• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

SerTapTap

No doubt Half Genie Hero is going to be absolutely gorgeous judging by the HD assets I've seen and the way MSF1 looks on Wii U. I have a soft spot for pixel graphics, but I can appreciate the HD stuff too, and thankfully WayForward is giving us the best of both worlds with Pirate's Curse and Half Genie Hero.

Pirate's Curse looks great but reuses a ton of assets from Risky's Revenge, including almost all of Shantae's sprites, everyone in scuttle town, quite a few common enemies. They're good, but it's kinda disappointing. So hyped for Half Genie Hero, MSF HD had awesome artwork and Mariel from Skullgirls is working on it!

Chrom

NOA just posted on Twitter that Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) is 25% off until 1/5. Right now it doesn't seem to be live, though.

Edit: Tweet deleted. Maybe another time.

Live in NA, most noteworthy a Capcom games sale:

[3DS] Balloon Pop Remix - $1.99 thru 1/31 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Big Hero 6 Battle in the Sky - $19.99 thru 1/20 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Coaster Creator 3D - $6.99 thru 1/8 (was $9.99)
[3DS] Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest - $19.99 thru 1/20 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Johnny Hotshot - $1.99 thru 1/31 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Johnny Impossible - $1.99 thru 1/31 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Johnny Kung Fu - $1.99 thru 1/31 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $15.99 thru 1/2 (was $39.99)
[3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies - $22.49 thru 1/2 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $7.99 thru 1/2 (was $19.99)
[3DS] Resident Evil Revelations - $8.99 thru 1/2 (was $19.99)
[3DS] Retro City Rampage DX - $7.99 thru 1/5 (was $9.99)
[3DS] Samurai Sword Destiny - $1.99 thru 1/31 (was $5.99)
[3DS] Smash Bowling 3D - $2.99 thru 1/8 (was $4.99)
[3DS] Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - $7.99 thru 1/2 (was $19.99)
[3DS] Thorium Wars - $4.99 thru 1/8 (was $7.99)
[3DS] Zombie Slayer Ziox - $1.99 thru 1/31 (was $5.99)
[Wii U] Arrow Time U - $0.99 thru 1/15 (was $1.99)
[Wii U] DuckTales: Remastered - $6.75 thru 1/2 (was $14.99)
[Wii U] Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $5.99 thru 1/2 (was $14.99)
[Wii U] GetClose - $2.99 thru 1/2 (was $4.99)
[Wii U] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $15.99 thru 1/2 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 thru 1/15 (was $7.99)
[Wii U] Resident Evil Revelations - $15.99 thru 1/2 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Shuttle Rush - $3.99 thru 1/16 (was $7.99)
[Wii U] Xavier - $2.49 thru 1/8 (was $4.99)

Just for information, where can I get the informations on EU sales? Like the one you posted

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Question about Pirate's Curse & Risky's Revenge. If I didn't enjoy having no idea where I was suppose to go in the original GBC game, would I still like the sequels?

BooJoh

Question about Pirate's Curse & Risky's Revenge. If I didn't enjoy having no idea where I was suppose to go in the original GBC game, would I still like the sequels?

The short answer: yes!

I used a walkthrough for the GBC game because navigating the game world was a nightmare. Risky's Revenge has a poorly made but usable map. Pirate's Curse has a hub world and standard Metroid/Castlevania style map.

I liked the original Shantae mainly for the combat and the story, but I loved RR and I'm loving Pirate's Curse even more, and each game is easier than the last from a navigation standpoint.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ahh, good. I didn't get very far in the original because it was just like "OKAY TIME TO LEAVE THE VILLAGE, GOOD LUCK FIGURING OUT WHERE YOU GOTTA GO NEXT!!" and it just got to the point I had to quit. Maybe if Pirate's Curse hits $10, I'll get it someday.

Chrom

Just for information, where can I get the informations on EU sales? Like the one you posted

I always pull the latest sales straight out of the eShops themselves (although NOA has recently been doing a good job of posting the same info on this page too, not sure if there's a Euro equivalent). Unfortunately I can't be anywhere near as helpful with sharing sales from other regions, so I honestly think your best bet is to hope that others on GAF (this thread or otherwise) can post them.

TheMoon

I always pull the latest sales straight out of the eShops themselves (although NOA has recently been doing a good job of posting the same info on this page too, not sure if there's a Euro equivalent). Unfortunately I can't be anywhere near as helpful with sharing sales from other regions, so I honestly think your best bet is to hope that others on GAF (this thread or otherwise) can post them.

NOE does not have a website listing of the sales. There are also no daily updated sales as NA seems to have going this week. There is just the weekly PR which came out on Monday. What's on sale in Europe can be found in this thread, just a few pages ago in the weekly summary.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I did buy it. Archaic cumbersome mechanics put me off, sadly.
This, and the fact it felt it was stressing multiplayer over single player put me off. At least something like SSB, which is tons more fun with multiplayer, is still fun in single player.

