• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

They will announce that the game will be called FExSMT now =P

"First, we have some terrible news. Due to some internal problems, we ultimately ended up cancelling SMTxFE. Please understand"

"Now here's the announcement of a new game for fans of two popular series. I'm sure you'll like it. It's called FExSMT. *laughs*"

I shouldn't even joke about this

the direct starts, Iwata comes up "april fools bitches" and then throws a banana on the screen, direct is over

thats my prediction

Oh god this is great uhueheu

hatchx

Banned
Is it just me or is the timer in the OP one hour too long? It's 6pm tomorrow, which should read 1 day, 2 hours and change.....

....ever hour matters!!!

They will announce that the game will be called FExSMT now =P
I would assume it would be done to spite me if they did. But that does get me wondering what it will be called in the end as I assume SMTxFE is a working title. Until they say otherwise, though, it shall be referred to as SMTxFE.

Thud

Given that Fire Emblem will be celebrating its 25th anniversary later this month, I think it's reasonable to assume we'll get a release date for that Marth Amiibo restock as well as other plans, if any. I doubt we'll see that concert cross over to our shores but I imagine they have something in store.

There is gonna be some merchandise involved.

Nintendo released the offical soundtracks of the radiant games this month. I'm expecting a 25th anniversary CD later this year, with the best arrangements taken from previous games and a few taken from If similiar to the Ys one. Stick it to a LE copy of If and I will buy it day one.

More FE plans will probably be discussed during the developer talk with these concerts. I don't expect too much coverage from Nintendo. I have no doubt they will celibrate it in Japan.

Yes! Super excited for this, especially since it's at 6pm and not early in the morning. I can actually sit down and watch it instead of having to sneak my phone at work or waking up super early.

Crayolan

B-but

the direct is April 2nd in Japan

The announcement of the direct was an April Fool's joke for Japan, since today is April 1st there. Then in the American direct Iwata will come onto the screen and say "Japan Exclusive Direct, April Fools!"

And Europe will get a real direct full of news we already know.

Platy

How I missed the direct threads xD

Shitty time for a direct to me ... will probably be on the buss getting back home =/

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
You've described my dream game too. As good as Igavanias are, they get pretty same-y when confined to one closed environment with only one correct path. By Igavanias, I mean both the actual Iga portable games and all of the Indie "Metroidvania" games you see today like Ori and the Blind Forest.

I want a game that plays like an Igavania, but in an interconnected open world setting with side quests and NPCs and lore. The Simon's Quest setup would be perfect: different towns, mansions, branching paths, blend of linear and nonlinear progression. Order of Ecclesia hinted at that, but was more staged based than open world.

This dream game still needs to be made. Perhaps we'll have to make it ourselves.

If its what must be done then my body is ready. Nice to see I am not the only one dreaming of such a game.

Neff

I mean, Starfox is still this year. If they don't fuck around with that game, it's a system seller.

If it has an unusually long and in-depth campaign/story, amazing multiplayer, a massive budget, and graphics so good it looks like goddamn Star Wars, then maybe.

Otherwise no, sadly.

J@hranimo

Banned
After taking a nap and thinking about likely new Wii U titles announced tomorrow, I can see Animal Crossing U being an announcement.

A Hideo Kojima Game...

fred.gif

It'll be at 11pm here, so not too bad. But my crazy Nintendo fan days were over a long time ago so I plan to go to sleep and then read all about it in the morning.

I'm looking forward to a good, old-fashioned GAF meltdown. Well, one or two. Please don't let me down.

J@hranimo

Banned
Delay to 2016 was a joke. It's actually delayed to 2017! Please Understand.

the thing is they never even mentioned 2016

;__;

2017 Delay you say? Surely that means it'll launch on...

Ive always said the reason the MK8 dlc is so late is because it would be released close to a console AC game.

Ah good point! Didn't New Leaf come out in early summer last year? in 2013. Quick google search answered my own question.

Glad I'm not the only one who wants to see SMTxFE. Been over 2 years and nothing.

I'm gonna be mad if they don't show anything soon. Either this or E3.

Sadist

"Hello, this is Iwata from Nintendo. It's been awhile since we had a presentation DIRECTLY (hand gestures ahoy) to you. And for our western viewers, we chose the first of April because it's a fun date. This Direct will not be a joke. Well, not for our European viewers. They're getting the deluxe edition of Project Zero V of Wii U, available this fall. My American friends will receive the game as well, but as a digital download only."

Sorry US of GAF, don't kill me

Honest predictions for us Euro folk

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 date
- Mewto for Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U... after this Direct
- Splatoon (Amiibo functions + new figurines)
- Yoshi (Yarn Yoshi Amiibo)
- Some Wii VC games

- Fire Emblem If
- Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon (NiSA)
- Attack on Titan (Download only)
- Monster Hunter 4 extra DLC
- New 3DS game

- New Wii U game

Done

Top Bottom