• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

gillty

Banned
sörine;160455652 said:
I am too. A-Train deserves better.

He's probably upset that they shoved it into the "Also new" section is my guess.

Yup, very much this. A-Train is the game that should be receiving some love from Nintendo this week. It is unlike anything else on any handheld platform, and having now played it, I can say it's a game that rivals the best in simulation titles on the PC.

Nintendo has done both the game and the platform a disservice.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, Nintendo in it's PR sadly only really gives more attention to games that have "hype" with it. It be much better, if they advertised the games getting released a little better.

Camjo-Z

GAF, I'm torn. Kirby Triple Deluxe or Affordable Space Adventures? I need resolution on this.

They're both good games, so there's only one way to decide... by OPTICAL ILLUSION!

Spinning_Dancer.gif

If the girl is spinning clockwise, get Kirby! If she's spinning counter-clockwise, get ASA! The power is YOURS!

Simbabbad

GAF, I'm torn. Kirby Triple Deluxe or Affordable Space Adventures? I need resolution on this.
For what it's worth, I've been very disappointed by Triple Deluxe, and I loved Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dreamland which is IMO the best Kirby game ever.

Triple Deluxe is too linear, there are too many "puzzles" on the way that break the rhythm and replayability, what you have to do is too obvious, final boss is kind of lame, boss mode is not very interesting.

TheMoon

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/251346-bizerta-silent-evil-more-screens-a-few-more-details

New Horror game coming to the WiiU eShop, looks cool uses the gamepad too

Have we not covered this here before? Wasn't there a thread? It was announced a few months ago. I would hold off on getting excited since this, if I'm remembering right, is a one-man project which is still super early or something.

Here is the original reveal: http://www.cubed3.com/news/23437/1/...-survival-horror-bizerta-silent-evil.html#top

Bowl0l

I still can't decide whether to send assassin's after you or not for still not having bought and played Pikmin 3, one of 2013's GOTYs.
I haven't bought Pikmin 3 because i have to delete games in my WiiU before buying the game. Why Nintendo? Why?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I haven't bought Pikmin 3 because i have to delete games in my WiiU before buying the game. Why Nintendo? Why?

Personally I prefer them just allowing you to use a USB harddrive rather than slap on a 120gb drive and charge a huge markup for it.

Vylash

My complain is not about needing more storage space but Nintendo not allowing me to purchase the game when my HDD is full..

yeah, a friend gave me a digital copy of the wonderful 101 and there's no reason why i should actually have to begin the download in order to redeem it

TheMoon

My complain is not about needing more storage space but Nintendo not allowing me to purchase the game when my HDD is full..

Yes, this is a legit issue. It actually kept me from buying a game even when it was on sale a few times because it happened to be quite large and I didn't want to bother deleting a ton of stuff.

foltzie1

I thought Nintendo said not to use flash drives? I could have sworn I heard at least one Gaffer had something happen to his files as a result.

Nintendo is being overly cautious. There have been Gaffers who had their HDDs fail and lose saves as well.

There is nothing wrong with using a NAND flash based solution, if you get a USB stick or SD card from a reputable source they should last more than long enough for use with your Wii U.

In fact, it is really annoying that there is an SD card slot and I cannot pop in a 128GB SD card and use it with the Wii U is extremely irritating when it worked just fine on the Wii.

sörine

Banned
very annoyed that EU gets Pandora's Tower

No Wii game in NA :/

Bizarrely they haven't shown any interest in continuing to list any new Wii games in NA. I was hoping for a bunch to release so I could make my copies of Wii Kirby, Pikmin and Mario games into digital and sell/trade the physical copies. I wonder if they just sold really poorly here.

In fact, I don't think we even got DKCR yet!

Ridiculous at this point.

Out of the ones already released ( in other countries ) I want Pandora's Tower. So I know I'm going to have to wait a while.

I doubt sales has anything to do with it, we still dont have zero mission and in the past waited months and months for games like SMB3, NOA is just clueless with VC

I have given up with NoA at this point and assumed that Wii games do not exist.

