• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2016

Only bother with Radar Mission if you really, really, REALLY like Battleship.

Heh Battleship is kinda cool... I guess...?
I don't think I like it enough to make this worthwhile though.
The battle scenes did look pretty cool, but I didn't like Steel Diver so probably wouldn't get much out of those either.
Cheers.

Adventure island is a fun sidescroller, avenging spirit is okay but a little short, sword of hope 2 is okay but can get a little boring later on and requires grinding at the end. I haven't played radar mission so I can't comment on that one.
Have you already played kirby's dreamland 2?
Also the vc gamegear games are fun if you haven't played those.

Yeah I've got Kirby. I'm picking up Pokemon finally and Donkey Kong Land 3 and with those I'll have everything I want in terms of the GB.
These games seemed intriguing but you're confirming what I first thought, 'interesting' but nothing great/essential.
I'm sorted for GG too other than Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya which was also on my maybe list. Any good?

maxcriden

Heh Battleship is kinda cool... I guess...?
I don't think I like it enough to make this worthwhile though.
The battle scenes did look pretty cool, but I didn't like Steel Diver so probably wouldn't get much out of those either.
Cheers.

Yeah I've got Kirby. I'm picking up Pokemon finally and Donkey Kong Land 3 and with those I'll have everything I want in terms of the GB.
These games seemed intriguing but you're confirming what I first thought, 'interesting' but nothing great/essential.
I'm sorted for GG too other than Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya which was also on my maybe list. Any good?

If you're a lucky EU-er, you can get Trip World.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trip_World

I wanna play it. ;__;

n64coder

Hmm. Makes me wonder why I'm even going to all the trouble instead of just outright buying it on the eShop but if I did that I guess it'd never be tied to my original Wii account. Hmm.

That's my thought as well. Just buy it on the Wii U eshop. Are you really going to want to fire up the Wii to play this game? It would be better on the Wii U.

Umibozu

Shining force: sword of hajya is a very good strategy game, one of the better gamegear games. You can revive fallen members in town after the battles, so it has that over the older fire emblems. Typical story for an rpg, fun game overall.

If you're a lucky EU-er, you can get Trip World.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trip_World

I wanna play it. ;__;

I bought Trip World when it first came out on VC 4 years ago!
I still haven't played it yet :'(

Shining force: sword of hajya is a very good strategy game, one of the better gamegear games. You can revive fallen members in town after the battles, so it has that over the older fire emblems. Typical story for an rpg, fun game overall.

I'll pick it up, could always do with more GG games.
Thanks for the info :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Android as well, 31.76MB.

....funny to think a Nintendo app of all things might finally get me to upgrade my phone because this awful 1GB storage can't hold anything.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It does, but mine won't allow me to fully put an app on it, just SOME data. Which is stupid considering I bought an 8GB micro SD card for it, but all I can use it for is music.

For example, Miitomo takes 552MB, but it only put 58MB on the SD card. Only a little more than 10% of the data.

Mine's a bit of an cheaper phone as well, so that would explain it.

Pokemaniac

^

Phone doesn't have a SD card port?

Both updates are several days old, by the way.

Android is weird about storing apps. Some phones (particularly older ones) segregate user accessible data and app data into separate partitions. Newer ones tend not to do that, but if moving an app to the SD Card is weird for security reasons. Android 6.0 added a feature to have an SD card replace the internal memory, but that comes with all the disadvantages it sounds like it should have.

TheMoon

So has anyone downloaded Lovely Planet? I'm curious if it actually has Wiimote controls as advertised.

NOE's pages now list all the controllers too. How has nobody in NA bought this yet and can tell us. God damnit, internet. Good for nothing!

L~A

NA:

Virtual Console on Wii U

Game & Watch Gallery 4 – Enjoy classic Game & Watch games in both their original and enhanced formats. Classic mode will take you back in time, while Modern mode improves play control, and adds color and sound effects. Earn in-game stars to unlock more features and even more games within Game & Watch Gallery 4.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Star Fox Zero is available for pre-purchase in Nintendo eShop starting at 9 a.m. PT on April 7. Purchase the digital version of the game in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or at http://starfoxzero.nintendo.com/buy/ and receive an automatic Nintendo eShop discount of $4.99 toward the purchase of the Star Fox Guard game when both games release on April 22. If you pre-purchase Star Fox Zero in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or through Nintendo.com, it will pre-load the game to your system so you’ll be able to play after a small game update when it launches. Be among the first to play!

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Spring into savings on Nintendo eShop with the Super Spring Sale! Save up to 30 percent off select games in Nintendo eShop starting at 9 a.m. PT on April 7 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 21. Remember: Purchasing items from Nintendo eShop is an easy way to earn points for the new My Nintendo rewards program. Just make sure your Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account are linked prior to making a purchase. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/ for more information.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade, Cube Life: Island Survival and more games from Cypronia are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 25.
Astral Breakers is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 14.
Master Reboot is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
Nano Assault Neo is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 28.

