• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

Dee Dee

There is an astonishing lack of faith in Affordable Space Adventures in this thread. Really hope they consider a demo, because you all need to try it!
It seems dark and tiny, but that is part of the gameplay. Not enough energy, will you power the front lights or the stabilizer? Forcing you to either navigate blindly or whirl your way past an obstacle.

Co-Op was so fun to play at Gamescom, really weird that this part is reviewing not so great. One player gets this big command console aka. The gamepad and another gets to steer the ship with the Pro Controller. Hope you didn't value harmony in your marriage! It can get pretty frantic if your co-pilot suddenly decides to turn of the shields because the engine is overheating. It's a really unique game!

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Affordable Space Adventures €18.99 / £16.99
Guac' a Mole €3.50 / £3.19

3DS
Pokémon Rumble World
My Pet School 3D €29.99 / £24.99
Quell Memento $3.99/ £3.19

=========
Price Reductions

3DS
WRC FIA World Rally Championship The Official Game €19.99 / £16.99 / CHF 26 until 16.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €34.99 / £29.99 / CHF 44.90
3D Game Collection €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until 23.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €6.99 / £4.99 / CHF 6.99
Funfair Party Games €4.99 / £3.69 / CHF 4.99 until 23.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €6.99 / £4.99 / CHF 6.99
Gardenscapes €5.99 / £4.49 / CHF 5.99 until 23.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €7.99 / £5.99 / CHF 7.99
Jewel Match 3 €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 23.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €6.99 / £4.99 / CHF 6.99
Safari Quest €4.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99 until 23.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €6.99 / £4.99 / CHF 6.99
The Keep €5.99 / £5.49 / CHF 7.99 until 23.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €9.99 / £8.99 / CHF 12.99
Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.39 until 23.04.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00
TOYS VS MONSTERS €2.99 / £2.99 / CHF 3.70 until 03.05.2015, 22:59 UTC. Regular price €3.99 / £3.99 / CHF 4.99

Swords & Soldiers 3D €6.99 / £5.59 / CHF 8.30 was €7.00 / £5.90 / CHF 8.50
Quell Reflect £3.19 / CHF 4.70 was £3.49 / CHF 5

Maybe taxes are higher.
20% is the UK tax.NOE don't want to change the £ exchange rate and no journalists ever call them out (they probably don't know what an eShop is or are otherwise ignorant of the matter despite weekly PR making it as clear as rain, maybe even resigned into a "ripoff britan innit" attitude). I keep e-mailing the customer services who insist it is fair (so that is the company line).

Here is a history of the digital exchange rates looking at the £. Wii shop (2006) €1=70p. DSi Shop (2009) €1=90p. 3DS eShop (2011) €1=90p. Wii U eShop (2012) €1=90p. Today's rate (2015) €1=73p. I've put the dates so you can compare with the exchange rates of the time (I know being on the ball 1:1 to the day is unrealistic but being 6 years behind is absurd). DSi shop was worst case scenario really and they've kept it ever since.

NOE do change exchange rates. In the past €1=$1.50AUD but this is now €1=$1.30AUD. In the past year South Africa went from €1=12ZAR (the exchange rate hit €1=16ZAR at one point...) to €12=13ZAR (which is today's value really). The news about Russian prices increasing made some headlines too (there was also warning about this).

So you can see they are respecting recent exchange rates (and have changed them mid generation without warning) but have decided not to bother for the UK.

I feel especially sorry for anyone conned into locking themselves into the UK eShop on their 3DS thanks to the asinine rules about requiring an NNID for certain eShop items, which deprives them of the more affordable space adventures € prices but hey they can play Pokemon Rumble Blast and make no IAP at all as it costs a lot more than Europe (which in turn costs a lot more than Japan).

Tizoc

Ninty needs to quit it with all these lame discounts =_=
I don't care about yo brand or your game's quality I just want cheap stuff...

Ladekabel

Will download Rumble World. Maybe I'll get ASA sometimes later, if I find friends who would be willing to play it.
Otherwise that list makes me sad.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Well, it seems that KnapNok has messed up the marketing of ASA, if so many people think it is just/mostly a multiplayer game.

VLiberty

Super Mario 3DLand is lovely. Started yesterday and got to world 5 in a single run. It's very easy as of now but I think someone spoilered me
that there are more worlds after the 8th and those are tougher

Hydroventure Spin Cycle is very good as well. Great art style and great mechanics, it's so much better than Puddle...though I'm having a very hard time at finding collectibles.

Affordable Space Adventures is US$19.99? That seems... high? Help me out here, guys.

It looks great and it's made by Nifflas, which made the awesome Knytt Underground(and Nightsky which I still have to get). Assuming it remains an exclusive by the time I get the system, it's one of the games I'm looking forward the most on Wii U.

RiggyRob

They really need to fix this.
€18.99 is £13.87 right now, not £16.99.
£16.99 would be €23.27.

Just ridiculous.

I just checked - when was the last time the Euro and US dollar exchange rates vs GBP were so close together?

£1 = €1.37
£1 = $1.49

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Legend of Dark Witch is that Mega Man style platformer, right? I just noticed it on sale & remembered my friend telling me about it. Anyone wanna convince me to get it for the price of $2.79 instead of $4?

I still have $3.65 left, but I was thinking of saving it for 3D Fantasy Zone II &/or the new Streetpass games.
Anyone? Should I just wait another week for the Streetpass games instead?

kurahador

Can anyone help me? I redeem MK7 for my platinum status CN, and the code I got is one word/number short...so I can't press "ok" on my 3DS.
What should I do?