SerTapTap

Ahh, good. I didn't get very far in the original because it was just like "OKAY TIME TO LEAVE THE VILLAGE, GOOD LUCK FIGURING OUT WHERE YOU GOTTA GO NEXT!!" and it just got to the point I had to quit. Maybe if Pirate's Curse hits $10, I'll get it someday.

Almost impossible to get lost in Pirate's Curse, worlds are all totally isolated and you very rarely have to travel to another island before continuing with the most recent one (if you do it's usually a quick trip back to the main town). It's only "metroidvania" in the way that Metroid Fusion is before the point where you can break into different sections.

also

Banned
I did buy it. Archaic cumbersome mechanics put me off, sadly.
Any examples?
The beginning is really rough due to the controls being different from most action games and the lack of good tutorials but once it clicks it's an amazing game.

This, and the fact it felt it was stressing multiplayer over single player put me off. At least something like SSB, which is tons more fun with multiplayer, is still fun in single player.

I spent over a hundred hours playing nothing but single player and it was great fun. The multiplayer quests take longer to solo but that just makes the satisfaction of prevailing greater.

Boogiepop

Okay, after my splurging yesterday, I was at a point where I need 197 more points for a final extra code. Digging around a little I realized I missed grabbing NES Remix 2, so that was another $14.99 spent. So I should realistically be looking for something for $5 now, yeah? (Don't need recommendations right now as I already have a lot of stuff, though I may ask about some specific titles later when I narrow things down a little).

daydream

Banned
everyone buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

gameplay perfection.

I've been looking to get into the game. Gotta find a coop partner who's also just now getting into it first, though (an advanced player would prolly get bored quickly with the early missions, I reckon).

Experien

Visiting mom in Florida, her target has the Wii U with Mario & NintendoLand installed...the temptation! Be worse of a temptation if it was DL voucher.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Almost impossible to get lost in Pirate's Curse, worlds are all totally isolated and you very rarely have to travel to another island before continuing with the most recent one (if you do it's usually a quick trip back to the main town). It's only "metroidvania" in the way that Metroid Fusion is before the point where you can break into different sections.
Ah, okay. I actually kind of liked the way Fusion was structured. It still gave a sense of exploration, but it was made easier to backtrack & such, plus knowing which areas you should visit first so you don't fall into the trap of going someplace you're not ready to visit yet.

I spent over a hundred hours playing nothing but single player and it was great fun. The multiplayer quests take longer to solo but that just makes the satisfaction of prevailing greater.
I think the fact it can be quite a timesink is another reason why I couldn't get into it. It's just one of those games that doesn't "click" with me.

Boogiepop

Okay, after my splurging yesterday, I was at a point where I need 197 more points for a final extra code. Digging around a little I realized I missed grabbing NES Remix 2, so that was another $14.99 spent. So I should realistically be looking for something for $5 now, yeah? (Don't need recommendations right now as I already have a lot of stuff, though I may ask about some specific titles later when I narrow things down a little).

Just following up on this: Looks like my best option is to just say screw it and grab Gargoyle's Quest on WiiU, rather than 3DS like I wanted (guess Demon's Crest is already there so it's not a huge deal). Only other thing to confirm is that Mario Pinball Land is in fact totally not worth the money. I've always been kind of curious about it, but the general word seems to be that it's crap.

maxcriden

Just following up on this: Looks like my best option is to just say screw it and grab Gargoyle's Quest on WiiU, rather than 3DS like I wanted (guess Demon's Crest is already there so it's not a huge deal). Only other thing to confirm is that Mario Pinball Land is in fact totally not worth the money. I've always been kind of curious about it, but the general word seems to be that it's crap.

I'd say wait and get GQ on the platform you want; surely there's a Wii U exclusive you'd like but don't have yet?

Boogiepop

I'd say wait and get GQ on the platform you want; surely there's a Wii U exclusive you'd like but don't have yet?

I already splurged pretty hard yesterday, so actually honestly not really. I've double checked the VC and pulled a search of everything in the $5 range, plus discounts and best sellers, and this is pretty much the least wasteful way to get a final $5 out of the ddp.

maxcriden

I already splurged pretty hard yesterday, so actually honestly not really. I've double checked the VC and pulled a search of everything in the $5 range, plus discounts and best sellers, and this is pretty much the least wasteful way to get a final $5 out of the ddp.