Yeah cause what we need is a fuck ton more Mega Man vs the mounds of other shit we don't have yet especially now with the Wii, DS, and N64.

Also I'm just over the fact that NOA hates Metroid. They hate the series. I get that. We disagree. I'm just gonna move on. :/

Splatoon is a retail game though.

It will effect VC as NOA throws us only a bone or two. One of those slots will 100% be Megaman now.

Just look at this week. We have 1 Wii U VC game in DK 64. If this was May that 1 game would be MM and we'd have nothing else.

This would be less of an issue if Nintendo didn't drip feed the VC services.

Gonna have to agree here, May will prob be all Mega man so no Wii games, maybe like 1 64 game 1 DS game and no Zero Mission

Ah, the Adelman legacy. Trickle, trickle.
In memory of Team Top Hat and his jovial NOA hate I've decided to throw together missing VC lists for each region (minus Japan because fuck them and their mountains of VC!). Get pissed about what you don't get.

3DS VC released or announced in EU but not NA
Devil World (NES) Nintendo
Donkey Kong: Original Edition (NES) Nintendo
Trip World (GB) Sunsoft

3DS VC released or announced in NA but not EU
Bases Loaded (NES) Hamster
Harvest Moon 2 (GBC) Natsume
Harvest Moon 3 (GBC) Natsume
Maru's Mission (GB) Hamster
Quarth (GB) Konami
Tecmo Bowl (NES) Koei Tecmo Games

3DS VC released or announced in JP* but not NA or EU
Adventures of Lolo 2 (NES) HAL Laboratory
Alien Crush (TG16) Konami
Antarctic Adventure (NES) Konami
Atlantis no Nazo (NES) Sunsoft
Battle City (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Binary Land (NES) Konami
Bio Miracle Boukette Upa (NES) Konami
Bubble Bobble (NES) Square Enix
Chack'n Pop (NES) Square Enix
Challenger (NES) Konami
China Warrior (TG16) Konami
Double Dragon II (GB) Arc System Works
Dragon Buster (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Elevator Action (NES) Square Enix
Field Combat (NES) Hamster
Final Fantasy (NES) Square Enix
Front Line (NES) Square Enix
Game Boy Gallery (GB) Nintendo
Gradius (TG16) Konami
Ikki (NES) Sunsoft
King's Knight (NES) Square Enix
Madoola no Tsubasa (NES) Sunsoft
Mappy (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Ninja JaJaMaru-kun (NES) Hamster
Nintendo World Cup (GB) Arc System Works
Nintendo World Cup (NES) Arc System Works
Nuts & Milk (NES) Konami
Pop'n Twinbee (GB) Konami
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (NES) Konami
Revelations: The Demon Slayer (GBC) Atlus
R-Type (TG16) Konami
Shadowgate (NES) Kemco
Star Luster (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Tetris Attack (GB) Nintendo
The Legend of Kage (NES) Square Enix
The Sword of Hope (GB) Kemco
The Tower of Druaga (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Ufouria: The Saga (NES) Sunsoft
Yie Ar Kung-Fu (NES) Konami

Wii U VC released or announced in EU but not NA
Brain-Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day (DS) Nintendo
Devil World (NES) Nintendo
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll (NES) Culture Brain
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) Nintendo
Kung Fu Heroes (NES) Culture Brain
Kurukuru Kururin (GBA) Nintendo
Mario's Super Picross (SNES) Nintendo
Mega Man Zero 3 (GBA) Capcom
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA) Nintendo
Pac-Attack (SNES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Pop'n Twinbee (SNES) Konami
Pop'n Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventures (SNES) Konami
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (GBA) Capcom

Wii U VC released or announced in NA but not EU
Bases Loaded (NES) Hamster
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament (GBA) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA) Nintendo
Mega Man & Bass (GBA) Capcom
Mega Man Battle Network 4: Blue Moon (GBA) Capcom
Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun (GBA) Capcom
Super Mario Advance (GBA) Nintendo
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA) Nintendo
Yoshi Touch & Go (DS) Nintendo