Nvm...checked my Nintendo Club page, and the code is abit different than the one I got on email...wtf??
email: xxxx-ELT-xxxx-xxxx
CN: xxxx-PUNR-xxxx-xxxx

The xxxx is the same.

Europe:

So Nintendo announces n64 and DS VC then a week later proceeds to release nothing?

And where's more Wii games? GBA?

Sigh

terrisus

I just checked - when was the last time the Euro and US dollar exchange rates vs GBP were so close together?

£1 = €1.37
£1 = $1.49

2010 supposedly. The Euro is really weak right now.

Isn't it even farther back, like around 2004? 2010 and 2012 both had some pretty close periods, but there is still a pretty big difference to today's exchange rates.

Considering I've been playing an online game since 1997 which, since around 1999 has had a monthly fee which is £11.99GBP, which varies what it costs me in USD depending on the exchange rate month to month, a weak pound (or a strong dollar) financially benefits me >.>

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It has less platformer and more action. The bosses are kawaii and challenging.
The stages are a little boring.
Totally worthy for that price.
Hmmm, alright. Nintendo Life gave it a 7 & said it's rather short, but has a bit of replay value.

Just trying to be careful at the moment because my budget took a blow from getting my car's exhaust fixed & I already want 3D Fantasy Zone II & the new StreetPass games, which I know will last much longer in comparison.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Can anyone help me? I redeem MK7 for my platinum status CN, and the code I got is one word/number short...so I can't press "ok" on my 3DS.
What should I do?

Nvm...checked my Nintendo Club page, and the code is abit different than the one I got on email...wtf??
email: xxxx-ELT-xxxx-xxxx
CN: xxxx-PUNR-xxxx-xxxx

The xxxx is the same.

I would contact them.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Lame.

I'm at work and my woman and kiddos are home trying out Disney Infinity without me.

I did say to the boy child "yo you got 2 figures and your sister has 2 figures + mommy has 1... So no you can't open Hiro save some fun for me when I get there!" :p

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm cross quoting this from the review thread, as it contains three gameplay video of Affordable Space Adventures showing also the inputs on the Gamepad at the same time with what's going on with the screen.

It's kinda difficult to just imagine how it plays if you haven't tried it for yourself. Thus, I grabbed some double-camera gameplay of halfway levels 13, 14 and 15, showing both main screen and GamePad at the same time:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/...dable+Space+Adventures%2C+gameplay+exclusivo/

As said before, ask if in doubt. Every Wii U owner should def. check this out.

So glad to finally see Nintendo 64 games coming to the Wii U!

This is what... the first time DK64 has been available since launch? Can't wait to hear the DK Rap ;) & I'm glad to hear there will be rumble support as well. I'll def be picking that up on the 16th.

Now... if only the 3DS/N3DS received GBC, SNES & DS games the virtual console service as a whole would be everything I've wanted over the years.

TheMoon

Europe:

So Nintendo announces n64 and DS VC then a week later proceeds to release nothing?

And where's more Wii games? GBA?

Sigh

Maybe pay attention. They announced more Wii, N64 and DS games last week. Pandora's Tower and S&P 2 are coming this month. New N64/ DS VC games are set for May.

Vanillalite

Maybe pay attention. They announced more Wii, N64 and DS games last week. Pandora's Tower and S&P 2 are coming this month. New N64/ DS VC games are set for May.

Yeah, but there is a ton of stuff to release. They can't seem to ever keep a steady stream. Just look at the Wii stuff. They announced it, did 3 weeks of games, and then bailed for a while.

It just makes no sense.

TheMoon

Yeah, but there is a ton of stuff to release. They can't seem to ever keep a steady stream. Just look at the Wii stuff. They announced it, did 3 weeks of games, and then bailed for a while.

It just makes no sense.

Sure, but we should all know by now that that is how it works. There's nothing to be surprised about really. Also, it makes sense for this week. They just dropped 4 VC games on us last week at once. That's 2-4 weeks worth of games in a normal month. Now we get a "break" this week so we can drop our money on Affordable Space Adventures. Which is fine. That game deserves the spotlight.

Vanillalite

Sure, but we should all know by now that that is how it works. There's nothing to be surprised about really. Also, it makes sense for this week. They just dropped 4 VC games on us last week at once. That's 2-4 weeks worth of games in a normal month. Now we get a "break" this week so we can drop our money on Affordable Space Adventures. Which is fine. That game deserves the spotlight.

This doesn't suddenly make it okay.

tolkir

"We want games that make meaningful use of the Gamepad!"

*Affordable Space Adventures*

"No no! We want more 20 year old games that we've played before!"

I laughed.

I love Nintendo, but sometimes I just want to bang my head into my desk with their decisions.

Last week, it released 4 VC games with a 4x3 promotion, instead to release 1-2 titles how it had been happening weekly.
This week NOE want give ASA exposure after to work an exclusive title with a good use of gamepad.

I don't see the problem. Finally we have a unique exclusive indie and we want bury it between VC games.

terrisus why?

cacildo

This doesn't suddenly make it okay.

It could if they made sales

"No new releases this week but every SNES game is 75% off. So you can finally buy Wild Guns and Mystical Ninja without feeling guilty"

I actually went crazy someday last year and paid $8 for Mystical Ninja. Now i have a last stage save and dont have the guts to finish it so for me it will never end

Vanillalite

It could if they made sales

"No new releases this week but every SNES game is 75% off. So you can finally buy Wild Guns and Mystical Ninja without feeling guilty"

I actually went crazy someday last year and paid $8 for Mystical Ninja. Now i have a last stage save and dont have the guts to finish it so for me it will never end

They had those Smash sales, but they were kinda week and all over the place.

They need to do more of that.

Top Bottom