• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

Camjo-Z

I took this seriously, and this is what it resulted in. Quite fun so far!

Hooray! (That's actually the one I would have recommended anyway.)

I actually can't get her to spin clockwise no matter what I try. It's always counter-clockwise by default. That confused the hell out of me, I thought he was cheating and trying to make him buy ASA :D (which I would've recommended anyway, despite like KTD a lot)

Behold, the fabled... CLOCKWISE SPIN!

220px-Left_spinning_dancer.gif

Though... between you and me,
I made Kirby clockwise because that's the one I saw by default v__v

zroid

Banned
am I the only one who sees it counter-clockwise naturally? lol

I still haven't been able to rewire my brain to see it clockwise yet either :(

edit: I should have read the previous post

TheMoon

Hooray! (That's actually the one I would have recommended anyway.)

Behold, the fabled... CLOCKWISE SPIN!

220px-Left_spinning_dancer.gif

Though... between you and me,
I made Kirby clockwise because that's the one I saw by default v__v

You broke my brain, now it's clearly clockwise lol.

joedick

sörine;160642246 said:
In memory of Team Top Hat and his jovial NOA hate I've decided to throw together missing VC lists for each region (minus Japan because fuck them and their mountains of VC!). Get pissed about what you don't get.

Interesting, thanks for putting this together!

sörine;160642246 said:
Nintendo World Cup (GB) Arc System Works
Nintendo World Cup (NES) Arc System Works

I'm guessing these won't be coming out, as Nintendo holds a copyright on the NA versions as well as Arc System Works (by way of Technos).

Of course, Nintendo and Arc could work out a deal, but I imagine the return on the game isn't worth the trouble or we would've seen it released by now. But we haven't seen it on Wii, Wii U, or 3DS while more obscure games in the series like Crash 'n' the Boys have been on all three.

maxcriden

Hey sörine! Since you're here--and to anyone else--something a bit fortuitous happened to me this morning. I was looking through the bag o' Wii stuff my Dad brought me to trade into GameStop for cred since they don't use it anymore, and I discovered an unopened 2000 point Wii Shop card! Yay.

So, I was wondering if you still have that post somewhere of underappreciated VC platformer recommendations. If not, I'd definitely be interested in hearing a few (from you or from anyone else here) if you're willing and have time! Thank you!

Selfishingly bumping to ask for more recs! :)

TheMoon

Went on a bit of an eShop shopping spree today in light of Club Nintendo EU stopping registration surveys for eShop titles.
spreet4kru.jpg

I feel clever for picking up Azure Striker Gunvolt now since it came with the free Mighty Gunvolt bonus and thus an extra 50 stars ;D

Interesting note about that: While it still said the code for Mighty Gunvolt would be on the receipt and also appears at the end of the purchasing process, the latter also now featured a simple "redeem" button that allowed you to just click on it and auto-redeem the Mighty Gunvolt code which directly brought you to the first screen of the download process for the title, without having to enter the actual code. This seems to be a new eShop feature which may or may not be EU exclusive.

kulapik

This might not be the place to ask, but I'll do it anyway. I'm getting a New 3DS this week, and I'm debating about what two games should I start my venture with. The ones I'm thinking between are:

Animal Crossing
Omega Ruby (my cousin will lend me X, so this one could wait)
Ocarina of Time (and when I'm done with it Majora, of course)
Monster Hunter
Smash
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem
Fantasy Life

I'm tilting more towards Smash and AC, but what do you guys think?

Etria

This might not be the place to ask, but I'll do it anyway. I'm getting a New 3DS this week, and I'm debating about what two games should I start my venture with. The ones I'm thinking between are:

Animal Crossing
Monster Hunter
Smash
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem
Fantasy Life

I highly recommend Fire Emblem for sure!
Smash 3DS if you don't have a Wii U.

Edit: To elaborate, Fire Emblem: Awakening is a definite choice if you like RPGs, especially strategy RPGs. Bravely Default could be another potential pick as it has amazing battle mechanics.

