• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

I saw Tetris Ultimate was out now during boxing day shopping.

I'm such a Tetris sucker I actually want it, want it on Xbox One as well.

Even though nothing would ever be better than Tetris DS. Nintendo + Tetris = omg. *faints*

Chrom

To anyone still waiting on a code from Cypronia, I messaged them about not having received one after waiting all this time and they were able to supply me with the game pretty quickly. Might want to do that.

To anyone still waiting on a code from Cypronia, I messaged them about not having received one after waiting all this time and they were able to supply me with the game pretty quickly. Might want to do that.

I checked my others folder on Facebook and found they'd messaged me hours ago saying they've got a code for me but I'd forgotten to like their page and they'd send it when I did, I checked and and I had liked it so I sceenshotted and sent it to them, not heard anything since

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, Scram Kitty is pretty decent. I kind of wish some of the mechanics were explained better (like that bounce you get that depends on your health), but otherwise, I think I like it.

Now 100% is getting every cat in each stage, right?

TheMoon

Alright, Scram Kitty is pretty decent. I kind of wish some of the mechanics were explained better (like that bounce you get that depends on your health), but otherwise, I think I like it.

But you "got" it on your own so why did it need explaining? It's nothing dramatically complex so why explain it when you can let players figure it out themselves.

And yes, 100% is getting all cats in each stage. In one go. Because that gets you a yellow ribbon. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But you "got" it on your own so why did it need explaining? It's nothing dramatically complex so why explain it when you can let players figure it out themselves.
Fair enough. It's more of just "wait, I can do THAT?" and not realizing it until a moment calls for it. At the very least, the first stage or two is easy enough that you get a chance to experiment with the controls.

Edit: Actually, the level I JUST started playing kind of helps the player learn how to control the strength of the jump via the level design, which is good.

maxcriden

Thanks max

It's just on my end, bleh I'll try later to take my credit.

NP, feel free to shoot me a PM if you need me to check again :)

As Moon said above, post-game patch you get a yellow ribbon for getting all four cats in one go. The way I played SKAHBOR, I completed a stage regularly and then went back in and beat it with all four cats. Really fun that way.

Fair enough. It's more of just "wait, I can do THAT?" and not realizing it until a moment calls for it. At the very least, the first stage or two is easy enough that you get a chance to experiment with the controls.

Edit: Actually, the level I JUST started playing kind of helps the player learn how to control the strength of the jump via the level design, which is good.

Yeah, they do teach you that in the level itself but it's tricky to figure out that jump. I know exactly which stage you're talking about and that was one of the only stages I had to save till towards the end of the game to go back and 100%. Really brutally hard for me to beat that one 100% for some reason. The game also used to be a bit tougher before the patch because you could take damage while double-jumping and hitting an environmental hazard. So that smoothed out the difficulty curve a touch. I hope you come to find it plenty addictive!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Already done 10 stages w/ all kittens rescued (so 31 at the moment). Those times ones can be quite troublesome, especially when it's RIGHT next to the exit & you think/hope it's the last one, but then goes AWAY from it.

I think I'm more of the "if I can 100% it on my first attempt, I might as well try to" type. I haven't died a ton, but I still feel the challenge.

maxcriden

Already done 10 stages w/ all kittens rescued (so 31 at the moment). Those times ones can be quite troublesome, especially when it's RIGHT next to the exit & you think/hope it's the last one, but then goes AWAY from it.

I think I'm more of the "if I can 100% it on my first attempt, I might as well try to" type. I haven't died a ton, but I still feel the challenge.

Check you out Zonic!

image.php

At this rate you'll be chowing down on a Skor bar in a week!

ETA: and yeah those Escape Kitties can be *really* tough. BTW the Mouse Commander Kitties used to be much harder pre-patch. They've become more strategic now which is still super fun, they were brutally difficult previously though, which was fun in its own way. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahaha, I just realized the more kittens you rescue, the more appear on the stage select screen.

Now I just need to see what I want to spend that $5 on. Maybe I'll finally nab Mighty Final Fight since it's been a while since I had a NES game on my 3DS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UGH, finally, East Wing 3 finished!

