• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

SerTapTap

Sonic Boom demo on Wii U has 8 plays.

...........probably the only time I don't feel like complaining about a low play limit amount....

& NO, you can't use the Knuckles jumping glitch. I tried.

wow not gonna bother. They should be smart about this, that's seriously almost the only reason I want to buy the game (at a very cheap price)

From what I got out of the interview it seems like they treated the port like a side project and just got tired of working on it and just decided to release the thing.

I bought it.

Sorta pissed that I did. How in the fuck is there no off-screen play? Like, I was excited because I liked the Xbox game and figured it would be great for off-screen play as a time sink at work.

Should have just bought Tengami instead. It was down between the two...

TheMoon

I bought it.

Sorta pissed that I did. How in the fuck is there no off-screen play? Like, I was excited because I liked the Xbox game and figured it would be great for off-screen play as a time sink at work.

Should have just bought Tengami instead. It was down between the two...

The store page lists those features. Read before you buy.

TheMoon

I still find it inexcusable.

To my knowledge, the game displays on the gamepad by default...and the second screen isn't used in any meaningful way.

Sure it's inexcusable. But you should not just expect a feature that isn't a default to be there when the info is on the store page! Avoiding the regret and frustration is possible.

Experien

End of the year the DDP ends...time to rack up on some games.

I am going to pick up The Fall but wondering if there are any other Wii U eShop action games that everyone should have on their console.

TheMoon

I am going to pick up The Fall but wondering if there are any other Wii U eShop action games that everyone should have on their console.

Knowing which ones you have would help.

For now: buy Scram Kitty. GOTY.

GulAtiCa

Got a solution!
BuWGgk.jpeg

Experien

Knowing which ones you have would help.

For now: buy Scram Kitty. GOTY.

I'm so silly...was hoping to phrase it like generic for all. Anyways, these are my games in three categories:

-LOVED-
Nano Assault
UnEpic
How to Survive
Kung Fu Rabbit
Spin the Bottle

-EH-
MSFHD (already owned it on 3DS)
NES Remix

-HATED-
Scram Kitty

I already own SteamWorld Dig and Shovel Knight on 3DS so I'm not going to rebuy them. And I didn't include retail/VC games but I don't have many VC and would only be intrigued by non-Nintendo VC titles (still have the cards of the ones on there).

TheMoon

I'm so silly...was hoping to phrase it like generic for all. Anyways, these are my games in three categories:

-LOVED-
Nano Assault
UnEpic
How to Survive
Kung Fu Rabbit
Spin the Bottle

-EH-
MSFHD (already owned it on 3DS)
NES Remix

-HATED-
Scram Kitty

I already own SteamWorld Dig and Shovel Knight on 3DS so I'm not going to rebuy them. And I didn't include retail/VC games but I don't have many VC and would only be intrigued by non-Nintendo VC titles (still have the cards of the ones on there).

Welcome to my ignore list!
j/k

Get:
Knytt Underground
The Swapper
Lone Survivor DC
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
Toki Tori 2+
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Pullblox/Pushmo World

GulAtiCa

Just started playing Thomas Was Alone, man that game is so much fun! Love the puzzle and pseudo commentary to the game. (and the real commentary too)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm waiting until the last moment to go crazy on the Wii U eshop, picking and choosing from stuff that goes on sale. Going to spend around 150 on stuff I hadn't previously planned to purchase (So Captain Toad and FE7 didn't count against it)

GulAtiCa

I'm essentially doing the same. Waiting till last week to buy any games I'm missing at full price. Else, looking each week at the sales.

Think only think I'll likely buy (besides new games), is VC games I've missed so far.

Experien

I'm waiting until the last moment to go crazy on the Wii U eshop, picking and choosing from stuff that goes on sale. Going to spend around 150 on stuff I hadn't previously planned to purchase (So Captain Toad and FE7 didn't count against it)

You know that the DDP deal that ends at the end of this month is just the purchasing on eShop right?

Earn points on all digital purchases made through Dec 2014.
Exchange points to receive activation codes by Mar 2015.

Once you exchange the points and enter codes on your Wii U, you are golden. No expiration on that credit!

All this unless I misunderstood your "...going to spend around 150 on stuff..."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep.

Basically I got 200 bucks in cheap eshop points from Best Buy. After taking out what Captain Toad and Fire Emblem GBA cost I intend to spend the rest, (Around 150 bucks) on the eshop before the end of this month to get three more DDP credits. The stuff I intend to buy are games that I wouldn't get otherwise and I am waiting for the best prices I can find in the next three weeks. Not much on sale this one. Likely a vast portion of it is going to VC games I overlooked this year but if something else odd that I wouldn't hate to have digital goes on sale like Deus Ex or Ken's Rage 2 or TTT2 or something like that I'll pick it up. Also titles like Pier Solar.

