• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2016

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm late on this and I can't vouch for the international versions but in the JP VC release, you can earn exactly enough stars to unlock the credits and then it'll just give you the remaining stars once you watch them.
Ah, okay. It's not a HUGE deal, since it's something you could just quick look up on YouTube, but glad to hear Nintendo thought of that when porting it.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Nintendo) - €24.99/£19.99 (Previously €59.99/£49.99)
Experience the original smash-hit adventure on the NES!

They down-ported Wind Waker to the NES too!
Whoa. Surprised I didn't hear about this.
The pixel ocean must look pretty cool. Does it have the NES VC features I wonder...?

chronomac

This might be the wrong thread for this, but have we gotten any indication from Nintendo on how quickly the My Nintendo rewards will refresh? Is it a monthly thing?

maxcriden

This might be the wrong thread for this, but have we gotten any indication from Nintendo on how quickly the My Nintendo rewards will refresh? Is it a monthly thing?

I expect a rolling refresh based on some of the rewards expiring 5/1 and some expiring in subsequent months.

foltzie1

Fingers crossed on NOA releasing Nintendoland as a digital game again. At $20 I would double dip to get rid of the physical disk.

maxcriden

Fingers crossed on NOA releasing Nintendoland as a digital game again. At $20 I would double dip to get rid of the physical disk.

Same here, exactly. (But I don't know if it counts as a "double dip" if you sell/trade in the physical disc. I think double dippers are people who keep multiple copies.)

GulAtiCa

Are the load times better on the digital version of Lego City Undercover ?

Slightly most likely. But still very very slow. But, you don't see them that often. Great game.

When the Wii U just came out, I did a test of loading of ZombiU with my retail version and digital version. Digitial version loaded like 20% faster.

KingWool

Banned
I'd really love to get Nintendo Land off the eshop here in America. It seems NOA has a habit of removing Nintendo published games.

They also removed the previous Mario & Sonic Olympic game as well.

I'd love to get Lego City discounted too.

maxcriden

I'd really love to get Nintendo Land off the eshop here in America. It seems NOA has a habit of removing Nintendo published games.

They also removed the previous Mario & Sonic Olympic game as well.

I'd love to get Lego City discounted too.

LCU might be the one first party Wii U game that's never been discounted on the eShop. I wonder if it's related to their deal with TT Games.

maxcriden

Hey guys. I'm wondering if you can help me identify my friendly stalker on Miiverse.

WVW69iT06c0Sls88eP

After 10 minutes of playing this game, here's my review and scores.
Nice use of Trilinear Mid Map Interpolation, Graphics: Maxcriden/Neogaf
Uses musical notes, Sound: Terrisus/Neogaf
Unfortunately needs the use of my brain to play, Gameplay: Team Top Hat/Neogaf
While playing this game, I kept thinking aout Neogaf, so overall score: Robin64/Neogaf.[/

I previously mentioned the above review of ZaCaSia. I thought it was amusing and didn't take it as particularly about me, just about the GAF thread.

Their bio reads:

I am a big fan of Neogaf's Nintendo Download threads.

M is not short for Maxcriden.

Thanks to AceBandage for the Wii U hype.

Neogaf Miiverse Art Thread, post #324.
Thanks radioheadrule83.

They recently posted on one of my very few Mario Maker levels.

WVW69i33l6M2e7V9f8

M
02/08/2016 2:50 PM

I give this level a score of maxcriden/Neogaf. :)

--

BTW, he has some hilarious posts.

M
07/25/2013 3:08 PM

1994 Donkey Kong's country house. DK: "I have shortened my name by dropping the jr. Dad, you will have to change your name to avoid confusion. How does Cranky sound?" Cranky Kong: "Seriously?"

WVW69jD7xHgp_mDUMM

M
07/25/2013 3:15 PM

2010. Donkey Kong's House. DK: "Ahh, good to return to the country. Feels like I have been away for years." Diddy Kong: "Hi Donkey, I replaced all your rare treasures with retro furniture."

zlCfzRvnZdE1KgBVII

M
04/05/2014 1:11 PM

Adam: "Permission to crawl has been denied. Any objections lady?" Samus: "I wish I was taking orders from PaulyU instead of you."

zlCfzTT7zRc-Do5g9R

M
05/03/2015 1:33 AM

This castle is laughing out loud!

We know they're British.

--

So, who is this cheeky bloke?

They down-ported Wind Waker to the NES too!
Whoa. Surprised I didn't hear about this.
The pixel ocean must look pretty cool. Does it have the NES VC features I wonder...?

It's been out on 3DS for a while now!

HsccaRk.jpg

You guys got me excited, so I searched for Wind Waker on 3DS, and found nothing. I think it was just a typo though that said NES instead of Wii.

Anyway, I re-downloaded some DSiWare games and their icons replaced some of my launcher badges again. That's a stupid bug. I wonder if it would happen on a New 3DS too.

Also, is Mario Kart 7 worth getting for $20.99 if I plan on playing just single-player? I had Mario Kart 64 back in the day and liked it.

Javier

Also, is Mario Kart 7 worth getting for $20.99 if I plan on playing just single-player? I had Mario Kart 64 back in the day and liked it.
Yes it is. It's not the best game in the series, but it's a great game to have on the go. Online is really smooth too.

PtM

Banned
You guys got me excited, so I searched for Wind Waker on 3DS, and found nothing. I think it was just a typo though that said NES instead of Wii.

Anyway, I re-downloaded some DSiWare games and their icons replaced some of my launcher badges again. That's a stupid bug. I wonder if it would happen on a New 3DS too.

They're joking around, the PR text describes Zelda 1.

Yes it is. It's not the best game in the series, but it's a great game to have on the go. Online is really smooth too.

I don't know why I didn't get it a long time ago. I don't even remember seeing it in stores.

Oh hey, you're the guy who made the file sizes thread... I've been looking at it because I'm running out of space on my 16GB SD card.

You are correct, it is a mistake.

I'm actually thinking of getting NES Zelda 1 (and maybe II) after playing parts of them in the Ultimate NES Remix. I've watched my friends play them in the past and they looked hard, and I thought I would get lost. But now I think I might enjoy them.

maxcriden

Someone was selling a digital code for $10 on a G+ digital movie code forum recently and I lucked out big time. I haven't played it yet but I talked them down to seven fifty. Guessing it came with a bundle and they didn't want it. It was one of the best deals I've come across in a while. :')

Robin64

Seems Yoshi's Story is the 60Hz version after all, despite listing English, French and German. (Still not a good enough reason to get it, though)

Simbabbad

Seems Yoshi's Story is the 60Hz version after all, despite listing English, French and German. (Still not a good enough reason to get it, though)
Well, it is an excellent reason to get it. I was planning on buying it until you said it was 50Hz.

Robin64

To me it marked the start of the bad Yoshi games.

box_ystory_pal.jpg
Yoshis-Universal-Gravitation-Cover-Art.jpg
0003-yoshi-touch-n-go-ds-cover.jpg
616MQCAF11L._SX466_.jpg

But then New Island was pretty good and Woolly World was top tier again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I keep forgetting that GBA Yoshi game exists (& wow, didn't know of that EU title), especially since it was the only other game that had the gyroscope like WarioWare Twisted had.

......speaking of which, I'd gladly replay Twisted if it came to Wii U VC considering the Gamepad has motion controls, but then again, that's a huge controller to do stuff like rotating it 360.

I tried to get into Yoshi's Island DS, but I just could't get past the first world because it wasn't doing it for me & I wasn't fond of the fact you had to beat the stage to actually switch babies.

Top Bottom