• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2015

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
i was positively surprised, as well. going back to the roots as opposed to making another superfluous 3d arena brawler was certainly the way to go

audio was strangely lo-fi, though. seems like they didn't bother to record some fresh voice clips for this.

A lot of demos have lower audio quality than the actual game. Maybe that's the case here as well.

Yeah thats what i am assuming as well, i think the final game will have a better audio quality - at least people didnt mention the low audio quality when import impressions came out.

jholmes

You say that, but...I'm afraid to do research here but I can't say for certain you're right. I figured jholmes didn't mean that sort of fan service, but I just figured better safe than sorry.

The sequel has stuff like Nintendo references and a piano player in the Old West that yells "Yeeeeah boyeeeee!" The original had a couple corny moments but the sequel panders more explicitly. Still worth a play if you like the first StarTropics.

Tizoc

So I've been wondering about something...there are a few games on KS that if funded would release the game on the Wii U, but with Ninty announcing NX as a new console/hardware, what would this mean for games that get funded, have a Wii U ver. but ended up being delayed?
Would Ninty go the extra mile and help such indies release their games on the NX?

Or is it too early to discuss this :X

Ondore

I can think of a few games that will probably come later - Bloodstained, come on down - but it'd be too early to say with any certainty how easy/difficult it would be to port stuff from the Wii U.

Pokemaniac

So I've been wondering about something...there are a few games on KS that if funded would release the game on the Wii U, but with Ninty announcing NX as a new console/hardware, what would this mean for games that get funded, have a Wii U ver. but ended up being delayed?
Would Ninty go the extra mile and help such indies release their games on the NX?

Or is it too early to discuss this :X

Until we know about Nintendo's backwards compatibility plans for NX, I think it might be premature to put too much thought into this. I suspect that Wii U games will be playable on NX in some manner, but the actual method has a big impact on how much developer involvement is required.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If we get an interview Tuesday about 3D Gunstar Heroes, it'll be this week. Sega has been releasing interviews about making the 3D ports on their blog the week of the game's release for each 3D Classic.

jholmes

Wii U will have a good week with Freedom Planet. 3DS not so much, though Garfield Kart might be worth buying for a MST3K treatment.

ef19mGI03yVMm1qfUVfHLTDFBQC-2fBU.jpg

Play as Nermal! I hate Mondays! Lasagna!

Time to sell that copy of Mario Kart 7, guys.

JoeM86

Price Reductions

Wii U
Darksiders II (Nordic Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends August 27, normally €49.99/£39.99)
Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends August 20, normally €6.99/£5.99)
Spot the Differences: Party (Sanuk Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends August 20, normally €5.00/£4.49)
Citizens of Earth (Atlus) - €3.99/£3.35 (Ends August 20, normally €11.99/£9.99)

3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Atlus) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends August 20, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2012 (Avanquest) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends September 3, normally €10.99/£9.99)
Hotel Transylvania (Avanquest) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends September 3, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Doodle Jump Adventures (Avanquest) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends September 3, normally €24.99/£19.99)
Excave II: Wizard of the Underworld (Bergsala Lightweight) - €5.00/£4.50 (August 20, normally €10.00/£8.99)
Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia) - €7.49/£6.35 (Ends September 3, normally €9.99/£8.49)
Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages (Sanuk Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends August 20, normally €4.99/£4.49)

TheMoon

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Mega Man & Bass (Capcom, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29
Mega Man and his nemesis Bass put old rivalries aside and team up to take down a new threat. King, a robot built by Dr. Wily, has now turned on its creator and plans to build its own indestructible robot army. Play as either Mega Man or Bass, each with their own unique skills like Mega Man’s charge shots or Bass’s multi-directional firing. Traverse treacherous terrain, defeat new Robot Masters, and hunt down hidden CDs that unlock data about your favourite characters from the Mega Man universe.

Special offers
Darksiders II (Nordic Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends August 27, normally €49.99/£39.99)
Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends August 20, normally €6.99/£5.99)
Spot the Differences: Party (Sanuk Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends August 20, normally €5.00/£4.49)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

I Love My Dogs Demo (Bigben Interactive) - Free
Become a best friend to animals by taking in abandoned puppies. Look after them every day so they flourish with their new family: feed them, pat them, train them, groom them and play with them. Discover the town around you: take them for walks in the park, enter competitions on the beach and buy new toys and accessories for them at the market. Change the way they look with a wide range of accessories. 8 dog breeds to choose from: Dalmatian, Husky, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd, Australian Kelpie, Beagle, Border Collie, Brittany Spaniel; 21 activities for playing and training your puppies.

