• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

Robin64

Or play through the game and then replay each stage to do the sidequest to prolong/relish the experience even more ;)

Oh yeah, either way is fine. Just don't ignore them then put down the game down thinking it's done. Like how certain reviewers treated Boxboy recently.

Edit: Urgh, top of the next page. IN SUMMARY, BUY THIS:

latest

maxcriden

Oh yeah, either way is fine. Just don't ignore them then put down the game down thinking it's done. Like how certain reviewers treated Boxboy recently.

Oh, yes, absolutely. Same goes for most Nintendo games, in fact. Much of the challenge always seems to come beyond/after the main story.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Missed chance to add Kirby Canvas Curse now that DS games are on Wii U.

..........well that or Squeak Squad.

maxcriden

Yeah, but it's sloowwwwwww.... and a lot of secret goals are obtuse/incredibly annoying. All in all, it looks great and transformations are good, but it's pretty boring.

Eh, you say slow, I say leisurely paced...you say obtuse and annoying, I say fun to figure out. One man's slower Kirby game is another's beloved gem. :)

Pinball Land, Star Stacker, and Block Ball. Maybe.

Triple Deluxe could, too, as well as Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe and 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure.

Missed chance to add Kirby Canvas Curse now that DS games are on Wii U.

..........well that or Squeak Squad.

Dude. You forgot one of the best Kirby games ever! (and no, not an SNES port)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tilt 'n Tumble? I'm still hoping that happens considering the 3DS has a gyrometer inside, but I wonder if the flipping motion wouldn't cause the top part of the handheld to change angles due to the force making the hinges unlock. Wouldn't be a problem on 2DS, granted.

At least that problem wouldn't happen with WarioWare Twisted, which I wouldn't mind hitting Wii U VC.

Edit: Oh, they can put Kirby 64 on the Wii U VC now as well.

Robin64

Soooo, excluding Japanese exclusives, potentials are, including games currently missing...

3DS

3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
Kirby Fighters Deluxe
Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy)
Kirby's Block Ball (Game Boy)
Kirby's Star Stacker (Game Boy)
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble* (Game Boy Color)

Wii U

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby's Dream Course (SNES)
Kirby Super Star (SNES)
Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64)
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Game Boy Advance)
Kirby and The Amazing Mirror (Game Boy Advance)
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS)
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby Mass Attack (DS)
Kirby's Adventure Wii (Wii)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

* Maaaaybe

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, I forgot about Mass Attack.

......I just couldn't get into that game for some reason. I didn't hate it, but I just have no desire to ever play it again.

maxcriden

Tilt 'n Tumble? I'm still hoping that happens considering the 3DS has a gyrometer inside, but I wonder if the flipping motion wouldn't cause the top part of the handheld to change angles due to the force making the hinges unlock. Wouldn't be a problem on 2DS, granted.

At least that problem wouldn't happen with WarioWare Twisted, which I wouldn't mind hitting Wii U VC.

Edit: Oh, they can put Kirby 64 on the Wii U VC now as well.

......I just couldn't get into that game for some reason. I didn't hate it, but I just have no desire to ever play it again.

Oh, I really want Tilt 'n Tumble on VC.

But yeah, I meant Mass Attack. Sorry to hear you couldn't get into it, it's a real gem with a surprising amount of depth to its levels. And lots of awesome subgames including a Pinball sequel!

Orgen

Soooo, excluding Japanese exclusives, potentials are, including games currently missing...

3DS

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby Fighters Deluxe

Wii U

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby Super Star (SNES)
Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS)
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby Mass Attack (DS)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

* Maaaaybe

Never owned or been a fan of Kirby but I have Paintbrush preordered and I want to give Kirby a chance. Seeing that there's going to be a sale for Kirby games, what would you recommend for the first week for now?

I've been told Kirby Adventure Wii is very good so it's on my list. Max almost convinced me to purchase Dreamland 3 but the slow and obtuse comments... mmmm... I need more convincing! :D

What else should I purchase? And another question, the next 2 weeks I'll be on Thailand wihout access to my Wii U/3DS... any chance I could purchase future Kirby sales? (does the eshop web work for this? I haven't been following the eshop web news, sorry).

