• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

TheMoon

TheMoon,
It's the target system which has preinstalled games.
There are sellers in Malaysia selling Deluxe WiiU with preinstalled 3D World and Nintendo land.

I am interested to know if anyone did it before.

I don't think i can call since I'm living in Malaysia.

To be clear, I'm not asking which system has the preinstalled games, that was always clear. I was asking if the games are actually PREINSTALLED on NEW consoles and weren't just registered on NNIDs on used systems or even just disc copies? That's why I was asking about specifics because I'm not sure there is even such a thing as a Wii U with preinstalled SM3DW and NL as they either come in their respective cases on disc or as a download code which would avoid this whole issue (and explain why it's not covered on the FAQ).

For example, if you're buying this:
81MXGbRbzaL._SL1500_.jpg
Then you get what you see. The two games in those cases on discs as pictured.

In either case, if they are indeed preinstalled on a brand new system then you can work around this potential issue by first creating a new NNID on the target system which then ties those preinstalled games to that NNID. Then you do the transfer which formats the target system and removes the NNID. After the transfer is done, you can then relink that new NNID that you created with those preinstalled games with the caveat that you'll need to remember that those two are tied to that second NNID. But like I said, this is only a workaround if that scenario even really comes into play.

Btw you don't need to actually call them, you can just contact customer service of any country by email.

Edit: read it wrongly. If the target system has the games preinstalled, what`s the issue? The transfer just removes the NNID from the old system and links it to the new one. Doesn't format or overwrite anything on the new system.

It does!

All content on the target Wii U will be lost when the console is formatted and then replaced by the content from the source Wii U, with the exception of Wii Menu content (which will be merged), Internet connection settings, TV settings, Wii U GamePad TV Remote settings, and Wii Remote and Wii U GamePad pairing

Bowl0l

I was asking if the games are actually PREINSTALLED on NEW consoles and weren't just registered on NNIDs on used systems or even just disc copies?
Both games are preinstalled on a new console.

In either case, if they are indeed preinstalled on a brand new system then you can work around this potential issue by first creating a new NNID on the target system which then ties those preinstalled games to that NNID. Then you do the transfer which formats the target system and removes the NNID. After the transfer is done, you can then relink that new NNID that you created with those preinstalled games with the caveat that you'll need to remember that those two are tied to that second NNID. But like I said, this is only a workaround if that scenario even really comes into play.
That's too much of a hassle just for two games. Now preinstalled games on WiiU seems like a punishment instead.

Btw you don't need to actually call them, you can just contact customer service of any country by email.
Noted.

TheMoon

That's too much of a hassle just for two games. Now preinstalled games on WiiU seems like a punishment instead.

How's that a hassle? That's one and a half extra steps. Make a new NNID, do the transfer as you would do anyway, then log back in with that NNID. You never have to switch back and forth since you can play all games downloaded on a system with any account.

Bowl0l

How's that a hassle? That's one and a half extra steps. Make a new NNID, do the transfer as you would do anyway, then log back in with that NNID. You never have to switch back and forth since you can play all games downloaded on a system with any account.
Sorry, I was not serious with that comment.
But I really hope that for the next console, Nintendo allows a NNID to access at least 2 home consoles or handheld.

I would have bought a N3DS XL just to show how supportive I am on that idea and I could have given my sister my 3DS but i bought most of my games in the eshop... A h/held w/out games are just overpriced tech..

GulAtiCa

I believe NoE is off today, I got a dev email saying they were out of office cause they are moving office/server stuff. So you might not get the PR till tomorrow. Though, the PR would have been made in advance, so could still come.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
While I would never downplay Adventures of Pip, which looks fantastic and is backed by yours truly, Mighty No. 9 is probably the more obvious candidate for the next big indie game.

(Both these games and a shit load more on Wii U are also coming to the PS4, some late and some not. I'd complain about the politics of getting Kickstarter to put your game on Wii U and then putting it out first on PS4 but I'd be here all night.)

Does MN9 even have a release date yet?

Selfishingly bumping to ask for more recs! :)
Ah, didn't see this before. So, Wii VC platformers that likely aren't coming to Wii U VC (so Genesis and PCE mainly) and can save... Anyway, I would have bet that you already have most of these so excuse me if some of these recommendations are useless to you!