Special offers
Shin Megami Tensei IV (Atlus) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends August 20, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2012 (Avanquest) - €1.99/£1.99 (Ends September 3, normally €10.99/£9.99)
Hotel Transylvania (Avanquest) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends September 3, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Doodle Jump Adventures (Avanquest) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends September 3, normally €24.99/£19.99)
Excave II: Wizard of the Underworld (Bergsala Lightweight) - €5.00/£4.50 (August 20, normally €10.00/£8.99)
Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia) - €7.49/£6.35 (Ends September 3, normally €9.99/£8.49)
Talking Phrasebook - 7 Languages (Sanuk Games) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends August 20, normally €4.99/£4.49)

Darksiders II on sale ...just in time to remind us we won't get an update for that version while the other systems get a fancy new port.

edit: beaten of course because I had to add my snarky comment :D

maxcriden

Ittle Dew sequel coming to PC, no word on Wii U yet:

300003-ittledewtew2.png

Ittle Dew 2 (Tew) will be coming to the PC, but we don't have a release date yet. The main goal in the sequel is to "steal eight pieces of a raft from increasingly improbable locations including beaches, prairies, an art exhibit and some dude's basement," which I can get behind. The graphics have been overhauled from 2D to 3D but still retain the hand-drawn look. Lookin' good.

http://www.destructoid.com/ittle-de...nately-not-spelled-ittle-dew-tew-300003.phtml

--

In other news, Final Fantasy XIV could come to NX:

Coming from Producer Naoki Yoshida...

- waiting to know when the console will be released
- Square Enix needs to talk to Nintendo as well about the policies about cross-platform gameplay on the NX b
- discussions are yet to start on this topic
- once all this is figured out, a port could happen

Via GoNintendo (http://gonintendo.com/stories/240205-final-fantasy-xiv-could-see-release-on-nx) and a banned site.

maxcriden

Fun fact: they still haven't bothered to put the first one out in Germany because they apparently still can't afford the USK fee.

That money had to go to fund a semi-3/4 view game instead. This will require them to provide a peripheral to all gamers, a neck brace for players constantly craning their necks to try to see "over" the characters. Please understand.

Tizoc

I have citizens of Earth on my PSVita (and I think PS4 since its crossbuy?) But apparently its based on the 3DS ver. should I grab the 3DS ver. on sale or just stick to what I got?
Latest Vita update knocked the game's size to like 3-4 GB ToT

GulAtiCa

Maybe surprise release this week?

At least next week's NoE DL for Wii U won't be sparse ;)
Been told my game's launch sale is going to be promoted!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BAH, I figured 3D Gunstar Heroes would've been this week. Sega realized I was predicting the next 3 games after Wave 2's release, so decided to NOT make them happen.

Though yeah, wow, very scarce week for EU. I only know for the US from the shovelware, we should be getting another "classic game for hardcore gamers" VC title or two.

Edit: Actually, when WAS the last Nintendo Direct? I know there was that mini one from June 1st, & before that, it was the Splatoon one on May 7th. Kind of due for one this month or next month, especially considering all the games coming out later this year.

jmizzal

BAH, I figured 3D Gunstar Heroes would've been this week. Sega realized I was predicting the next 3 games after Wave 2's release, so decided to NOT make them happen.

Though yeah, wow, very scarce week for EU. I only know for the US from the shovelware, we should be getting another "classic game for hardcore gamers" VC title or two.

Edit: Actually, when WAS the last Nintendo Direct? I know there was that mini one from June 1st, & before that, it was the Splatoon one on May 7th. Kind of due for one this month or next month, especially considering all the games coming out later this year.

Should be one this month, I would hope we can get full release dates for the fall lineup, I dont know why Nintendo always wait so late to give out release dates.

Star Fox
Devils Third NA
Mario Tennis
Fatal Frame NA
Animal Crossing

None of those have release dates

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
We also need more details on that Xenoblade Chronicles X LE we're getting, plus EU has the Mewtwo amiibo confirmed for Oct. so guessing we should hear of him & the Falco amiibo as well.

MrV4ltor

So any thoughts on Runbow and its huge cast of indie characters? I figure this thread could appreciate it.
They're a nice addition imo and some, like Unity Chan, are really unexpected. I'm honestly really proud of how far 13am Games has come and how the game has improved over time.

MrV4ltor

List of games coming out on the eShop over the next few weeks with prices (Sorry that they're not in the right order, just made this really quickly in Word lol):

hqRjuYZ.png

Javier

Don't forget August is "Hardcore Month" so we know there are at least two Virtual Console games coming.

Surprise me, Nintendo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, Mario is Missing & Mario's Time Machine, the hardest of cores for the biggest of gamers!

GulAtiCa

but why does the thread title say "August 20" then? That's super confusing.

Yeah little weird. If they don't have it fixed as of this moment, Aug 20th might end up getting delayed again.

If they get the patch in soon, Nintendo will fast-press the patch to get it ready by Aug 20th.

Top Bottom