From your two choices above, maybe you are more inclined towards other genres such as action and simulation type of games? If so, then Ocarina of Time, Monster Hunter, and Fantasy Life may be more up your alley.

I would still say go for Fire Emblem as your first one though :p

BooJoh

Interesting note about that: While it still said the code for Mighty Gunvolt would be on the receipt and also appears at the end of the purchasing process, the latter also now featured a simple "redeem" button that allowed you to just click on it and auto-redeem the Mighty Gunvolt code which directly brought you to the first screen of the download process for the title, without having to enter the actual code. This seems to be a new eShop feature which may or may not be EU exclusive.

I want to say it worked that way when it came out in NA, but I'm not positive. The fact that we haven't seen it before might just boil down to the fact that most "buy one get a code for another" deals are cross-platform while this one is both on 3DS.

Animal Crossing
Monster Hunter
Smash
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem
Fantasy Life

Most of those, especially the ones I've bolded, can easily net you hundreds of hours of playtime. All fantastic choices. The other games on your list are great too, but may not last quite as long depending on how much you get into them and keep playing. I know some people put hundreds of hours into Pokemon and Smash, but that's probably highly dependant on how much multiplayer you play, and a lot of people put a lot of time into FE as well.

kulapik

Hmm, how many of the games that are on that list have demos? Because I might want to try them out before buying them. I tried the smash demo on my cousin's 3DS and I liked it a lot, so that will probably be one of my first games.

Etria

Hmm, how many of the games that are on that list have demos? Because I might want to try them out before buying them. I tried the smash demo on my cousin's 3DS and I liked it a lot, so that will probably be one of my first games.

If I recall correctly, Omega Ruby, Monster Hunter, Smash, Bravely Default, and Fire Emblem all have demos on the eShop.

BooJoh

Demo
Omega Ruby - demo listed separately from the game page on eShop, contains exclusive content that can transfer stuff to the game
Monster Hunter - demo listed separately from game page on the eShop
Smash
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem

No demo
Ocarina of Time
Fantasy Life

kulapik

Demo
Omega Ruby - demo listed separately from the game page on eShop, contains exclusive content that can transfer stuff to the game
Monster Hunter - demo listed separately from game page on the eShop
Smash
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem

No demo
Ocarina of Time
Fantasy Life

Thanks, I'll probably grab Animal Crossing and take a look at the other demos.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The one where you play as a pixel and then it goes 16 bit, right?

It's my next game of course! ;)

No but seriously, He is talking about Adventure of Pip I think it comes out in next few months.

That's May, and wow I forgot how close to May we already are. Fuck this year is flying by.

Also I don't want my previous comment to be taken badly. I hope the Wii U gets as many indies as it can, but I play games on a lot of platforms so really late ports tend to be stuff I've already played else where. :p

Pokemaniac

I want to say it worked that way when it came out in NA, but I'm not positive. The fact that we haven't seen it before might just boil down to the fact that most "buy one get a code for another" deals are cross-platform while this one is both on 3DS.

Most of those, especially the ones I've bolded, can easily net you hundreds of hours of playtime. All fantastic choices. The other games on your list are great too, but may not last quite as long depending on how much you get into them and keep playing. I know some people put hundreds of hours into Pokemon and Smash, but that's probably highly dependant on how much multiplayer you play, and a lot of people put a lot of time into FE as well.

I can confirm that it worked like that for the deal where you got the ORAS demo for buying the Pokemon VC games in NA. Though I couldn't actually redeem the code, since I'd already used one from elsewhere.

Also, my first post on GAF, woo!

Bowl0l

:( so I guess that's a "yes, just buy it" doubt it'll go any cheaper in the upcoming sales?
was hoping to buy a code off the B/S/T :/

and bleh I really hope Nintendoland goes back on the eShop
@gaf, if I perform a transfer from a WiiU to another WiiU with preinstalled game, what will happen to the preinstalled game? That will be a crazy way to get a digital copy of Nintendoland.

jholmes

So what's the next big indie game that isn't a late PS4 port?

