• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

GulAtiCa

That's true. Forgot about the repo. Still need to get the UK copy for collection purposes too. I'll buy the repo sometime later on.

Orgen

One day I'll track down a UK PAL Terranigma and a UK PAL SNES and play it. One day. :(

It'd be totally worth it... but you can join the "Quintet Triology on VC" team and hoping for the best! :D

So when can we expect the next Wii VC game? And anyone knows if Nintendo's going to keep the 9.99€ first week offer for new Wii VC releases? (I didn't see anything related so sorry in advance if I missed it!)

TheMoon

Please don't call Wii games VC releases. They have absolutely nothing to do with VC. The 9.99 deal was for the first three only.

maxcriden

FWIW, looking to trade my physical games for CN rewards. Hit me up so I can enter the digital future. I've got CIB NSMB2, DKCR, Wii Party U, and probably others. Oh, 3DL and Uprising, too, with the stand even.

Orgen

Please don't call Wii games VC releases. They have absolutely nothing to do with VC. The 9.99 deal was for the first three only.

Yes sir! (but aren't they VC games? :eek:) It's a pity that the deal was only for the first 3 games I wanted Pandora's Tower for 9,99€ (20€ is a little steep)

terrisus

One day I'll track down a UK PAL Terranigma and a UK PAL SNES and play it. One day. :(

Just get a $40 NA repro. :)

I have a source for one if you need one.

Yeah, I got physical SNES cart reproductions with translations applied of:
Terranigma
Final Fantasy V
Radical Dreamers

From the B/S/T thread for a total of...
$60

Seriously, if I had the money, I would've paid $60 each.
When I saw the post listing for it go up, I don't think I've ever PMed someone so fast >.>

terrisus

Yes sir! (but aren't they VC games? :eek:)

The Wii U runs Wii games natively, so there's nothing "Virtual" about the console aspect of Wii games on the Wii U.
They're literally digital copies of the games running in Wii mode.

TheMoon

The Wii U runs Wii games natively, so there's nothing "Virtual" about the console aspect of Wii games on the Wii U.

Yup, that's like calling an eShop download of, say, Mario Kart 8 the "Virtual Console" version of MK8. Completely inaccurate.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
FWIW, looking to trade my physical games for CN rewards. Hit me up so I can enter the digital future. I've got CIB NSMB2, DKCR, Wii Party U, and probably others. Oh, 3DL and Uprising, too, with the stand even.

!!!

maxcriden
(Today, 09:34 AM)

YESSS finally, it's about time! Happy about this :D

giphy.gif

what are you looking for on Club Nintendo btw Max? Uprising looks tempting...

maxcriden

Hey Moon or terry, I bet one of you know. If I have a retail copy of say, 3DL, and I download the game, will my save carry over? Thanks!

Is anyone able to get anything on club nintendo?

The site is going down every 2-3 minutes.

I got on for a bit earlier--long enough to set up a family account--but that's pretty much it. Entered one code for Wii Fit for 100 coins and it won't let me get into the actual registration. It also ate a SMG code. ;__; So, waiting for it to come back at this point. Ever since then just been able to get in to see the rewards and keep getting kicked out otherwise.

GulAtiCa

No, saves are saved to the cart. You need to use the Transfer Save Tool from eShop DL. You also need to have both before doing a transfer I believe.

foltzie1

No, saves are saved to the cart. You need to use the Transfer Save Tool from eShop DL. You also need to have both before doing a transfer I believe.

Oh yeah, I guess this means if I do get someone to sell me an eShop CN code for Kid Icarus I'm starting over and I'm more than OK with that.

maxcriden

BTW, Blek will come to EU on Feb. 12:

#Blek di @brokenrules listato sull'#eShop #WiiU, IL 12/2 a €5.49 @GoNintendoTweet @NinEverything #indiedev #gamedev pic.twitter.com/VkWhFzt4x4
— Nintendo Hall (@NintendoHall) February 2, 2015

--

Dell will give you a $25 GC if you order MM for $40:

(Pre-Order) Zelda: Majora's Mask (3DS) with $25 eGift Card $39.99 via Dell (Free Shipping). http://t.co/yilM7WEX5m pic.twitter.com/kueer4oWbq
— Cheap Ass Gamer (@videogamedeals) February 2, 2015

(both via GoNintendo.com)

foltzie1

Aww, Foltzie. I'm sorry. At least this way you can start the Challenge Boards from scratch! (Also, you could always download a save file.)