Monster World IV is one of the great Genesis games and one of the best looking to boot. You've heard me rant on multiple occasions about Dragon's Curse for PC Engine but I'm recommending it once more if you haven't gotten it already. I'm pretty sure you'd like both of these games, specially with how much into Elliot Quest you are right now, and it might be cool to check out some of its inspiration while you're waiting for that patch to hit. Both games can save your progress, since you're so interested in that xP

Like Camjo said (I think it was them? Sorry!), the Bonk games are also nice. I haven't played them all that much but I know they're cool. Legend of Hero Tonma is also on PCE and I like it, although I've never played past the first couple of stages. Pulseman is another cool game by pre-Pokemon Game Freak, as you probably know. Gunstar Heroes and Alien Soldier are not really platformers per se but are really good Genesis games that I can't not recommend, although I don't know if they're your style or what you're looking for. Same with Castlevania Rondo of Blood and Shinobi 3, both excellent, although you're much better off getting the 3DS version of the latter. I'm pretty sure you already have Ristar. That's all I can think of right now that I know are on Virtual Console for Wii. Oh yeah, I know it's not what you asked for at all, but if you got some Wii points left get Bomberman 94 for a life without regrets.

I'm pretty sure most of these don't save but not that many platformers do and, come on, Max, are you so decrepit in your old age that you have to resort to save states to beat a simple platformer now? XD The Wii VC does have a resume option that kinda works like a one use save state, anyway, and I'm sure there are cheats you could use.

Dee Dee

I believe NoE is off today, I got a dev email saying they were out of office cause they are moving office/server stuff. So you might not get the PR till tomorrow. Though, the PR would have been made in advance, so could still come.

What is up with that? How long in advance are sales planned? Can't they prewrite the PR at least a week beforehand and auto-send it?? Come on! Absence of Nintendo PR makes me start into the week sad...

Camjo-Z

Monster World IV is one of the great Genesis games and one of the best looking to boot.

Just wanted to chime in and say that if you're interested in this and have a PS3/360, I'd recommend getting it on one of those systems instead. It's 4 bucks cheaper on PS3, and the 360 version costs a dollar more but you get it in a bundle with two other Monster World games. The non-Wii versions also have save states and other fun bonuses courtesy of M2.

zigg

Wasn't there a link going around that I could redeem game download codes on? My Wii U is in service, and I'd like to grab and redeem one last Club Nintendo reward before it all goes pear-shaped again.

Heavy Fire is not worth it for $1, but Kirby's Triple Deluxe is worth it for $20+ it went for.

Sad to find out that there is a limit on how many Streetpass games you can have 'active' at any one time!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, wasn't Karous included in that "Ultimate Shooting Collection" for Wii along with Radirgy & Chaos Field?

Is that a sequel or some kind of port?

Pokemaniac

So when I scan my Shulk amiibo with this amiibo Tap thing, will it just let me play a demo of some random NES/SNES game? I can't imagine what else it would do, given the only game he's appeared in is definitely too new to be on Virtual Console, let alone NES/SNES.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, they're random. So scanning Mario might not give you a demo of, say, Super Mario World. There's a chance it could give you Kirby's Adventure, perhaps.

Pokemaniac

Yes, they're random. So scanning Mario might not give you a demo of, say, Super Mario World. There's a chance it could give you Kirby's Adventure, perhaps.

Huh, interesting. I thought that it'd at least try to give you a game related to the amiibo you scanned. That's kinda disappointing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My guess is they did that because characters like Sonic, Olimar, Rosalina, Marth, etc. wouldn't be able to have a game specifically tied to them.

Wonder if there'll be a version for the 3DS & they'll switch out SNES for GB/C games.

Pokemaniac

My guess is they did that because characters like Sonic, Olimar, Rosalina, Marth, etc. wouldn't be able to have a game specifically tied to them.

Wonder if there'll be a version for the 3DS & they'll switch out SNES for GB/C games.

Yeah, I suppose there are a lot of characters which are too new/japan-only/not-nintendo to tie VC games to.

A 3DS version would be cool, but I kinda doubt that Nintendo is putting any development resources into anything even vaguely VC-related for 3DS right now. Especially considering that 3DS VC releases appear to have completely stopped in Japan.

Holy shit, it seems ATLUS's sale prices are back up for many titles! All $14.99... finally! Buying ALL of them!

- Code of Princess
- Soul Hackers (So excited for this one!)
- Etrian Odyssey Untold

Also got A-Train today.

Orgen

Still waiting for the EU PR, right? I feel lucky today :D (not counting the Safari Pokemon on Pokemon Shuffle... my god that catch rate! T_T)

JoeM86

Better late than never. This week, in Europe

Wii U
Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 - €8.00 / £7.00

Wii U Virtual Console
Mario Kart Super Circuit - €6.99 / £6.29
Street Gangs (NES - US Version) - €4.99 / £3.49

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Seems quite redundant to put Mario Kart Super Circuit on eshop on the same day with the MK8 DLC. Wouldn't have been much better to have MK VC between DLCs?