Wii U VC released or announced in JP* but not NA or EU
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA) Nintendo
Adventures of Lolo 2 (NES) HAL Laboratory
Air Zonk (TG16) Konami
Alien Crush (TG16) Konami
Antarctic Adventure (MSX) Konami
Antarctic Adventure (NES) Konami
Atlantis no Nazo (NES) Sunsoft
Battle City (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Big Brain Academy (DS) Nintendo
Binary Land (NES) Konami
Blazing Lazers (TG16) Konami
Bomberman '94 (TG16) Konami
Bonk's Adventure (TG16) Konami
Bonk's Revenge (TG16) Konami
Bonk III: Bonk's Big Adventure (TG16) Konami
Break In (TG16) Kaga Create
Bubble Bobble (NES) Square Enix
Chew Man Fu (TG16) Konami
China Warrior (TG16) Konami
Contra (MSX2) Konami
Detana Twinbee!! (TG16) Konami
Devil's Crush (TG16) Konami
Digital Champ: Battle Boxing (TG16) Kaga Create
Double Dungeons (TG16) Konami
Dragon Buster (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Elevator Action (NES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy (NES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy II (SNES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy III (SNES) Square Enix
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES) Square Enix
Final Fight Guy (SNES) Capcom
Final Soldier (TG16) Konami
Gradius (TG16) Konami
Ikki (NES) Sunsoft
Knightmare (MSX) Konami
Legend of Hero Tonma (TG16) Irem
Mappy (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Mendel Palace (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Metal Marines (SNES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Moto Roader (TG16) Konami
Mr. Heli (TG16) Irem
Napoleon (GBA) Nintendo**
Nemesis 3: Eve of Destruction (MSX) Konami
Neutopia (TG16) Konami
Neutopia II (TG16) Konami
New Adventure Island (TG16) Konami
New Super Mario Bros. (DS) Nintendo
Ninja JaJaMaru-kun (NES) Hamster
Ninja Spirit (TG16) Irem
Nintendo World Cup (NES) Arc System Works
Nuts & Milk (NES) Konami
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES) Square Enix
Parodius (MSX) Konami
Penguin Adventure (MSX) Konami
Power Golf (TG16) Konami
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (NES) Konami
Quarth (MSX2) Konami
Road Fighter (MSX) Konami
R-Type (TG16) Konami
Salamander (TG16) Konami
Secret of Mana (SNES) Square Enix
Shadow Land (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Shockman (TG16) Konami
Smash Ping-Pong (NES) Nintendo
Soldier Blade (TG16) Konami
Sonic Advance (GBA) Sega
Space Manbow (MSX2) Konami
Super Ninja Boy (SNES) Culture Brain
Super Star Soldier (TG16) Konami
Tetris Attack (SNES) Nintendo
The Legend of Kage (NES) Square Enix
The Mysterious Murasame Castle (NES) Nintendo
The Tower of Druaga (NES) Bandai Namco Entertainment
Twinbee (MSX) Konami
Twinbee (NES) Konami
Vampire Killer (MSX2) Konami
Victory Run (TG16) Konami
Vigilante (TG16) Irem
World Sports Competition (TG16) Konami
Yie Ar Kung-Fu (MSX) Konami
Yie Ar Kung-Fu (NES) Konami
Yie Ar Kung-Fu 2 (MSX) Konami

Nintendo Wii eShop games released or announced in EU but not NA
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Pandora's Tower
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

*only titles with previous western and/or english language release
** localized in French only

maxcriden

Hey sörine! Since you're here--and to anyone else--something a bit fortuitous happened to me this morning. I was looking through the bag o' Wii stuff my Dad brought me to trade into GameStop for cred since they don't use it anymore, and I discovered an unopened 2000 point Wii Shop card! Yay.

So, I was wondering if you still have that post somewhere of underappreciated VC platformer recommendations. If not, I'd definitely be interested in hearing a few (from you or from anyone else here) if you're willing and have time! Thank you!