Kung Fu Rabbit? Ufouria? A MegaMan game or Life Force? Just throwing a few last ideas out there. This is my favorite page for checking on prices, etc. BTW:

http://www.nintendolife.com/wiiu-eshop/games?region=usa&sort=price

Boogiepop

Kung Fu Rabbit? Ufouria? A MegaMan game or Life Force? Just throwing a few last ideas out there. This is my favorite page for checking on prices, etc. BTW:

http://www.nintendolife.com/wiiu-eshop/games?region=usa&sort=price

NES games in general I'm trying to grab on 3DS just because I like playing them there, and I've already started a Mega Man collection on the system. Kung Fu Rabbit I'd probably want to wait for a sale. Like I said, I think at least for now I'm probably just going to grab GQ2 on WiiU instead of 3DS. Like I said, I already had to grab Demon's Crest on there anyway so it's not as big of a deal like I'm "splitting the series" or anything more than needed, so I'm not too terribly considered.

Thanks for the suggestions, though!

*Gets $20 eShop Card*

*Enters code on 3DS*

"The code you entered is for a Nintendo eShop Card and cannot be used here."

Wat.

Error code: 007-1214

I mean, is it just because Christmas is still fucking with servers? I can browse the eShop just fine...it can't be my card, its a eShop card, this is the eShop. FFS.

Seriously, is this real life, i just dont even.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought Weapon Shop de Omasse, Liberation Maiden, Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters.

Hope they're as good as you guys say.

GulAtiCa

Make sure you enter it on the right area. I think 3DS has an area to enter DL codes and a different area to enter eShop credit codes. It's not like Wii U, where both are combined.

My guess is that you tried entering it in the "redeem eShop DL code" area.

ohlawd

I've been looking to get into the game. Gotta find a coop partner who's also just now getting into it first, though (an advanced player would prolly get bored quickly with the early missions, I reckon).

nah, I put around 200 hours on my main hunter before making a second hunting horn-only character to start all over again. Early missions are kinda boring compared to endgame but that's just cuz endgame monsters have faster attack speeds and new attacks and stuff.

I don't know how this multiplayer >>> single player thing started but I have fun with both. Well, I guess I do know since in most cases it's more fun to play with other people than being alone. single player still has a ton of content, more than the average game. everyone's better off tackling the campaign first because it's really a different beast. 4 player multi, the monster always switches focus and they can carry the other not-so-skilled people. single player, even with the two AI (they're not a real substitute for human players), you're the bosses' primary target.

shit is such a time sink tho. but you'll get your money's worth.

daydream

Banned
nah, I put around 200 hours on my main hunter before making a second hunting horn-only character to start all over again. Early missions are kinda boring compared to endgame but that's just cuz endgame monsters have faster attack speeds and new attacks and stuff.

I don't know how this multiplayer >>> single player thing started but I have fun with both. Well, I guess I do know since in most cases it's more fun to play with other people than being alone. single player still has a ton of content, more than the average game. everyone's better off tackling the campaign first because it's really a different beast. 4 player multi, the monster always switches focus and they can carry the other not-so-skilled people. single player, even with the two AI (they're not a real substitute for human players), you're the bosses' primary target.

shit is such a time sink tho. but you'll get your money's worth.

Actually, I'm not that much of a coop-focused player, at all. Just heard that that's the way to go for MH. Good to hear the SP is just as substantial, will hopefully have the time to play it soon.

I know someone I can hit up for coop.

terrisus

⌘-F

ohyou.jpg

Make sure you enter it on the right area. I think 3DS has an area to enter DL codes and a different area to enter eShop credit codes. It's not like Wii U, where both are combined.

My guess is that you tried entering it in the "redeem eShop DL code" area.
Yep, thats exactly what I did, thanks!

Whats really sad is that I knew there were two different things and still just completely forgot XD. Now to choose from the games on sale!

TheMoon

Friendly reminder that TETRIS AXIS (just TETRIS in Europe) for 3DS and the Game Boy VC version of the original TETRIS are being delisted at the end of the month.

Live in NA, most noteworthy a Capcom games sale:

[3DS] Thorium Wars - $4.99 thru 1/8 (was $7.99)

I bought this yesterday because I enjoyed the DSi prequel and had a weird desire to play an N64-esq space shooter. Looks like I decided to bite a little early.

Oh well. Pretty fun game if you're looking for something like that. It's sorta like a budget Rouge Squadron without the Star Wars license, I've a few levels in and I enjoy it. I'd say it's worth it even if you only have a passing interest.

Looks like I'm finally retiring my physical copy of Street Fighter IV. Yeah, it's a tad outdated but for $8 and the ability to always have it with me...

And friendly second reminder that Tetris Axis is 1,000,000,000,000,000 times better than Tetris Ultimate, so buy it if you care about Tetris and want something with more "meat" than the original GB version.

Is anyone else having problems with the Digital Deluxe Program website? No matter what I click it signs me out saying my session has been timed out. I signed in and out a bunch of times.

Top Bottom