......................I GOTTA GET THEM ALL IN ONE GO!??!? UUUGGGGHHHH.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Glad I jumped on Weapon Shop de Omasse. I'm loving this.

otIKP3o.jpg
I feel like most of the humor is from that Grindcast, but I'm too busy polishing or forging weapons to notice them. A shame, because when I DO get to read them, they are funny, like this one pirate woman.

Draconian

So I ended up getting Aria of Sorrow, and I'm having a blast! Really love all the souls you can pick up and am gonna start experimenting and trying new ones out. This map looks huge and there's already a ton of places I've seen that I can't reach right now. I'm gonna be playing this a lot over the weekend!

On a slightly related note, DS games are eventually coming to the Virtual Console, so the DS Castlevania trilogy is a realistic possibility to make it there right? If both the GBA and DS trilogies were there, that'd be awesome.

Thanks to you guys who gave me the rundown about the differences between the GBA ones last night. I'm looking forward to playing the other two eventually as well!

Glass Joe

On a slightly related note, DS games are eventually coming to the Virtual Console, so the DS Castlevania trilogy is a realistic possibility to make it there right? If both the GBA and DS trilogies were there, that'd be awesome.

It would be awesome but you might be holding your breath for quite a while. N64 games were announced ages ago and still not so much as a peep from them. I wish Nintendo would at least explain what the hold up is.

Bought every Guild game today...what a great sale.

Also picked up the Ace Attorney Trilogy, since I had a bunch of extra eShop credit. Can't wait to play these games again. Also snagged Demon's Crest on Wii U. Overall, a great digital haul for me!

Elija2

Friendly reminder that TETRIS AXIS (just TETRIS in Europe) for 3DS and the Game Boy VC version of the original TETRIS are being delisted at the end of the month.

Hmm, I might snag Tetris Axis before it gets delisted considering we're unlikely to get a better Tetris game on 3DS. Will I be able to redownload it after it gets delisted if I ever delete it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, got my final $5 code from Nintendo. Overall, got $25 back, which I'm kind of surprised I spent that much, but then again, I think I got $5 or $10 back from redeeming codes.

..........Hmmmm, I need 498 points for another $5.......

zroid

Banned
116 points to go, what to buy...

maybe a couple GBA games

I'm so salty that NoA is releasing Pokémon Pinball on Jan 1. One of my most wanted GBA VC titles.

zroid

Banned
Yeah I haven't picked up any GBA Castlevanias yet; there's a lot of GBA stuff I still need to buy. Fire Emblem too. Thing is I'm probably not going to play them now so I was waiting for a sale. Need to spend $11.60 tho.

I've played Guacamelee on Vita btw, it's a great game. Highly recommended.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
116 points to go, what to buy...

maybe a couple GBA games

I'm so salty that NoA is releasing Pokémon Pinball on Jan 1. One of my most wanted GBA VC titles.
Hmm, $12. Maybe get two GBA games or whatever, then save the DDP credit for Pokemon Pinball?

Has anyone held a sale on DLC on 3DS or Wii U? I don't think I've ever seen any discounted.
Fire Emblem Awakening the Champions pack was a bit cheaper for the launch period when Champions of Your was free.

Hmm, I might snag Tetris Axis before it gets delisted considering we're unlikely to get a better Tetris game on 3DS. Will I be able to redownload it after it gets delisted if I ever delete it?
To my knowledge* every delisted game has been redownloadable. Well, except for Yoshi's Cookie.

*-I'd have a hard time believing Sudoku was redownloadalbe when Sudokuhax was launched back in the DSiware days but no evidence to prove otherwise...(though the game did come back with the bug fixed)

wilflare

trying to redeem my DDP $5 but I keep getting this error from the site
"Your session has timed out. Please return to the main page, and sign in again."

what's up with that

maxcriden

trying to redeem my DDP $5 but I keep getting this error from the site
"Your session has timed out. Please return to the main page, and sign in again."

what's up with that

Log out, clear your Internet cache/cookies. Restart your computer. Try again, hopefully that helps :)

also

Banned
Ugh, the current eShop music is so annoying.
Buying multiple games at once made realize how terribly designed the eShop is. You have to buy each game separately and have to click through a bunch of screens.

Top Bottom