Camjo-Z

So, I was wondering if you still have that post somewhere of underappreciated VC platformer recommendations. If not, I'd definitely be interested in hearing a few (from you or from anyone else here) if you're willing and have time! Thank you!

I can recommend Bonk 3 and ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron, though the latter is most fun in co-op. If you prefer single-player exclusively, Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa is a really underrated Famicom Disk System game that somehow managed to get added as an import on Wii VC.

maxcriden

I can recommend Bonk 3 and ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron, though the latter is most fun in co-op. If you prefer single-player exclusively, Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa is a really underrated Famicom Disk System game that somehow managed to get added as an import on Wii VC.

Thanks Cam. How's Bio Miracle's Save System? I'm not sure I have the time or patience these days to deal with antiquated save systems w/o save states (so I definitely only want Wii VC games that aren't on (and likely won't come to) Wii U VC). I guess I should ask about Bonk 3's save system also b/c the original IIRC doesn't really have one, which we found out the hard way.

You can see save states have really spoiled me.

Camjo-Z

Thanks Cam. How's Bio Miracle's Save System? I'm not sure I have the time or patience these days to deal with antiquated save systems w/o save states (so I definitely only want Wii VC games that aren't on (and likely won't come to) Wii U VC). I guess I should ask about Bonk 3's save system also b/c the original IIRC doesn't really have one, which we found out the hard way.

You can see save states have really spoiled me.

Neither of them have a save system, but they both have level select codes you can use instead.

wilflare

I still can't decide whether to send assassin's after you or not for still not having bought and played Pikmin 3, one of 2013's GOTYs.

but but... I already bought the physical release (at full price) only to sell it later because I was switching to a digital collection

GWX

They're both good games, so there's only one way to decide... by OPTICAL ILLUSION!

Spinning_Dancer.gif

If the girl is spinning clockwise, get Kirby! If she's spinning counter-clockwise, get ASA! The power is YOURS!

I took this seriously, and this is what it resulted in:

Quite fun so far!

For what it's worth, I've been very disappointed by Triple Deluxe, and I loved Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dreamland which is IMO the best Kirby game ever.

Triple Deluxe is too linear, there are too many "puzzles" on the way that break the rhythm and replayability, what you have to do is too obvious, final boss is kind of lame, boss mode is not very interesting.

I actually took your advice into consideration, and thank you for it, but I still went with Kirby as I didn't think I was going to be troubled by the easy puzzles. I'm playing Box Boy (which is also by HAL), and even though it's easy (aside from some select crowns), I'm having the greatest of times. I guess I'm in the mood for easy and pick-up-and-play kind of games. Kirby's upbeat music and colorful visuals definitely don't hurt =) I'll definitely track down ASA in the future, though, I love the idea behind it.

wilflare

all those eShop sales are really making me want to digitize my 3DS collection
any game on sale with Download Play (or multiplay with a second 3DS and cart?)
maybe I should get Tomodachi Life Digital (got the physical)

donny2112

I was having the hardest time getting her to spin counter-clockwise, but then I focused on her reflected foot instead of the main silhouette, and that worked! Now can get her going both ways at different times, though, it's still easier to see her going clockwise. (^_^)

TheMoon

I was having the hardest time getting her to spin counter-clockwise, but then I focused on her reflected foot instead of the main silhouette, and that worked! Now can get her going both ways at different times, though, it's still easier to see her going clockwise. (^_^)

I actually can't get her to spin clockwise no matter what I try. It's always counter-clockwise by default. That confused the hell out of me, I thought he was cheating and trying to make him buy ASA :D (which I would've recommended anyway, despite like KTD a lot)

Simbabbad

I actually took your advice into consideration, and thank you for it, but I still went with Kirby as I didn't think I was going to be troubled by the easy puzzles.
It's still a good game, extremely cute, and if you like the 3D effect, it's used well (all the "tilt the 3DS" puzzles suddenly disable it though, which is annoying). If you don't mind playing a game in "automatic piloting" (I do, I feel like I'm wasting my time), it's a good choice.

Top Bottom