• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

terrisus

terrisus pls.

250px-054Psyduck.png

Psy-yi-yi~

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
3D Fantasy Zone confirmed for next week in Europe. (I suppose in America too)
Yup, 3D After Burner came out the same day in EU & US, so that's very like to be the US release as well.

Wonder if this means we'll see 3D Outrun on March 12th or 19th.

Edit: Just for the heck of it, where'd you hear this? Nintendo EU PR?

Enjoy one of the best Wii U games.

I was actually very excited for this game to come during launch, it was easily my most wanted title. I played the hell out of that challenge app, but you know the story with this game. After the delay for September it just got lost and ever since I been waiting for a $20 price range. I missed the first time it went on sale and I missed countless other sales for it at retail. I finally got it now and will just have to wait an hour to start to play. :D

terrisus

I was actually very excited for this game to come during launch, it was easily my most wanted title. I played the hell out of that challenge app, but you know the story with this game. After the delay for September it just got lost and ever since I been waiting for a $20 price range. I missed the first time it went on sale and I missed countless other sales for it at retail. I finally got it now and will just have to wait an hour to start to play. :D

I ended up passing on it entirely due to the delay nonsense.

I mean, seriously, Nintendo was having the game as a playable demo on many of their pre-launch kiosks.
The fact that, after that, they basically said, "Nah... Just hang out and wait for a while" was absurd.

jholmes

Nintendo still owns the IP, so it's a non-issue. Maybe we'll get Cubivore if they ever release GCN games. It's going for $100+ used on eBay right now.

I love this game -- love, love, love this game -- but oh man people must be disappointed when they play it after spending $100 on it.

I'd love to have:

Square-Enix
E.V.O.

This game too, although it's probably the one I'd buy if I could only own one. What is it with evolution-based platformers?

Finally getting Rayman Legends. I been waiting forever for this.

This game however is $20 and a steal at that price, so no worries about triple figures. That said you can easily get it physical at that price too, so don't feel like digital is a must!

The demo stations here said they had a playable demo for it, but it was just a short trailer. lol I was going to go the used route but I thought people wanted too much for it so I passed. The whole ordeal was nonsense, but I can't pass on something I want to play. I remember when the game was suppose to come out in February , I just moved my money to Fire Emblem Awakening. So I didn't totally lose out. They could have easily gotten more money out of me for it, but their lost.

This game however is $20 and a steal at that price, so no worries about triple figures. That said you can easily get it physical at that price too, so don't feel like digital is a must!

Dude no I can't. I been extremely unlucky with this, every single time I saw it for near this price I missed out on or the disc itself was messed up beyond belief. I'm not dealing with it anymore. I would prefer retail, but its done. This download is taking longer than I thought. ;-; The club Nintendo suvery showed up before my game is even finished downloading. lol

me0wish

My story is a little bit different, I hated Origins after being really hyped for it. When legends was announced, it looked amazing (especially the Murphy 5 player stuff), but I thought it would be boring and repetitive like Origins so I decided to skip it even after loving the challenge app.

What made me look at it again, are all those complaining about how different it is compared to Origins, and how each level is unique and plays differently, sounded perfect to me, and perfect it was! I had a blast 100%ing the game with my friends.

Elite Forces had the benefit of being made by Nintendo and having another Bionic Commando already out on VC.

The Gameboy Bionic Commando being on VC had completely slipped my mind actually, I was only thinking about how the NES game never made it onto any of them. I also considered it being made by Nintendo something that made it less likely to be rereleased since that meant Nintendo and Capcom had to figure something out together for it to happen rather than just one or the other doing it like with their own games.

I guess it was more likely than Ghost Babel, but it still seemed like a thing that probably wouldn't happen to me, at least.

sörine

Banned
I suppose it didn't have to deal with Kojima's "no Metal Gear but mine" attitude, though.

MG's VC history starts and stops in 2009 with a Japan-only release of the MSX game. Ghost Babel is never coming. I'd love to be wrong.

