• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Kewl0210

Neo Member
I'm sure someone's mentioned it by now, but on the Japanese youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ebgO0KU9ZA

※先日発表した新しいゲーム専用機「NX」やスマートフォン向けゲームに関する新情報­は含まれておりません。
*New information regarding the new game console announced a few days ago, the 'NX' and games built for smart phones will not be included.

※紹介されるソフトには、年齢制限があるものが含まれる場合があります。
*There may be software introduced that have age restrictions.

So... In case anyone was holding out for that. Not happening. (The other things had to do with things like, the presentation is previously recorded, we apologize in advance if the stream goes down during the broadcast)

kirby_fox

Banned
So we have Yoshi, Star Fox, Splatoon, Mario Maker, XCX, Project Giant Robot, SMTxFE, Devil's Third, some kind of MMO-esque title that may involve KOS-MOS and FE:If along with Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 and the Smash update with Miiverse stage and Mewtwo DLC. We also have the recently released Codename: STEAM and Kirby game they might talk about. There's also the Pikachu detective game that was being worked on and the game from Tantalus.

With ALL of that and more I probably missed, I expect some more DLC for a game and maybe some kind of unexpected spin-off title (like Captain Toad). Depending on their timeline, I'm curious if we'll get any talk about what's replacing Club Nintendo now or if that'll be at E3. With it coming to a close, I could see a system update showcase.

I'd be curious how well the response to F-Zero stuff has been, as they seem to be testing the market for a new title in the series it seems. I'd much prefer Metroid personally.

Muzy72

Banned
Mewtwo won't be a "right after this Direct" release, BoxBoy is pretty much guaranteed to get that slot.

I fully expect Project Giant Robot to come out shortly after the Direct.

Mory Dunz

Hype gifs? Sure

ibu1n29IreDiWa.gif
Did I make this GIF? I feel like I did lol...

Anyway:
ibvXL3RPgI70RZ.gif

cyba89

I'm actually most excited for Mario Kart 8 DLC 2 details. The last pack was so good and I want to see some beautiful new tracks.

muteant

so they originally planned for the zelda delay announcement to be part of this direct, but then realized that announcing such on or around April 1st would be a horrible idea, so they excised it from the program and slipped it out early. makes sense.

i predict a big 3DS announcement and a new remake for the Wii U. i just feel it in my bones.

Tehalemi

zCGTXpm.gif

Now that I think about it, I'd love to see some Super Mario RPG type of Kirby game...maybe with claymation graphics? It'd be pretty neat.

Coolluck

I don't understand the hype. I also don't understand the insane love of everything Nintendo does either. I'm just hoping for a nice bit on Splatoon with a release date.

SuperSah

Banned
Mewtwo trailer will be inevitable, but a few questions.

Reckon Mewtwo would at least come with a stage for both versions? It honestly cannot take all these months to create nothing but a single character, right?

Also, how big do you think the gap will be between the people who get it for free and those who will have to pay?

Neoxon

Reckon Mewtwo would at least come with a stage for both versions? It honestly cannot take all these months to create nothing but a single character, right?

Also, how big do you think the gap will be between the people who get it for free and those who will have to pay?
Seeing as they just finished Mewtwo last week, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get much else. Plus there's the Miiverse stage & other new features. As for the Mewtwo trailer, it'll probably be just gameplay since he's technically a veteran.

J@hranimo

Banned
No, not everyone is that interested in Mewtwo, I assure you.

Oh I'm sorry, speaking in absolutes.

A LOT of people will be trying to download him with their club Nintendo codes.

I think he'll come with a stage. Also I hope the gap for him to be bought will be small. Don't want to split up the userbase for too long.

Top Bottom