New DLC:

Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Map – Anna on the Run – Anna is cornered by thieves! What will her fate be? This new map is available to download in the Fire Emblem Fates game for $1.99. Upon successful completion of this map, Fire Emblem mainstay Anna joins the party.

Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 1 – As a reminder, anyone who owns either the Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest game can purchase Map Pack 1 at the Dragon’s Gate in Chapter 6 of the game for $17.99 to get access to 11 DLC maps plus bonus content as they are released weekly through April 21. Map Pack 1 content is priced at more than $24 when purchased individually.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Disney Frozen
Mickey & Friends
Stitch & Company
Disney The Little Mermaid

Also new this week:

Emojikara: A Clever Emoji Match Game (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Wii U)
Epic Dumpster Bear (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
SUPER ROBO MOUSE (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Doll Fashion Atelier (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm kinda interested to see the "Super Spring Sale", even if for mere curiosity.

Also, remember that you get the coins based on the original price of a game even during discounts.

maxcriden

I'm kinda interested to see the "Super Spring Sale", even if for mere curiosity.

Also, remember that you get the coins based on the original price of a game even during discounts.
Spring into savings on Nintendo eShop with the Super Spring Sale! Save up to 30 percent off select games in Nintendo eShop starting at 9 a.m. PT on April 7 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 21. Remember: Purchasing items from Nintendo eShop is an easy way to earn points for the new My Nintendo rewards program. Just make sure your Nintendo Network ID and Nintendo Account are linked prior to making a purchase. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/ for more information.

I'm curious to see this also.

BTW, though we've been getting actual original price values for gold coins, I'm not expecting that to last forever since the FAQ says otherwise for MyN. So I think it's a mistake, though it's far from trash.

KingWool

Banned
Up to 30% means Metroid Fusion will be 30% off, and anything real good 5-10% off. We hype ourselves up every time Nintendo does a sale and everytime we complain.

Just go into it knowing it'll be crap.

Robin64

Wonder why the new releases in Europe aren't available to buy on the web yet. So much for getting things at work and having them there when I get home. :(

KingWool

Banned
Wii U

Art of Balance – $6.29 (was $8.99)
Badland: Game of the Year Edition – $8.39 (was $11.99)
CastleStorm – $4.99 (was $9.99)
Duck Hunt – $3.49 (was $4.99)
DuckTales Remastered – $4.99 (was $14.99)
Extreme Exorcism – $8.99 (was $12.99)
F-Zero – GP Legend – $4.89 (was $6.99)
Final Fight One – $5.59 (was $7.99)
Konami Krazy Racers – $4.89 (was $6.99)
Mach Rider – $3.49 (was $4.99)
Mario Kart 8 – $41.99 (was $59.99)
Mario Party 10 – $34.99 (was $49.99)
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash – $34.99 (was $49.99)
SteamWorld Dig – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Teslagrad – $9.99 (was $14.99)
Trine Enchanted Edition – $10.49 (was $14.99)
Wii Fit U – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Wii Party U – $28.19 (was $39.99)

3DS

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. – $28.19 (was $39.99)
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Galaga – $3.49 (was $4.99)
Gunman Clive – $1.39 (was $1.99)
Inazuma Eleven – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Kirby’s Dream Land 2 – $2.79 (was $3.99)
LEGO Jurassic World – $13.99 (was $19.99)
The LEGO Movie Videogame – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Mach Rider – $3.49 (was $4.99)
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – $28.19 (was $39.99)
Mario Kart 7 – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Mario Tennis Open – $28.19 (was $39.99)
Mighty Switch Force! 2 – $4.19 (was $5.99)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star – $28.19 (was $39.99)
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream – $3.49 (was $4.99)
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Shin Megami Tensei IV – $13.99 (was $19.99)
SteamWorld Dig – $5.99 (was $8.99)
Story of Seasons – $29.99 (was $39.99)
Super Dodge Ball – $3.49 (was $4.99)
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – $11.99 (was $24.99)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wii U

Kart 8 - $41.99
Mario Party 10 - $34.99
Steamworld Dig - $6.99
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $13.99
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash - $34.99
Teslagrad - $9.99
Duck Hunt - $3.49
Extreme Exorcism - $8.99
Final Fight One - $5.59
BADLAND goty edition - $8.39
F-Zero GP Legend - $4.89
Konami Krazy Racers - $4.89
Mach Rider - $3.49
Ducktales: Remastered - $4.99
Trine - $10.49
Wii Fit U - $20.99
Art of Balance - $6.29

tolkir

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Super Spring Sale! until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 21
  • Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade, Cube Life: Island Survival and more games from Cypronia are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 25.
  • Astral Breakers is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 14.
  • Master Reboot is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
  • Nano Assault Neo is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 28.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Anna on the Run ($1.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Sales

• SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends April 21, normally €8.99/£6.99)
  • Joe’s Diner (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends April 21, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Nano Assault Neo (Shin’en Multimedia) - €7.49/£6.70 (Ends April 28, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • 99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/ £1.34 (Ends May 5, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/ £1.34 (Ends May 5, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends May 5, normally €5.99/£5.39)
  • Master Reboot (Wales Interactive) - €5.99/£4.99 (Ends May 5, normally €11.99/£9.99)
  • Kung Fu FIGHT! (Nostatic Software) - €1.49/£1.11 (Ends July 14, normally €1.99/£1.49)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends April 21, normally €8.99/£7.99)
  • Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends April 21, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends April 21, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.49/£2.99 (Ends April 21, normally €5.99/£5.39)
  • Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €5.59/£3.99 (Ends April 21, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Football Up Online (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends May 5, normally €3.99/£3.59)
  • The Magic Hammer (Wobbly Tooth) - €2.99/£2.99 (Permanent, was €4.99/£4.49)

uxwGK.png

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Ondore

Anyone in Canada that can look up the Wii U sale prices? I got the 3DS ones (Story of Seasons $34.99, CNS $31.49, Mario Kart / P&D / DBZ $24.49, SMTIV $18.49, VLR $15.99, SteamWorld $7.99, Mighty Switch Force $4.80, rest same as the US). Nintendo.ca isn't pulling anything for me.

Madao

so, did they raise prices on the Canada eshop or something? i noticed the Badge Arcade fee is higher now in my 3DS with Canadian NNID.

Needham

Anyone in Canada that can look up the Wii U sale prices? I got the 3DS ones (Story of Seasons $34.99, CNS $31.49, Mario Kart / P&D / DBZ $24.49, SMTIV $18.49, VLR $15.99, SteamWorld $7.99, Mighty Switch Force $4.80, rest same as the US). Nintendo.ca isn't pulling anything for me.

Art of Balance – $6.29 (CAN $6.29)
Badland: Game of the Year Edition – $8.39 (CAN $10.49)
CastleStorm – $4.99 (CAN $4.99)
Duck Hunt – $3.49 (CAN $3.49)
DuckTales Remastered – $4.99 (CAN $4.99)
Extreme Exorcism – $8.99 (CAN $8.99)
F-Zero – GP Legend – $4.89 (CAN $4.89)
Final Fight One – $5.59 (CAN $5.59)
Konami Krazy Racers – $4.89 (CAN $4.89)
Mach Rider – $3.49 (CAN $3.49)
Mario Kart 8 – $41.99 (CAN $45.49)
Mario Party 10 – $34.99 (CAN $41.99)
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash – $34.99 (CAN $45.49)
SteamWorld Dig – $6.99 (CAN $8.99)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – $13.99 (CAN $13.99)
Teslagrad – $9.99 (CAN $9.99)
Trine Enchanted Edition – $10.49 (CAN $10.49)
Wii Fit U – $20.99 (CAN $20.99)
Wii Party U – $28.19 (CAN $31.49)

I wonder how long virtual console games are going to stay the same price?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, random list of VC titles on sale.

Should I bother with GP Legend if I was more into the style of F-Zero GX instead of the SNES version?

Robin64

Weird, still can't buy any of today's EU releases on the web. I figured it would be an automatic switch when the eShop updated, but apparently not!

GulAtiCa

Weird, still can't buy any of today's EU releases on the web. I figured it would be an automatic switch when the eShop updated, but apparently not!

hmm. Have you tried doing a hard refresh on the page (ctrl + F5 if on windows). Basically try clearing your cache. I know Nintendo uses advance caching for at least their North American site. Can only assume similar for UK version/etc. I have to do that a few times on the game detail pages sometimes to get it to go to the live info (like trying to buy a new game right after it comes out)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So for those wondering what makes Final Fight One different from the other ports:

- All 3 characters are available instead of 2
- The missing Industrial Area level from the SNES is put back in
- Dialogue prior to boss battles
- You can unlock the SF Alpha 3 versions of Guy & Cody.
- Enemy placement is more similar to Final Fight Guy, along with power-ups introduced in that game
- More onscreen enemies & transaction sequences compared to SNES version

TheMoon

hmm. Have you tried doing a hard refresh on the page (ctrl + F5 if on windows). Basically try clearing your cache. I know Nintendo uses advance caching for at least their North American site. Can only assume similar for UK version/etc. I have to do that a few times on the game detail pages sometimes to get it to go to the live info (like trying to buy a new game right after it comes out)

Never been on the Chronicles of Teddy page, just went there, still shows "not available." So can't be cache.

Top Bottom