I really, really want Ghost Babel to get a VC release, but Kojima will probably do anything in his power to make sure it won't happen.
I'm confused as to why people think Kojima's anti-Ghost Babel? He produced it, this isn't exactly an NES Metal Gear/Snake's Revenge sort if thing. It's non-canon but it IS a Kojipro (then KCEJ West) joint. Why would he block it?

TheMoon

sörine;150337142 said:
I'm confused as to why people think Kojima's anti-Ghost Babel? He produced it, this isn't exactly an NES Metal Gear/Snake's Revenge sort if thing. It's non-canon but it IS a Kojipro (then KCEJ West) joint. Why would he block it?

Why would he create a fake studio to announce a game? :p 'jima be cray cray like dat

Edit: Just for the heck of it, where'd you hear this? Nintendo EU PR?

PR comes out on the Monday of the respective week it is detailing. So we would hear that next Monday.

Apropos of nothing, Moon, what are the three icons on the bottom of your avatar?
If you don't mind me replying instead, those are obviously the Comedy Central logo as well as a deformed Triforce and GameCube logo.
Sorry, it's Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon stuff.

Cool. I'd stumbled upon these before but they were too small. There's also at least another one with just Kirby and the cube dude on a white background below a "Kirby & Qbby" sign. I love that the Box Boy cube thing is apparently called Qbby and is a square counterpart to Kirby. They should make him pink in a color sequel.

BooJoh

sörine;150337142 said:

Well I'm fairly certain of one thing: we're far more likely to get Ghost Babel than the Boktai games on VC. I'd love to be able to play those again without the hassle of the sun sensor.

TheMoon

Apropos of nothing, Moon, what are the three icons on the bottom of your avatar?

Here are the Union emblems if anyone want to add to their avatar.

Colepedian - In charge of visiting areas and investigation/collecting materials.

Companion - A Jack of all trades, from the mediation of petty fights to the search of stray cats.

+

Here's the Squid logo to go along with TheMoon's Octo

^colored in orange

because HYPE! :D
I wish there were a good symbol to add for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. as well

terrisus

+

^colored in orange

because HYPE! :D
I wish there were a good symbol to add for Code Name S.T.E.A.M. as well

Ah, I see.

Muchas gracias.

If you don't mind me replying instead, those are obviously the Comedy Central logo as well as a deformed Triforce and GameCube logo.
Sorry, it's Xenoblade Chronicles X stuff.[/spoilers]
Yeah, I thought it was a deformed Gamecube logo too >.>

sörine

Banned
Well I'm fairly certain of one thing: we're far more likely to get Ghost Babel than the Boktai games on VC. I'd love to be able to play those again without the hassle of the sun sensor.
Oh sure, Boktai's a total no go due to that sun sensor. Maybe we'll get Lunar Knights if DS VC ever shows up though.

Konami has a bunch of unreleased GB & GBC games I figured we'd get on 3DS but are still MIA for whatever dumb reason. Not just Ghost Babel but Belmont's Revenge, Nemesis, Gradius IA, Operation C, Motocross Maniacs, Kid Dracula, Survival Kids, Azure Dreams, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc, etc. I just hope GBA on Wii U goes better. I want Gradius Galaxies, Ninja Five-O and Krazy Racers.

JCho133

Honestly the prospect of GBA VC on a handheld is the most exciting thing about The next Nintendo handheld.

Perhaps the n3DS has enough power to do it

terrisus

Honestly the prospect of GBA VC on a handheld is the most exciting thing about The next Nintendo handheld.

Perhaps the n3DS has enough power to do it

Agreed.

While the DS was great, and I'm very glad we got it...
The GBA was Nintendo's best handheld, and it had its life cut off far too early

Seriously, it continued to outsell the PS3 for a while after the PS3 came out.
We got some great .gifs in the NPD threads back then

sörine

Banned
GBA Virtual Console's going to be really painful when Square Enix starts releasing their games in Japan but not anywhere else.

terrisus

sörine;150363848 said:
GBA Virtual Console's going to be really painful when Square Enix starts releasing their games in Japan but not anywhere else.

Kind of like the Wii U Virtual Console >.>

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any word if they are going to keep doing the $10 first week thing for Wii VC, or is this the last week? I think I would buy a lot more if they kept it up TBH.