While I would never downplay Adventures of Pip, which looks fantastic and is backed by yours truly, Mighty No. 9 is probably the more obvious candidate for the next big indie game.

(Both these games and a shit load more on Wii U are also coming to the PS4, some late and some not. I'd complain about the politics of getting Kickstarter to put your game on Wii U and then putting it out first on PS4 but I'd be here all night.)

Robin64

No Wii game this week (that honour goes to go Sin and Punishment next week) means we could have an interesting VC release. Potentially. Maybe.

TheMoon

In NA you had to enter the code manually. A friend who bought it on his US machine was surprised at there being a button now.

You won't feel so clever once you realize you bought a sidescrolling action game that runs at only 30 fps.

I knew about this and don't really mind.

@gaf, if I perform a transfer from a WiiU to another WiiU with preinstalled game, what will happen to the preinstalled game? That will be a crazy way to get a digital copy of Nintendoland.

Preinstalled games will be absorbed. You lose nothing.

Isn't Paper Mario 64 due this week ?

No. Not in Europe. All further DS/N64 games are "May" in EU. North America gets Paper Mario next week.

TheMoon

I genuinely believe someone at NOE is sick today or got in late and they forgot to prepare the PR ahead of time lol. Hence the "yo, tell social to tweet about Super Circuit to shut people up while I catch a breath!" :)

Demo
Well not really you can get the stone for mega Glalie in-game so it is only really worth playing through if you want a level 40 Glalie whose original trainer is Orlando. Oh and some Pokeballs I suppose if you play through the random and mundane adventures (e.g. beat all the trainers, find a Pokemon that can be in the first tile you walk on)

wilflare

I have no idea how that is gonna workout.
for a 3DSXL to new3DSXL (with MH4 preinstalled), I could simply just re-download the game and have MH4 associated with my account... but gosh :O

---
TheMoon, please call off the assassins... I bought Pikmin 3 and all the DLC

BooJoh

Well not really you can get the stone for mega Glalie in-game so it is only really worth playing through if you want a level 40 Glalie whose original trainer is Orlando. Oh and some Pokeballs I suppose if you play through the random and mundane adventures (e.g. beat all the trainers, find a Pokemon that can be in the first tile you walk on)

I should have been more specific, what I meant by exclusive content was that the scenarios you play are unique to the demo and not part of the full game. Sure they're nothing special, but it's a nice approach to a demo.

TheMoon

Just to confirm, it's the WiiU transferred to (WiiU B) that has preinstalled game.

WiiU A --> WiiU B

Do I get to keep preinstalled games in the WiiU B after the transfer?

Wait, I'm reading the official FAQ now. They don't mention preinstalled games on the target system for some reason, just general data and stuff (which obviously gets deleted). What I told you definitely applies to 3DS. If you buy a brand new Wii U with a preinstalled game, I can't tell you what happens during the transfer. Do you know that you're actually talking about a pre-installed game on a brand new system? Or are you getting one used which has an account from someone else on it? Can you be more specific? Don't most Wii U game bundles come with boxed copies anyway? The WWHD bundle came with a download code you had to enter manually, too.

I suggest just calling them to confirm in any case.

Bowl0l

TheMoon,
It's the target system which has preinstalled games.
There are sellers in Malaysia selling Deluxe WiiU with preinstalled 3D World and Nintendo land.

I am interested to know if anyone did it before.

I don't think i can call since I'm living in Malaysia.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just to confirm, it's the WiiU transferred to (WiiU B) that has preinstalled game.

WiiU A --> WiiU B

Do I get to keep preinstalled games in the WiiU B after the transfer?

Edit: read it wrongly. If the target system has the games preinstalled, what`s the issue? The transfer just removes the NNID from the old system and links it to the new one. Doesn't format or overwrite anything on the new system.

Top Bottom