The actual DDP credit will likely be spent on something like Ace Attorney collection or MH4U next year. Maybe Shantae.

maxcriden

Just started playing Thomas Was Alone, man that game is so much fun! Love the puzzle and pseudo commentary to the game. (and the real commentary too)

I've been really impressed with the game, too. Very clever narration and a fun, unique experience. Really compelling and unusual game.

-HATED-
Scram Kitty

So glad to see a fellow Kung Fu Rabbit fan, but sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Scram Kitty. Did you try it again after the patch?

Experien

Yep.

Basically I got 200 bucks in cheap eshop points from Best Buy. After taking out what Captain Toad and Fire Emblem GBA cost I intend to spend the rest, (Around 150 bucks) on the eshop before the end of this month to get three more DDP credits. The stuff I intend to buy are games that I wouldn't get otherwise and I am waiting for the best prices I can find in the next three weeks. Not much on sale this one. Likely a vast portion of it is going to VC games I overlooked this year but if something else odd that I wouldn't hate to have digital goes on sale like Deus Ex or Ken's Rage 2 or TTT2 or something like that I'll pick it up. Also titles like Pier Solar.

The actual DDP credit will likely be spent on something like Ace Attorney collection or MH4U next year. Maybe Shantae.

You want to spend $150 so you can ultimately get $15? I'm sure there is some stuff to buy but you going to force yourself to buy games?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You want to spend $150 so you can ultimately get $15? I'm sure there is some stuff to buy but you going to force yourself to buy games?

Force is the wrong word really.

It's more of a hey, I don't really like the price or feel that I need it right now type of game that because of the 15% off eshop credit and the 10% back on DDP I am going to pick up because why not?

The GBA Castlevania games are like this. Pier Solar is like this, interested but not super interested. That F2P card game next week, if it's good, will get the 8 bucks to unlock everything. I'd love to replace TTT2 (which I got for 18 on disk) with a digital version if it went on sale. Deus Ex is another game I'd love to get digitally but its hard when I could go to the bargian bin and get it for 12 when it's full price on the store.

Plenty of other VC games I've never ever considered but would like to give a chance to. And I am going to, this month. Most of my video game purchases are carefully considered and weighed for months if not years so this is a chance to try some new things.

Experien

So glad to see a fellow Kung Fu Rabbit fan, but sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Scram Kitty. Did you try it again after the patch?

I bought it when it went on sale, I am pretty sure it was post-patch

Force is the wrong word really.

It's more of a hey, I don't really like the price or feel that I need it right now type of game that because of the 15% off eshop credit and the 10% back on DDP I am going to pick up because why not?

The GBA Castlevania games are like this. Pier Solar is like this, interested but not super interested. That F2P card game next week, if it's good, will get the 8 bucks to unlock everything. I'd love to replace TTT2 (which I got for 18 on disk) with a digital version if it went on sale. Deus Ex is another game I'd love to get digitally but its hard when I could go to the bargian bin and get it for 12 when it's full price on the store.

Plenty of other VC games I've never ever considered but would like to give a chance to. And I am going to, this month. Most of my video game purchases are carefully considered and weighed for months if not years so this is a chance to try some new things.

How big of an external HDD do you have? :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2 TB.

I have 1.5 something of it left.

Probably never going to fill it up. Even the biggest games are under 20GB so far.

This is kind of old news but I didn't see it in the November thread so I'm repeating it for visibility purposes. Tetris is being removed the EU eShop:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ds_to_be_removed_from_the_3ds_eshop_in_europe
NOA have not announced anything but they never do.

A thread was made about it a while ago...

2 TB.

I have 1.5 something of it left.

Probably never going to fill it up. Even the biggest games are under 20GB so far.
Interesting...I just ordered a 500GB hard drive thinking that was more than enough (and it was hard to find something that "small"). Perhaps it might end up being a bit more fine that I thought.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only really big games I don't own are Ken's Rage 2 and TTT2.

Captain Toad for example is barely larger than the Sonic Boom Demo.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I've been really impressed with the game, too. Very clever narration and a fun, unique experience. Really compelling and unusual game.

Count me in as another Thomas Was Alone fan. It also helps that the narration is done by a pretty well-known British comedian, so hearing his voice in a game is a surreal experience.

Experien

This is kind of old news but I didn't see it in the November thread so I'm repeating it for visibility purposes. Tetris is being removed the EU eShop:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ds_to_be_removed_from_the_3ds_eshop_in_europe

Interesting...I just ordered a 500GB hard drive thinking that was more than enough (and it was hard to find something that "small"). Perhaps it might end up being a bit more fine that I thought.

My largest game on my Wii U is LEGO Hobbit and that is about 7ish GB. But there are games like LEGO City Undercover which are 19GB. That is on the high end though.

zroid

Banned
Count me in as another Thomas Was Alone fan. It also helps that the narration is done by a pretty well-known British comedian, so hearing his voice in a game is a surreal experience.