The levels are very long, there is slow pace and it does have the "have certain collectibles required to unlock the last world" but mercifully shortcuts are unlocked for replays of levels and I recall the required medals tend to be the easier ones to get. All that said the game does drag on for about 10 levels more than it needs to. When you see a boss rush stage and a repeat of a gimmick level you've already done (the tilting towers) which was a nice one off you know they've run out of ideas (those aren't even the final world). Up until that point it is good though. The minigames are good incentive for medal collecting too.

maxcriden

Never owned or been a fan of Kirby but I have Paintbrush preordered and I want to give Kirby a chance. Seeing that there's going to be a sale for Kirby games, what would you recommend for the first week for now?

I've been told Kirby Adventure Wii is very good so it's on my list. Max almost convinced me to purchase Dreamland 3 but the slow and obtuse comments... mmmm... I need more convincing! :D

What else should I purchase? And another question, the next 2 weeks I'll be on Thailand wihout access to my Wii U/3DS... any chance I could purchase future Kirby sales? (does the eshop web work for this? I haven't been following the eshop web news, sorry).

So, I'd go w/ the Dream Land series in order as a primer for the series. The first two games are pretty short, but a good entree into the main Kirby series.

Kirby typically controls pretty slowly, especially in DL3 and 64. With that said, those games are both awesome. You just have to go in prepared for him to not be that fast-moving. The games are built around his speed or lack thereof so to me it's leisurely paced and plenty challenging (especially if you're going for 100%, and my personal recommendation for all Kirby games would be to do one playthough to beat the game and get a sense of the levels, and another to go for 100% which is in my experience plenty tricky).

Kirby Adventure Wii is one of my all-time favorite Kirby games but I would save it for once you've played some of the less meaty entries in the serties.

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Kirby Weeks: Part One (23/04/ 2015 - 30/04/2015)
Kirby's Adventure Wii (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends April 30, regular price €19.99/£17.99)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €3.99/£2.74 (Ends April 30, regular price €7.99/£5.49)

Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €3.49/£3.14 (Ends April 30, regular price €6.99/£6.29)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Kirby Weeks: Part One (23/04/ 2015 - 30/04/2015)
Kirby Fighters Deluxe (Nintendo) - €4.89/£4.39 (Ends April 30, regular price €6.99/£6.29)
Kirby's Dream Land (Nintendo, GB VC) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 30, regular price €3.99/£3.59)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Nintendo, GB VC) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends April 30, regular price €3.99/£3.59)[/
QUOTE]

How come NOE always does these type of sales events but NOA doesn't?

Yes I know NOA is doing a spring sale, but I'm referring to series sales events.

maxcriden

Yes I know NOA is doing a spring sale, but I'm referring to series sales events.

I'd like those, too. Wanna get 3DW + NSMBU at a discount so I can sell my physical copies. Have either ever been on sale?

Bowl0l

Don't worry. NoA will release N3DS and announce NX the same day. It will beat any sales event.

I'd like those, too. Wanna get 3DW + NSMBU at a discount so I can sell my physical copies. Have either ever been on sale?
3D World was on sale for $40+ this year.

Ondore

3D World went on sale during the Smash Sales last fall. I don't believe NSMU has, but it was an option during the Mario Kart 8 promo.

maxcriden

Don't worry. NoA will release N3DS and announce NX the same day. It will beat any sales event.

3D World was on sale for $40+ this year.

3D World went on sale during the Smash Sales last fall. I don't believe NSMU has, but it was an option during the Mario Kart 8 promo.

Thanks guys. Hopefully either will be available digitally on sale sometime soon again. I would have liked to pick those up sooner, but only got an external HD more recently. (which is incredible, thanks again terry!!)

At plenty of retailers aside from nintendo directly.....I'll never understand why digital is either the same price or more expensive.

Oh, I just meant for digital. Yeah, it is unfortunate.

Those Kirby Dream Land 3 gifs are really cute.

Tried out the Atlus games on sale, some impressions.

Code of Princess, low framerate in 3D mode and prerendered sprites, but it actually looks OK and this game is clearly a love letter to Treasure's Guardian Heroes. Voice acting is surprisingly good. Could have been set in the Berserk universe if it wasnt for the main character design.

Soul Hackers, wow. This is incredible. Neat 3D, classic game with gorgeous art, presentation and music. The localization and voice acting seems great so far. Feels like a dream project to me, considering the Saturn release was kind of obscure.

Etrian Odyssey Untold, this is very close to how I remember EO1, it looks like it has voiced characters, more story exposition and 3D monster designs. The monsters look fine in 3D mode, but the original did not really need all of this. Still, Ill definitely love this..