Hope the US gets Kirby soon, build up some hype before Rainbow Curse.

Orgen

Sorry, a small Offtopic

Malaga 1-0 Valencia

reggie_i_dunno.jpg

:( f*** youuuuuuuu!!! hahaha

We made an horrendous game it's like we are another team when we don't play at home... anyway, well deserved victory for your team so congrats!

What we'll see first? A konami VC game or a SE one? is there any bet on? :D

BooJoh

Any word if they are going to keep doing the $10 first week thing for Wii VC, or is this the last week? I think I would buy a lot more if they kept it up TBH.

They're most likely done with the $10 intro sales for now. EU isn't even getting a Wii game this week so I wouldn't be surprised if NA doesn't either.

Chrom

They're most likely done with the $10 intro sales for now. EU isn't even getting a Wii game this week so I wouldn't be surprised if NA doesn't either.

Yeah, it was good while it lasted... At least it ended on a really good note.

TheMoon

It's not Wii VC damnit! And the 9.99 offer was for the first three only.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You're playing a VIRTUAL Wii game on your CONSOLE, hence the name.

.....though considering Nintendo dropped the trademark & name, yeah, maybe VC isn't the best since that name was for more of the retro stuff like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. I just call them "Wii Downloads".

TheMoon

.....though considering Nintendo dropped the trademark & name, yeah, maybe VC isn't the best since that name was for more of the retro stuff like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. I just call them "Wii Downloads".
I mean, its vWii mode, so its a Virtual Console like setup.

Not at all, but we've JUST been over this. Please please please stop calling Wii games Wii VC. Wii VC is Virtual Console accessed through the Wii Shop Channel on a Wii or in Wii Mode. Nothing else. Wii games on the eShop are Wii games. Simple as that.

terrisus

Well, I mean, Super Mario 3D World is a "VIRTUAL Wii U game on my CONSOLE," but I wouldn't say it's a "Wii U VC game" >.>

(I don't really care personally :þ)

foltzie1

Not at all, but we've JUST been over this. Please please please stop calling Wii games Wii VC. Wii VC is Virtual Console accessed through the Wii Shop Channel on a Wii or in Wii Mode. Nothing else. Wii games on the eShop are Wii games. Simple as that.

But but, its a game running on vWii mode, Wii mode is quite litterally a virtual console on the Wii U.

Hehe, this is fun.

Nintendo is king of confusing naming conventions.

Richie

How does it affect ya if someone calls 'em Wii VC or not? :p A rather silly thing to be upset about. A cause more worthy of such intensity would be the apparent no-show of a Wii game this week in Europe, and likely, in America. Pretty odd because in the European Direct at least, they teased enough games to last until March, and tentatively, the next Direct. Granted, they could skip a week or two if March's Direct will be late into the month.

foltzie1

How does it affect ya if someone calls 'em Wii VC or not? :p A rather silly thing to be upset about. A cause more worthy of such intensity would be the apparent no-show of a Wii game this week in Europe, and likely, in America. Pretty odd because in the European Direct at least, they teased enough games to last until March, and tentatively, the next Direct. Granted, they could skip a week or two if March's Direct will be late into the month.

Nintendo's unclear branding makes for some trouble.
"NEW"

Virtual Console on the Wii U up until the Wii software release seemed to mean a game from an older system with restore points, Miiverse support, and all other Wii U OS support. This was different from Virtual Console on the Wii.

daydream

Banned
I keep hearing praise for this , but I fail to see why it's so awesome. Any thoughts from someone who played the game.

It's a fast-paced, highly technical, very rewarding game with a great soundtrack.

Similarily, wondering if it's an endless runner. I wasn't able to get a clear answer on this.

No, it's level-based with different requirements for each stage. Think Tony Hawk Pro Skater on a 2D plane.

maxcriden

It's a fast-paced, highly technical, very rewarding game with a great soundtrack.

No, it's level-based with different requirements for each stage. Think Tony Hawk Pro Skater on a 2D plane.