Robin64

Holy shit, it seems ATLUS's sale prices are back up for many titles! All $14.99... finally! Buying ALL of them!

- Etrian Odyssey Untold

Man, this is still £34.99 here. :(
I really want it, but not at that price!

(It's about $44 when you take off our tax)

Edit: Street Gangs! Although if it's the US version as they say, it'll be River City Ransom unless they replaced the title screen (and I doubt they did)

Also a Kirby sale!

tolkir

Kirby Weeks
Ahead of the launch of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush for Wii U on 8th May, Nintendo eShop is celebrating the Kirby series with discounts on a selection of Kirby games every week between 23rd April 2015 and 14th May 2015.

Fans of the Kirby series can also look forward to a 10% fan discount on Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush from the game's release on 8th May 2015 until 14th May 2015. If a title from the Kirby series for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS has been downloaded before, Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush can be purchased on Nintendo eShop for just €35.99 / £31.49 instead of the regular price of €39.99 / £34.99.**

**One game from the Kirby series must have previously been downloaded from Nintendo eShop before the purchase of Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush. Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush must be purchased from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U console or with the same Nintendo Network ID linked to the Nintendo 3DS system that the Kirby title was downloaded to.

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Kirby Weeks: Part One (23/04/ 2015 - 30/04/2015)
Kirby's Adventure Wii (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends April 30, regular price €19.99/£17.99)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €3.99/£2.74 (Ends April 30, regular price €7.99/£5.49)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends April 30, regular price €6.99/£6.29)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Kirby Weeks: Part One (23/04/ 2015 - 30/04/2015)
Kirby Fighters Deluxe (Nintendo) - €4.89/£4.39 (Ends April 30, regular price €6.99/£6.29)
Kirby's Dream Land (Nintendo, GB VC) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 30, regular price €3.99/£3.59)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Nintendo, GB VC) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 30, regular price €3.99/£3.59)

Other sales
Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Tetrobot & Co. (Neko Entertainment) - €2.99/£2.19 (Ends April 30, regular price €9.99/£7.49)
Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends May 14, regular price €2.99/£2.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (End May 7, regular price €9.99/£8.99)
KORG DSN-12 (DETUNE) - €14.99/£12.49 (End May 7, regular price €29.99/£24.99)
KORG M01D (DETUNE) - €12.49/£9.99 (End May 7, regular price €24.99/£19.99)
Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends May 21, regular price €2.99/£2.36)
Murder on the Titanic (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 7, regular price €7.99/£5.99)
Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 7, regular price €7.99/£6.99)

Looks like a Kirby week for me! Will likely pick up all 3 titles on Wii U.

Also, would appreciate any impressions on Tetrobot & Co. Healthy discount on that - must be worth 2 quid surely?

Robin64

I'll be nabbing every VC Kirby that I don't already have.

Interestingly, Street Gangs released on the 3DS two years ago (and has single-copy download multiplayer!), and that was the US version too but did have the Street Gangs name and title screen.

zlCfzRd_htM3UXgVRb

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
aww yeah, Animal Crossing MK time! Time to get back in for a while

I mean just listen to this.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wait, wasn't Karous included in that "Ultimate Shooting Collection" for Wii along with Radirgy & Chaos Field?

Is that a sequel or some kind of port?
It is a successor game and a really shitty one at that. It is badly done mini challenges and includes game performance which makes Pokemon XY looks like a masterpiece. Yes lots of slowdown and no 3D (plus it looks fairly bland and bad)...here is a video review, See also these two GAF posts (one) (two).

Oh nice, Karous for 3ds
I'd recommend staying away. (see above)

maxcriden

EU DUDES.

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €3.99/£2.74 (Ends April 30, regular price €7.99/£5.49)

Incredible price for the best kept secret Kirby game. Just look at this gorgeous game in motion.

I mean, it looks better playing it on the system (at least, as part of the Anniversary Collection--which I hope y'all get at some point as an import on the Wii portion of the eShop--but presumably it looks similar on Wii U VC), but you can see it's an absolutely gorgeous game regardless. The game has surprising depths to it between the animal buddies and individual sidequests in each level. There's also a surprising cameo from another Nintendo series and one boss battle in particular really sticks in my mind as heretofore unrepeated in its specific set-up. Lots of awesome stuff in this game!

Looks like a Kirby week for me! Will likely pick up all 3 titles on Wii U.

Also, would appreciate any impressions on Tetrobot & Co. Healthy discount on that - must be worth 2 quid surely?

Tetro's good. Only played a bit but well worth it at that price (and likely worth full price, too).

Top Bottom