A-Train, great music and good/enjoyable tutorials for once, I need to put more time into it but it feels like a great package. Makes me want Square Enix to bring back Densha de Go!

Revenge of the Gator, if you like Kirby's Digital Pinball, this is more of the same!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
We are getting an event.

It's just that it is ANOTHER Mega Man event so we all just forgot about it since they've done this already. Plus there already are like a gazillion MM games on the eshop.

Zeeman

I saw someone had a bunch of eshop codes listed for sale cheap on eBay (among download codes for PS4, X1 and PC). Even if their feedback is fine, is there any way the codes were acquired in a non-sketchy way?

maxcriden

I saw someone had a bunch of eshop codes listed for sale cheap on eBay (among download codes for PS4, X1 and PC). Even if their feedback is fine, is there any way the codes were acquired in a non-sketchy way?

Sure, potentially so. PM me the deets and I'll see what I can tell.

We are getting an event.

It's just that it is ANOTHER Mega Man event so we all just forgot about it since they've done this already. Plus there already are like a gazillion MM games on the eshop.

Yeah you're right. Another Mega May. Great. That means little to no other VC will be released.

wilflare

mind sharing the link too - haha could definitely use some of them ^^

maxcriden

mind sharing the link too - haha could definitely use some of them ^^

Just to clarify, I was seriously offering to look into this--I don't plan to buy them, and not to be a bummer but if they are sketchy you might want to be careful of purchasing them too, as it could lead to NNID issues.

Bowl0l

Just to clarify, I was seriously offering to look into this--I don't plan to buy them, and not to be a bummer but if they are sketchy you might want to be careful of purchasing them too, as it could lead to NNID issues.
A banned handheld will be the worst nightmare.

Revenge of the Gator, if you like Kirby's Digital Pinball, this is more of the same!
Hah! When I was a little kid, my neighbor got this and a Game Boy from his mother's German lover. We didn't know what a Pinball was, had no idea whatsoever. I love this game. At the very least, it has one of the best title screens. That choreography!

By the way, Ingueferroque, where does your avatar come from? It looks familiar or like something I might want to check out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The levels are very long, there is slow pace and it does have the "have certain collectibles required to unlock the last world" but mercifully shortcuts are unlocked for replays of levels and I recall the required medals tend to be the easier ones to get. All that said the game does drag on for about 10 levels more than it needs to. When you see a boss rush stage and a repeat of a gimmick level you've already done (the tilting towers) which was a nice one off you know they've run out of ideas (those aren't even the final world). Up until that point it is good though. The minigames are good incentive for medal collecting too.
Oh yeah, the mini-games were easily the best part & perhaps one of the best set of mini-games included in a Kirby game along with Triple Deluxe.

But yeah, I think it was the fact the levels felt like they really dragged at points, especially when you had to go back & recollect medals, is what turned me off from ever replaying it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I already got the SNES Kirby from Club Nintendo, and we also own Triple Deluxe. Plus I have the 3DS Classic as well. Not sure even if there was a Kirby sale that I'd get anything.

Hah! When I was a little kid, my neighbor got this and a Game Boy from his mother's German lover. We didn't know what a Pinball was, had no idea whatsoever. I love this game. At the very least, it has one of the best title screens. That choreography!

By the way, Ingueferroque, where does your avatar come from? It looks familiar or like something I might want to check out.

It is from a little known Amiga game called Amnios. You can read more about it here. It hasn't aged tremendously and was never that good, but I love its vibe and atmosphere.

Those pinball games are really fun on Gameboy! I also got Kirby's Block Breaker but haven't tried it out yet. High hopes!

Chrom

I was on the eShop looking for some other sales. For some reason the sale for Puzzle Monkeys is still live even though it says it's through 4/16. I wonder what happened there.

Besides the Atlus game, other new sales you can find are:

[Wii U] Gravity Badgers - $2.49 thru 4/29 (was $4.99)
[Wii U] Paparazzi - $2.99 thru 4/28 (was $4.99)

And the Lucadian Chronicles DLC is on sale too.

3DS

Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby Fighters Deluxe

Wii U

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby Super Star (SNES)
Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS)
Kirby Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby Mass Attack (DS)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)

* Maaaaybe

That list...

There are way too many Kirby games.

Top Bottom