different and diverce).

Top Bottom