Indeed, the main game was quite fun too.

Hopefully someone will want to sell some codes over in the BST thread, I posted a bunch of wants and offered roughly half retail for them, which is what I recall the Zelda WW and other eShop code promotion rates were.

TheMoon

BTW, Blek will come to EU on Feb. 12:

Another one of those super-smart developer/publisher moves where they have the iOS version on sale for $0.99 this week and then proceed to put out the exact same thing on console for €5.50 two weeks later...

Facepalms all around.

"OMG WHY DID IT NOT SELL??"

maxcriden

Indeed, the main game was quite fun too.

Hopefully someone will want to sell some codes over in the BST thread, I posted a bunch of wants and offered roughly half retail for them, which is what I recall the Zelda WW and other eShop code promotion rates were.

I think these rates should realistically be a bit lower than that, simply because the code equivalents are much lower than they were in other promotions. That is to say, if Mario's Picross is sold for $2 at 150 coins, a 600 coin game should not be sold for $15. I suspect sellers don't see it that way en masse so there might be a bit of a supply/demand pricing disconnect there.

Another one of those super-smart developer/publisher moves where they have the iOS version on sale for $0.99 this week and then proceed to put out the exact same thing on console for €5.50 two weeks later...

Facepalms all around.

"OMG WHY DID IT NOT SELL??"

That...is so silly and dumb. Ugh. It also makes me a lot less likely to pick it up b/c this is a game where IIRC using a controller isn't even a factor.

foltzie1

I think these rates should realistically be a bit lower than that, simply because the code equivalents are much lower than they were in other promotions. That is to say, if Mario's Picross is sold for $2 at 150 coins, a 600 coin game should not be sold for $15. I suspect sellers don't see it that way en masse so there might be a bit of a supply/demand pricing disconnect there.

Perhaps not, but I was willing to list out what I wanted (and didnt already have) and place a roughly half retail price on the lot and not worry about point disparities.

Someone might rightly think they could order a physical reward and sell it for more. I sold a lot of Platinum physical rewards, but never really made much on the sales.

Orgen

Mmmm, makes sense.

And congrats to max for getting the member status again! ;D

TheMoon

Bionic Commando: Elite Forces seemed like it'd never come and then we got it, so hope springs eternal.

I suppose it didn't have to deal with Kojima's "no Metal Gear but mine" attitude, though.

Elite Forces had the benefit of being made by Nintendo and having another Bionic Commando already out on VC. MG's VC history starts and stops in 2009 with a Japan-only release of the MSX game. Ghost Babel is never coming. I'd love to be wrong.

Refyref

I really, really want Ghost Babel to get a VC release, but Kojima will probably do anything in his power to make sure it won't happen.

terrisus

Even about platypuses? Best animal ever. :)

074093a89d1a32304237d7d27eb77dcad2cf134780747468.jpg

Do you know some games with platypuses?

Platypuses
(I still like the term "Platypi" myself :þ)
are awesome.

I sleep with a stuffed platypus >.>

Can't think of a game involving a platypus off the top of my head though.

Chrom

Big Ubisoft games sale is live in NA:

[3DS] Petz Beach - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Petz Countryside - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Petz Fantasy 3D - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Poptropica: Forgotten Islands - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Rabbids Travel in Time 3D - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Rayman 3D - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Rayman Origins - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Tetris Ultimate - $14.99 thru 2/16 (was $19.99)
[3DS] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[3DS] Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D - $7.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[Wii U] Assassin's Creed III - $14.99 thru 2/16 (was $19.99)
[Wii U] Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[Wii U] Child of Light - $11.24 thru 2/16 (was $14.99)
[Wii U] Cloudberry Kingdom - $4.99 thru 2/16 (was $9.99)
[Wii U] ESPN Sports Connection - $12.49 thru 2/16 (was $49.99)
[Wii U] Just Dance 2015 - $29.99 thru 2/16 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth - $14.99 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)
[Wii U] Rabbids Land - $12.49 thru 2/16 (was $49.99)
[Wii U] Rayman Legends - $19.99 thru 2/16 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] The Smurfs 2 - $19.99 thru 2/16 (was $39.99)
[Wii U] Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - $14.99 thru 2/16 (was $19.99)
[Wii U] Watch Dogs - $44.99 thru 2/16 (was $59.99)
[Wii U] Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 - $12.49 thru 2/16 (was $49.99)
[Wii U] ZombiU - $22.49 thru 2/16 (was $29.99)

Top Bottom