• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

jmizzal

Shovel Knight is so good, what have I been waiting on

Why does Miiveres in game feature for SK not work? Is it just down or is that just an issue with the game

trying to redeem my DDP $5 but I keep getting this error from the site
"Your session has timed out. Please return to the main page, and sign in again."

what's up with that

I literally did everything I could yesterday to get mine to work. Nothing did, so I just got the code off my phone. So if anyone else has this problem try using your phone if you can't get it on your desktop .

I bought Shovel Knight on Wii U yesterday for $15 and I sign into Steam to see it's $10 there -.-

I hope it was worth it!

Look at it this way: You paid for the convenience of using the Gamepad & playing on a TV vs a PC.

That 5 dollars also went to a pretty solid Dev team in Yacht Club Games on all account thus far.

terrisus

I bought Shovel Knight on Wii U yesterday for $15 and I sign into Steam to see it's $10 there -.-

I hope it was worth it!

Look at it this way: You paid for the convenience of using the Gamepad & playing on a TV vs a PC.

That 5 dollars also went to a pretty solid Dev team in Yacht Club Games on all account thus far.

Plus supporting and encouraging development on Wii U

Also earned DDP

Glass Joe

Shovel Knight is so good, what have I been waiting on

Why does Miiveres in game feature for SK not work? Is it just down or is that just an issue with the game

It was working when I played it, granted that was a couple of months ago. Either something broke, or more likely, it's just a temporary server issue.

What do you guys say when filling out Club Nintendo surveys? Here is what I say on every single game :D

Your eshop sales are a joke. MSRP pricing for everything. Fix your Virtual Console. Where is Metroid Zero Mission, DKC series? Fix your Club Nintendo rewards. Stop recycling the same digital games. Expect digital revenue to plummet with DDP end

What do you guys say when filling out Club Nintendo surveys? Here is what I say on every single game :D

haha-shut-up.gif

terrisus

What do I ask for when filling out Club Nintendo surveys?

I ask for the return of the NSider forum that was closed down in 2007.
It will never happen =(

maxcriden

Having a heck of a time picking games to buy on eShop or VC to get that extra DDP code that I don't expect to go on sale and aren't NES games (as those would be better for me on Wii or 3DS VC). Just Goemon so far, any other obscure suggestions? Thanks!

TheMoon

That's it? No missing modes or mechanics? I mean, Axis is definitely worse off for lacking the charm of DS but I thought there were more significant differences than that.

Read what Stephen Totilo wrote about this: http://www.gonintendo.com/s/162447-comparing-tetris-ds-to-tetris-axis

small excerpt:
But Surely Standard, Vanilla Tetris Cannot Be Blemished?

Both 2006's Nintendo-made Tetris DSand 2011's Hudson-made Tetris Axis include multiple modes of Tetris. The new one includes more than 20, which might seem superior to the original game's six, but it's not. I'll get to that in a moment, but surely the most important thing is basic, no-frills Tetris, yes?

Kodaman

Was going to buy Fire Emblem GBA but I read this user review in Metacritic:

I rate this game a 0 becasue THERE IS TO MUCH FREAKEN ANIME why cant it have "REAL LIFE" in it there are no magic spells or people born with green, blue or purple hair . all and all IT SUCKS.

lol

Zeeman

Oh man, 6 points short of a $5 code, and none of the Wii U Club Nintendo games this month interest me. There aren't any 60 cent games, are there?

maxcriden

Just saw a tweet that Paper Monsters Recut is 50% off. How is this game? Looks intriguing, love the art style.

Charming for sure. The only thing is it looks kinda bloom-y in action and the lighting is a bit odd. The controls are solid although not Lung Fu Rabbit-tier for me. Much better than some other platforming controls though and plenty solid. I dunno, at that price I'd say it's definitely worth your time and money. I should say I've only played 2-3 levels so far.

Ping 1.5 + On sale from 4.99 to 1.99. Just watched a trailer and it looks like a wild mix of bouncing maze gameplay with a splash of Pong and Space Invaders. Anyone here have it?

I cannot emphasize enough what a worthy download XTYPE+ is. Addictive "arena style" endless shmup gameplay with a nice, pumping bass soundtrack, it's a bargain at 2.99 and perfect for last DDP point hunters. I've owned it for several months now and still come back to it.

Charming for sure. The only thing is it looks kinda bloom-y in action and the lighting is a bit odd. The controls are solid although not Lung Fu Rabbit-tier for me. Much better than some other platforming controls though and plenty solid. I dunno, at that price I'd say it's definitely worth your time and money. I should say I've only played 2-3 levels so far.

Thanks for the helpful impressions. I feel like I need another arts and crafts style platformer to hold me over until Yoshi's Wooly World is released (which I'm guessing now won't be until at least March or April since Kirby ATRC is being released in Feb).

GulAtiCa

Ping 1.5 + On sale from 4.99 to 1.99. Just watched a trailer and it looks like a wild mix of bouncing maze gameplay with a splash of Pong and Space Invaders. Anyone here have it?

I've been going on for like weeks saying it's great! Really fun game, and for $1.99, it's a great buy. Can be fairly difficult though, esp the "boss" battles", but overall it's a good game.

I've been going on for like weeks saying it's great! Really fun game, and for $1.99, it's a great buy. Can be fairly difficult though, esp the "boss" battles", but overall it's a good game.

Sweet, thanks! I'm going to get that, then. Also will pick up Paper Monsters and Klonoa GBA tonight. Few more downloads after that and I will have one last DDP code unlocked.

Tizoc

Could someone link to the developer of Legend of Dark Witch? ...and this was released on US eShop this year correct?

Top Bottom