• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Cider

Not even sure if it's gonna be a joke. Fire some reason I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was oblivious to April's Fool because Nintendo :/

Then again, if they actually show footage or give ANY news at all on Fire Emblem x SMT I wouldn't hold my breathe, again because Nintendo.

Ughhhh help me help you Nintendo, help me help you.

What are your thoughts on a Hyrule Warriors expansion pack? It seems like K-T loves to release those for the Warriors games, and the exclusion of Skull Kid seems a bit too blatant to ignore.

cyba89

I literally just woke from a dream of Iwata announcing both Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess getting a HD remake.

Felt so real :(

Zelda HD collection with every Zelda game ever released (yes even the handheld
and CD-i
games) with completely revamped graphics all on one disc, free with every copy of Zelda U to celebrate the 30th anniversary.

Not even sure if it's gonna be a joke. Fire some reason I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was oblivious to April's Fool because Nintendo :/

Then again, if they actually show footage or give ANY news at all on Fire Emblem x SMT I wouldn't hold my breathe, again because Nintendo.

Ughhhh help me help you Nintendo, help me help you.
They would show footage for SMTxFE before they announce and show footage on a new game called FExSMT.

Crayolan

tumblr_mtfyrl8pD61snnv7so1_500.gif

The time has finally come.

Hopefully they take advantage of it being April Fool's to announce something completely ridiculous that sounds like an obvious joke...but then turns out to be real.

jmizzal

A demo of Splatoon would be swell. 1 map available with limited guns to bring hype. They did it with Codename STEAM so...

Yea a demo is pretty important for a new IP, The Wonderful 101 got one and Bayo 2 got one, even tho its not a new IP but it was new to Nintendo systems.

I can def see one come out before launch

Tadale

I don't even need new game announcements. Just tell me about Yoshi's Wooly World, Star Fox, and Xenoblade, and I'll be happy.

RedToad64

My legitimate predictions. You guys tell me if this sounds realistic.
-Zelda Wii U trailer and name (with comments it won't be at E3)
-Mario Maker trailer and info. Pushed to the holiday season.
-Yoshi's Woolly World trailer and info. Out in summer.
-...which then turns into amiibo features for the game. More amiibo are announced.
-Mewtwo amiibo is coming for Smash. Comes with a code for the DLC later this year.
-Smash Mewtwo trailer and info. Out in April.
-Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 trailer and release date for May.
-Splatoon info, trailer, and release date. "Stay tuned for the Treehouse Live event aftwards!"
-Wii U Virtual Console stuff and next system update.
-BOX BOY! info and trailer. Releases after the Direct or on Thursday.
-Xenoblade Chronicles trailer and special edition system.
-Xenoblade X trailer.
-Treehouse presentation begins.

If Mewtwo comes out after the direct, getting a code is going to be a huge mess as CN will be down for days.

Hopefully they don't make us actually get on the site to get a code and just email them. Or better yet, just use our linked Nintendo Network ID to automatically add it to our account and ignore messing with codes...

CazTGG

Given that Fire Emblem will be celebrating its 25th anniversary later this month, I think it's reasonable to assume we'll get a release date for that Marth Amiibo restock as well as other plans, if any. I doubt we'll see that concert cross over to our shores but I imagine they have something in store.

L95

Ugh, you're right. If Mewtwo is given out right after the direct I probably won't be able to download him for a week...

Ugh, you're right. If Mewtwo is given out right after the direct I probably won't be able to download him for a week...

It's not the download I'm concerned about, I know the Nintendo servers can handle that.

It's the retrieving of the code. Club Nintendo's servers are trash and a combination of Platinum Rewards and Mewtwo together mean the servers will be down for a week or so.

And there's no point in making us physically claim a code. They can just email them out, or better yet just mark our accounts as owning the DLC and skip code entry at all :/

Not to mention the eShop, which would probably see DDoS-tier traffic.
The eShop held out ok for the 3DS release of Smash. It was slow, but it only took a couple hours to get through and fully download.

Mewtwo will have to be shipped to every single Wii U and 3DS owning Smash anyway, as he'll have to be patched for online compatibility.

RedToad64

Given that Fire Emblem will be celebrating its 25th anniversary later this month, I think it's reasonable to assume we'll get a release date for that Marth Amiibo restock as well as other plans, if any. I doubt we'll see that concert cross over to our shores but I imagine they have something in store.
The video game industry is not based around anniversaries.

Ihaa

Neo Member
Man i just hope they reveal a Paper Mario Wii U. Not a remake but a brand new game please :D. Maybe my prayers will get answered!

People said the same thing about the anniversaries for metroid and dk and nothing happened

Metroid really isn't a big franchise outside of enthusiast communities like Gaf (especially in Japan where it sells like shit), and Nintendo was investing it's efforts into Zelda which is a much bigger franchise for them

Top Bottom