I played it on Vita a few months ago... definitely enjoyed it with the caveat that I found some of the stages to be pretty tedious due to individually moving like 5 dudes a fair distance. Gets kind of repetitive and boring. That's the point where the puzzle turns into a chore. I still highly recommend it, just want to warn folks.

donny2112

Yeah, already have Tetris GB and Tetris Axis (the $10 one) downloaded. It'll probably be like Tetris DS where Nintendo only had the license for a short time, so would cease being able to sell it after a while.

zroid

Banned
Kind of an interesting note:

due to the way pricing works in Canadia, the NES Remix retail bundle costs $2 more than buying the two games from the eShop.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
and to think I was trying to curb my game purchasing next year, the Wii U's catalog is going to be too strong if all of these titles actually hit. I guess there is always 2016.

On the bright side there's only...six or seven announced or likely to be announced games on the 3DS so far! That's down quite a bit from what I had looking at me this year or the wallet nightmare that was 2013.

zroid

Banned
I have pretty much got every 2015 Wii U game pre-ordered already, most of them for significantly less than MSRP :lol

makes it a little easier to stomach... of course then they'll go and announce a bunch of new stuff at E3 and my wallet will cry all over again

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've pretty much gone all digital so besides random eshop card sales my discounts will go down significantly with no DDP anymore.

Funny thing is the year DDP ends just happens to be the year where Nintendo has one game every other month or so worth owning on the Wii U...

It's still mind bloggling that both Smash games hit their target release date, a main Zelda game is coming with ZERO delays, everything announced at E3 2014 or before is coming out next year. I figured 2015 would be the year I finally get a PS4 because the games I wanted were on there instead but that seems to be something I can put off another year at this point.

Kirby, Yoshi, Splatoon, Star Fox, Mario Maker, Xenoblade, Zelda. Hell I'm even starting to come around on Devil's Third for no good reason! That's just announced for 2015 and all of them are seemingly on schedule. Way more than I expected from this thing for this year.

jholmes

Holy crap, the last Mega Man 7 boss is hard...

Stick with it and don't use any tanks until his second form and you'll at least brute force it. The first form is easy once you get things down and Slash Man is the only truly hard guy in the boss rush so focus on beating him without a tank.

It's tough but not impossible, so don't give up!

cacildo

Just a reminder: theres still a new set of club nintendo montly game rewards before they years end.

why am i mentioning this? because they still count for ddp (they do, dont they?)

so we still have one more chance to get vegas stakes or urban champion or vegas champion and have the price added to the ddp count

tebunker

Banned
wow not gonna bother. They should be smart about this, that's seriously almost the only reason I want to buy the game (at a very cheap price)

Not gonna lie I downloaded the demo and didn't think it was horrid. It wasn't good, but it wasn't worst creation ever.

It really seems like the game was hung up on a couple things, first an unrealistic deadline, getting crytek to work well on WiiU, and lastly the game is hampered by the Sonic franchise and all that it brings. Honestly I think with enough time and polish and no license it could have been a good Jak and Daxter / Ratchet and Clank style game. The base is there the studio just needs the time and the right publisher.

I mean if Nintendo was directing BRB that game probably would not have come out in that form, and honestly BRB would probably thrive under some Nintendo tutelage.

Time to look into setting up a second NNID then.

Fucking hell..
Legend of the Dark Witch is a 3DS game. You're not going to be playing it on the same 3DS system as the one with the German NNID because a 3DS can only support only one NNID to be active at one time and formatting is the only way to change this (formatting means losing all save progress and access to any games owned by that NNID of course).

Were you not to have bothered with an NNID at all you would able to change countries freely and just buy it from Ireland or something. Hope you enjoyed the demos/steel diver sub wars and Miiverse.

daydream

Banned
Legend of the Dark Witch is a 3DS game. You're not going to be playing it on the same 3DS system as the one with the German NNID because a 3DS can only support only one NNID to be active at one time and formatting is the only way to change this (formatting means losing all save progress and access to any games owned by that NNID of course).

Were you not to have bothered with an NNID at all you would able to change countries freely and just buy it from Ireland or something. Hope you enjoyed the demos/steel diver sub wars and Miiverse.

So I have no way of playing the game right now. Just great. Let's hope they're still figuring out USK and it's coming.

Sorry, unavailability of games gets me riled up like nothing else.

also

Banned
Shovel Knight is coming to PS3, PS4 and Vita next year with exclusive content; they showed Kratos in the trailer.
There goes any interest I had in buying the game before the DDP ended. Platform exclusive content is bullshit!

jholmes

Shovel Knight is coming to PS3, PS4 and Vita next year with exclusive content; they showed Kratos in the trailer.
There goes any interest I had in buying the game before the DDP ended. Platform exclusive content is bullshit!

It has exclusive Miiverse and Streetpass stuff on Wii U and 3DS. But by all means if you feel that way let Yacht Club know that so they get the message.

zroid

Banned
Maybe the Nintendo versions will get a Hylian Knight update or something? Who knows.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on a video shown at a PlayStation event.

Top Bottom