• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I really wish there was more 3rd party VC sales. Capcom seems to be the only one that does it, i.e Mega Man titles.

Kodaman

I really wish there was more 3rd party VC sales. Capcom seems to be the only one that does it, i.e Mega Man titles.

I'll add Konami.
I guess this has been answered already but, what's the issue with Square not releasing vc games outside of Japan?

sörine

Banned
There's no issue. They don't give a shit.
I half wonder if it's because they'd rather shepherd their fanbase into buying their crappy mobile ports in the west instead, where they can charge more and also get a higher return?

It's weird to me that SE hasn't announced FF Explorers (And FFI 3D) for the west yet either. Seems like something we'd be sure to get localized, especially after MH4U's surprise overperformance and SE sleeping on Bravely Default last year.

Nairume

Banned
sörine;159212554 said:
It's weird to me that SE hasn't announced FF Explorers (And FFI 3D) for the west yet either. Seems like something we'd be sure to get localized, especially after MH4U's surprise overperformance and SE sleeping on Bravely Default last year.
I imagine they've almost certainly realized at this point that Nintendo will step in and either do the leg work for or at least fund localization projects when they need to fill out particularly dead space. It probably makes sense to them to just sit on some of those games until Nintendo needs them, instead of bothering to do it on their own.

That said, it doesn't explain the VC situation, since they seem to be happily supporting it in Japan despite that probably not being as great of a market for it.

Ondore

I've got no idea if this theory is true or not, but my long-running theory is that Square won't put their games out in NA on Wii U VC unless they at least get an exemption from the upgrade offer, especially with the Wii U's bad performance and the fact that they can charge $17 for an intern's worth of effort.

JoeM86

So, until earlier today, Pokémon Rumble World had a details page on the Japanese eShop. Now, it is gone. Curious.

sörine

Banned
I imagine they've almost certainly realized at this point that Nintendo will step in and either do the leg work for or at least fund localization projects when they need to fill out particularly dead space. It probably makes sense to them to just sit on some of those games until Nintendo needs them, instead of bothering to do it on their own.

That said, it doesn't explain the VC situation, since they seem to be happily supporting it in Japan despite that probably not being as great of a market for it.
This sounds depressingly likely. I can totally see NOA/NOE doing FFE and BD2 in their empty periods for incompetent SE.

I've got no idea if this theory is true or not, but my long-running theory is that Square won't put their games out in NA on Wii U VC unless they at least get an exemption from the upgrade offer, especially with the Wii U's bad performance and the fact that they can charge $17 for an intern's worth of effort.
VC's a weird situation since Nintendo handles everything fir their systems (emulation, testing, manuals, ratings, etc) and (presumably) takes a bigger cut. 3rd parties are less like traditional publishers there and more like licensees.

This might explain Konami's reluctance with TG16 in the west though, as well as Sega and D4 not bothering at all with their platforms.

tolkir

I just to buy a new mobile phone waiting Nintendo x DeNA games.

No really, I needed a new one, my old phone had 4 years old.

Why does Super Mario 64 look so dark on the GamePad compared to my TV? I know there's a big resolution difference, but it shouldn't matter. SNES games look flawless on both.

BooJoh

I'm cross quoting this from the review thread, as it contains three gameplay video of Affordable Space Adventures showing also the inputs on the Gamepad at the same time with what's going on with the screen.

This does look pretty slick. Do we have any idea how long the solo campaign is?

What's next? R-Type is better than Gradius? These people..

Yes, R-Type is indeed the better series. :p

So, until earlier today, Pokémon Rumble World had a details page on the Japanese eShop. Now, it is gone. Curious.

I just checked the NA eShop, same thing. It was one of the first icons on the eShop since last week. I'm pretty sure I even had it wishlisted and it's not there anymore.

BooJoh

I've seen 6-8 hours in various reviews. Besides, depends on how long you take for puzzles.

Hmm... that really puts me on the fence. I've probably paid more for less time before, but I'm still not 100% sure how much I'll like the game.

JoeM86

Only showing up via QR Code on the Japanese eShop right now

CCCDS9KWIAAdVbL.png

Robin64

12.png

Please Nintendo...

By the way, Pokémon Rumble World is now up in Europe (and Australia), with the UK's going up about 20 minutes from now.

Ladekabel

Downloading Pokemon Rumble Word now and what is this song in the eShop? Did I miss something? Edit.: Nevermind, probably Xenoblade.

Next Week's Japanese downloads
4/15
WarioWare Touched (Nintendo) (DS) - 950 yen
The emanual is already uploaded and now we have all regions (well no Korean or Australia; former has no hardware and latter will use Europe although original release was US version):
Japan http://m1.nintendo.net/docvc/NTR/JPN/AZWJ/AZWJ_J.pdf
Europe http://m1.nintendo.net/docvc/NTR/EUR/AZWP/AZWP_E.pdf
USA http://m1.nintendo.net/docvc/NTR/USA/AZWE/AZWE_E.pdf

Shame NOE had to butcher the layout so badly to make it easier to translate. Still I forgot how that manual has personality (GENiUS you could say). I love the controls page in particular.

sörine

Banned
April's looking pretty good so far. I'm getting stupidly hyped for A-Train of all things, the more I see it the more I need it.

rjc571

Banned
I've never played WarioWare Touched, is it any good? The first WarioWare is one of my favorite GBA games, if that helps.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've never played WarioWare Touched, is it any good? The first WarioWare is one of my favorite GBA games, if that helps.
Honestly, it's okay, but I feel like it was more to be meant of a tech demo of the DS considering how early it came out in the system's lifeline.

I MIGHT buy it just because it's been so long, but I enjoyed Twisted on GBA so much more when I got it.

Edit: Oh right, I forgot there's a character dedicated to microphone-related minigames.

Yoshi Touch and Go, WarioWare Touched.

Thanks. Yoshi Touch and Go is one of my favorite early DS titles and highly recommend it, especially if you love arcade style score-perfection type gameplay. I logged so many hours on that cart back in 2005. :) Never played WW Touched.

BooJoh

I personally liked Touched better than Twisted. Each stage has a control "theme" like touching, swiping, dragging, with some stages being a mix, and one stage using nothing but the Mic/blowing.

The original WarioWare is my favorite of the series, with Touch tied with DIY for second place. DIY's gameplay is more shallow, only recognizing basic touches, but user creation bumps it up to the level of Touched.

Top Bottom