Just to clarify, what I mean by endless runner--maybe that's not the correct term?--is, as sort of is the case with THPS, do you automatically move forward at all at times, a la Bit.Trip Runner?

TheMoon

Because:

Wii VC is Virtual Console accessed through the Wii Shop Channel on a Wii or in Wii Mode. Nothing else. Wii games on the eShop are Wii games. Simple as that.

You guys are making something simple and distinct confusing. Using proper terminology > "eh whatever who cares"

daydream

Banned
Just to clarify, what I mean by endless runner--maybe that's not the correct term?--is, as sort of is the case with THPS, do you automatically move forward at all at times, a la Bit.Trip Runner?

Oh, an auto-runner, you mean. Well, you're always moving but you do have to keep up your speed manually, otherwise, well, you won't have any forward momentum (so, you press X to push yourself off the ground, like in any skateboarding game really).

It's really just the game and you. The controls aren't simple, I guess, but they aren't very complicated, either. You launch yourself in the air, do tricks with the analogue strick, then press X again to stick the landing (if you wanna grind on a surface, you press the stick down instead). The controls are very intuitive but they still leave a lot of room for the player to grow which leads to a natural progression where you're getting better and better, pulling off bigger and more complicated combos for massive points. The bonus objectives along with all the different stage layouts help to keep things interesting.

In the end, you can gauge your interest easily by thinking back to other skateboarding games. OlliOlli captures the essence of that gameplay, leaving out the skater culture and lifestyle aspects that, regardless of how you feel about them, do seem more and more anachronistic, especially their manifestations in TH games of the early 00s (though it hasn't evolved too much judging by more modern takes on the milieu, e.g. the Skate series).

maxcriden

Oh, an auto-runner, you mean. Well, you're always moving but you do have to keep up your speed manually, otherwise, well, you won't have any forward momentum (so, you press X to push yourself off the ground, like in any skateboarding game really).

It's really just the game and you. The controls aren't simple, I guess, but they aren't very complicated, either. You launch yourself in the air, do tricks with the analogue strick, then press X again to stick the landing (if you wanna grind on a surface, you press the stick down instead). The controls are very intuitive but they still leave a lot of room for the player to grow which leads to a natural progression where you're getting better and better, pulling off bigger and more complicated combos for massive points. The bonus objectives along with all the different stage layouts help to keep things interesting.

In the end, you can gauge your interest easily by thinking back to other skateboarding games. OlliOlli captures the essence of that gameplay, leaving out the skater culture and lifestyle aspects that, regardless of how you feel about them, do seem more and more anachronistic, especially their manifestations in TH games of the early 00s (though it hasn't evolved too much judging by more modern takes on the milieu, e.g. the Skate series).

Oh, interesting. Well, that sounds fascinating and different from other offerings at the very least. So I'll keep an eye out for it, for sure. I'll also see if I can do a giveaway for it since I presume there will be some people interested in checking it out but similarly on the fence. I do like its originality, though. (I'd love another isometric THPS a la the GBA entries, as well.)

daydream

Banned
Blah, I don't like games like that.
(Plus I don't like the game's name either :þ)

I think you might be thinking of it wrongly. You wanna mantain forward momentum at all times, anyway, so in the end, the auto-runner aspect is both coated by the fact that the player is trying to keep up his speed as well as partly negated by the fact that you'll fail with no momentum so it's not really an auto-runner in the traditional or literal sense but rather in a way that makes sense, design-wise. The player still has to take care of horizontal speed, effectively rendering the "auto" part meaningless, if you really wanna break it down.

Also, Skate or Die is great and all but.. this is a (different but still) better videogame.

Oh, interesting. Well, that sounds fascinating and different from other offerings at the very least. So I'll keep an eye out for it, for sure. I'll also see if I can do a giveaway for it since I presume there will be some people interested in checking it out but similarly on the fence. I do like its originality, though. (I'd love another isometric THPS a la the GBA entries, as well.)

It's a really empowering feeling to trick your way through a whole level, racking up big combos, nailing all the landings, etc. The quick restart ensures smooth and swift iteration and the soundtrack really complements the gameplay well.

Top Bottom