• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2015

TheMoon

Bought Lone Survivor and Thomas Was Alone. My backlog is becoming huuuuuuuuuuuuuge! (currently trying to 100% Yoshi WW... man those S stages!)

Any possibility for Nintendo to surprise us tomorrow with some 1st party Christmas deals? (even if there's nothing in the PR)

Zero chance.

I forgot I had this code kicking around, so I figured I might as well share it here. It's for the 3DS version but assuming it all still works you should be able to cash it in there and play it on Wii U if you prefer. Or both!

Merry Christmas to the winner!

You should mention the region. Assuming this is NA?

does anyone have the PR? Is Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey to Kyoto being listed as £1 here a typo?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/12/nintendo_download_24th_december_europe

No, that's how it's listed in the PR.

Story of Seasons was already available at my local Media Markt in Germany. So if you're looking for a late Christmas present
for yourself
, maybe it's worth taking a look.

maxcriden

Bought Lone Survivor and Thomas Was Alone. My backlog is becoming huuuuuuuuuuuuuge! (currently trying to 100% Yoshi WW... man those S stages!)

Any possibility for Nintendo to surprise us tomorrow with some 1st party Christmas deals? (even if there's nothing in the PR)

Those S levels are something else, right? 6-S in particular really threw us for a loop just to complete (with flowers). We haven't done yarn, stamps or stars yet.

Benedict

I forgot I had this code kicking around, so I figured I might as well share it here. It's for the 3DS version but assuming it all still works you should be able to cash it in there and play it on Wii U if you prefer. Or both!

Merry Christmas to the winner!

What country is the code from?

GRW810

Just grabbed Stealth Inc 2, Lone Survivor and Thomas Was Alone for about a fiver. What a bargain. Curve have been very generous.

Orgen

Zero chance.

You should mention the region. Assuming this is NA?.

We'll see in new year then ;D

And yes, if the region is NA then disregard my request please!

Those S levels are something else, right? 6-S in particular really threw us for a loop just to complete (with flowers). We haven't done yarn, stamps or stars yet.

I'm unlocking them and trying to get all the flowers/stamps in the S levels in the first go... I stopped at World 2 hahaha :| (only have left the 6S level and whatever is extra S level can come later for unlocking everything).

GulAtiCa

Ninja Pig Studios (of Meme Run fame) is putting out another dank meme game on the Wii U: Bigley's Revenge

And the kids will eat it up. Meme Run easily sold 10k copies before it was taken offline. lol

Actually, how is it only rated E? It has gun violence. If it gets changed to T or E10+ their game will be pulled from the eShop and he will need to resubmit the game with the new rating.

foltzie1

And the kids will eat it up. Meme Run easily sold 10k copies before it was taken offline. lol

Actually, how is it only rated E? It has gun violence. If it gets changed to T or E10+ their game will be pulled from the eShop and he will need to resubmit the game with the new rating.

Amazing. Not a bad way to make a buck, but not a lot of bucks.

GulAtiCa

Amazing. Not a bad way to make a buck, but not a lot of bucks.

For what likely he didn't put much effort in, $35k is a LOT of money for an indie. So, that would be a lot. Most indies aren't the big ones making Shovel Knights and such. Even my game's profit is dwarfed several times over by the figure.. lol

Just wait. Someone will create a thread about it and "how bad it is", and soon the game will be selling even more. lol

foltzie1

For what likely he didn't put much effort in, $35k is a LOT of money for an indie. So, that would be a lot. Most indies aren't the big ones making Shovel Knights and such. Even my game's profit is dwarfed several times over by the figure.. lol

Just wait. Someone will create a thread about it and "how bad it is", and soon the game will be selling even more. lol

Time to start trolling your game on 4chan. Raise the price to 6.99 and start a protest against having done that.

maxcriden

I'm unlocking them and trying to get all the flowers/stamps in the S levels in the first go... I stopped at World 2 hahaha :| (only have left the 6S level and whatever is extra S level can come later for unlocking everything).

Ooh, I won't tell you about 6-S then but I definitely want to hear what you think of it when you play it. It's an awesome level but very tough. We went for flowers when playing the levels since some of the basic levels are a bit too easy/quick otherwise, but are saving the rest for another playthrough. (Waiting on any post-game content till then, too.)

Xenoboy

What are the differences between Shantae 3DS and Wii U? Except for portability that is.
Is the Wii U version like Mighty Switch 1 or 2?

Pokemaniac

What are the differences between Shantae 3DS and Wii U? Except for portability that is.
Is the Wii U version like Mighty Switch 1 or 2?

The main difference is character portraits. The actual graphics are largely identical. It's basically a choice between having your chests in HD vs 3D.

L~A

NA:

Virtual Console on Wii U

Super Mario Galaxy – Become Mario as he traverses gravity-bending galaxies, traveling in and out of gravitational fields by blasting from planet to planet. Control Mario with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, power up to reach inaccessible areas and collect Star Bits to either stun enemies or feed Lumas in this Wii classic – now available from the Virtual Console service on the Wii U console!

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition – DLC Update – Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition includes two gigantic puzzle RPGs, which both use a unique drag-and-match style of game play. And now your Mushroom Kingdom experience expands even further with a downloadable update for the Super Mario Bros. Edition. This free update brings new Mario and Luigi Leaders, new Transformations and new Allies. You’ll also find updated Score Attack challenges that include online world rankings, new Free Challenges that let you pick your own team and game-play replays.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS), Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (Wii U) and more games from Capcom are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1.
Shovel Knight (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 1.
The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS), TRANSFORMERS PRIME (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Activision are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 4.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Roving Rogue is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Electronic Super Joy is more than 10 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $6.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Toto Temple Deluxe is 40 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 6.
Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune and more from Nordic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Little Inferno and Human Resource Machine are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 31.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Chat-A-Lot, Governor of Poker and more games from Teyon are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 31.
Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains is 30 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 31.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers and Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth are on sale starting 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 28 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 11.
Funfair Party Games, Jewel Match 3 and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Glory of Generals, Parking Star 3D and more games from Circle Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot is 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Zombie Incident is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Coaster Creator 3D and Cube Creator 3D are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
League of Heroes, Monster Shooter and more games from Gamelion Studios are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
KORG DSN-12 and KORG M01D are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
2 Fast 4 Gnomz, AiRace Speed and more from Qubic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
Japanese Rail Sim 3D Journey to Kyoto is 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.

Activities:

Fan Faves – The fans have spoken! The Miiverse community voted on their picks for best Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games of the year. Did your favorites make the list? Go to the 2015 Nintendo Fan Faves website to find out!

National StreetPass Holiday – Share the joy of the season with other Nintendo fans by trading StreetPass tags during National StreetPass Weekend. Stop by any of the more than 29,000 Nintendo Zone hotspots across North America with your Nintendo 3DS system from Dec. 24 through Jan. 4 – you could get up to six StreetPass tags from across North America. In the YO-KAI WATCH game, visit the old Wayfarer Manor to meet wandering Yo-kai and receive gifts from them or even battle and befriend them. Collect puzzle pieces for the new Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam panel, or pick up enemy tokens for StreetSmash in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. You can also find a character named Claude with a special decorating request for you in the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game.
Find a hotspot near you here: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendozone.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Mario’s Winter Wonderland
Pokémon: Peeking Friends
Pokémon: Poké Crests & Kokeshi Dolls

Wow... Puzzle & Dragons DLC. Wasn't expecting that. Came out a few days ago in Japan.

also

Banned
Devil Survivor Overclocked 1 doesn't seem to be on the Australian eShop. The second game is, but not the first. That kind of sucks.

It's because they have different publishers and GhostLight (EU publisher of Overclocked) most likely didn't think it was worth it to pay for the Australian rating. You should bug them about it as the rating process is now free, although, depending on the contracts, the game might be stuck in limbo :/

I got that Kyoto Rail Simulator for 1€ because I had 3€ left after Devil Summoner. Has to be worth 1€ right? Maybe I should have invested it in more Pokemon badges instead

Also RF4 is now over a year old in EU and still no sale :(

Ondore

Capcom putting VC titles on sale again. That could mean a lot of games potentially on sale... add that to the Curve stuff I still need to grab, SteamWorld Heist and Dementium Remastered tomorrow and I'm probably in for $80-$100 this week.

sörine

Banned
Lame week. Europe is really killing us with VC. :/

What we're behind on:

Wii U Virtual Console
Adventures of Bayou Billy (NES)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)
Big Brain Academy (DS)
Brain-Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day (DS)
Devil World (NES)
Dig Dug II: Trouble in Paradise (NES)
Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones (NES)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll (NES)
Flying Warriors (NES)
Game & Watch Gallery 4 (GBA)
Hogan's Alley (NES)
Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby: Mass Attack (DS)
Kung Fu Heroes (NES)
Kurukuru Kururin (GBA)
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
Little Ninja Brothers (NES)
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong (GBA)
Mario Vs, Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (DS)
Mario's Super Picross (SNES)
Medabots AX: Metabee Version (GBA)
Medabots AX: Rokusho Version (GBA)
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES)
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES)
Pac Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES)
Polarium Advance (GBA)
Pop'n TwinBee (SNES)
Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures (SNES)
StarTropics (NES)
Super Mario 64 DS (DS)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Wario: Master of Disguise (DS)
Wild Gunman (NES)
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (NES)

eShop Wii downloads
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Mario Sports Mix
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barabos' Treasure

Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
Devil World (NES)
Donkey Kong: Original Edition (NES)
Trip World (GB) I'll NEVER stop bitching about this one! Fuck you Nintendo / Sunsoft!

edit: Missing retro counts per publishers. Direct your rage accordingly.

Arc System Works: 1 release
Bandai Namco: 2 releases
Capcom: 2 releases
Culture Brain: 4 releases
Koei Tecmo: 2 releases
Konami: 3 releases
Natsume: 2 releases
Nintendo: 31 releases (Team Top Hat Xmas Miracle!)
Sunsoft: 1 release

Jucksalbe

Banned
sörine;190334018 said:

It was released as a bonus for getting Sticker Star or something quite a while ago. Was this a regular release in Europe then?

jmizzal

sörine;190334018 said:
Lame week. Europe is really killing us with VC. :/

What we're behind on:

Wii U Virtual Console
Adventures of Bayou Billy (NES)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)
Big Brain Academy (DS)
Brain-Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day (DS)
Devil World (NES)
Dig Dug II: Trouble in Paradise (NES)
Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones (NES)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll (NES)
Flying Warriors (NES)
Game & Watch Gallery 4 (GBA)
Hogan's Alley (NES)
Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS)
Kirby: Mass Attack (DS)
Kung Fu Heroes (NES)
Kurukuru Kururin (GBA)
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)
Little Ninja Brothers (NES)
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong (GBA)
Mario Vs, Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (DS)
Mario's Super Picross (SNES)
Medabots AX: Metabee Version (GBA)
Medabots AX: Rokusho Version (GBA)
Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES)
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES)
Pac Man 2: The New Adventures (SNES)
Polarium Advance (GBA)
Pop'n TwinBee (SNES)
Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures (SNES)
StarTropics (NES)
Super Mario 64 DS (DS)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Wario: Master of Disguise (DS)
Wild Gunman (NES)
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (NES)

eShop Wii downloads
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Mario Sports Mix
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barabos' Treasure

Devil World (NES)
Trip World (GB) I'll NEVER stop bitching about this one! Fuck you Nintendo / Sunsoft!

edit: Missing retro counts per publishers. Direct your rage accordingly.

Arc System Works: 1 release
Capcom: 2 releases
Culture Brain: 4 releases
Konami: 3 releases
Natsume: 2 releases
Nintendo: 31 releases (Team Top Hat Xmas Miracle!)
Sunsoft: 1 release

wow smh

sörine

Banned
It was released as a bonus for getting Sticker Star or something quite a while ago. Was this a regular release in Europe then?
Yes, Europe got a regular eShop release just before 3DS VC seemingly wrapped up. Both Japan and America got screwed on this though.

Chrom

Does Nintendo not care about the distinction between Wii downloads and Wii U Virtual Console games anymore? I don't remember a press release from before stating so explicitly that a Wii game was a part of the Virtual Console service.

Fewr

Great week. I'm getting:
-Mario Galaxy
-Human Resource Machine
-Shovel Knight (maybe both versions)

Still waiting for another Elliot Quest sale.

sörine

Banned
Just to be fair, here's what Europe is missing from America:

Wii U Virtual Console
Bases Loaded (NES)
Car Battler Joe! (GBA)
Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf (SNES)
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
Ignition Factor (SNES)
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament (GBA)
Metal Marines (SNES)
Rival Turf! (SNES)
Stinger (NES)
Super E.D.F.: Earth Defense Force (SNES)
Super Mario Advance (GBA)
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)
Vs. Excitebike (NES)

eShop Wii downloads
Super Mario Galaxy
Trauma Team

Bases Loaded (NES)
Harvest Moon 3 (GBC)
Maru's Mission (GB)
Quarth (GB)
Tecmo Bowl (NES)

Publisher Counts
Atlus: 1 release
Hamster: 6 releases
Konami: 2 releases
Natsume: 4 releases
Nintendo: 4 releases

I didn't realize just how behind North America was with Virtual Console. There's quite a few good ones there too. They must be holding out for something.

Top Bottom