• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

Boogiepop

What's the best way to deal with the size of MP trilogy? The only way I can make space for it is to delete like Wii Party U or something. I also would apparently need to reformat my external HD to use exclusively with the Wii U, and since that's for my computer backup that's out. I guess I could scrounge around for a USB stick or something that I could repurpose, but I don't know. Still need around 4000 MD, bleh. Is there no way to buy it without downloading it right away? And do saves live on even if you delete the games on WiiU, or do they go down together?

ohlawd

What's the best way to deal with the size of MP trilogy? The only way I can make space for it is to delete like Wii Party U or something. I also would apparently need to reformat my external HD to use exclusively with the Wii U, and since that's for my computer backup that's out. I guess I could scrounge around for a USB stick or something that I could repurpose, but I don't know. Still need around 4000 MD, bleh. Is there no way to buy it without downloading it right away? And do saves live on even if you delete the games on WiiU, or do they go down together?

buy the download code from the site and hold on to it until you can download it. NA only though

go to the OT, there's a link there. about the file thing, I'm in the middle of moving shit for TW101 so I can't check

Chrom

I woke up early in the day to get Brain Age: Concentration Training off Club Nintendo, so as to not risk being subject to further waiting from site maintenance. It seems like I made a smart decision.

The game is fun so far!

maxcriden

I woke up early in the day to get Brain Age: Concentration Training off Club Nintendo, so as to not risk being subject to further waiting from site maintenance. It seems like I made a smart decision.

The game is fun so far!

Is that the 3DS one? I'm starting Crashmo so that's my version of Concentration Training at the moment @_@

The game is fun so far!

I'm still waiting to be able to pay for this game in Europe and you lucky guys are now getting it for free :'(

maxcriden

I think I'm going to be completely done with Rayman Legends before I get to use Club Nintendo smoothly.

Just keep in mind the Origins levels are way worse than their original incarnations, and that the final unlockable world is polarizing (and IMO terrible). The game has lots of positive aspects, though.

Just keep in mind the Origins levels are way worse than their original incarnations, and that the final unlockable world is polarizing (and IMO terrible). The game has lots of positive aspects, though.

I only unlocked 3 of the origins levels and they don't see so bad from the original . I hate how to get them more than the levels themselves. :x

donny2112

Using proper terminology > "eh whatever who cares"

Maybe they really like explaining why Wii VC has none of the features of the real VC games again and again and again ... and again.

What we really need is another:

06VCRlt.jpg

That had surfing, too, right?

The game is fun so far!

Good choice! Always like seeing people try out that game, as it can really push you in good ways! :D

I'm still waiting to be able to pay for this game in Europe and you lucky guys are now getting it for free :'(

Yes, that really stinks. :( You could import it and use the RegionThree trick to get it working, but NOE really needs to put this game up (even if it's listed as an import copy only in English or something, and even just digitally as it's better that way, anyways) somehow, someway!

Robin64

The Brain Training translation has been for a very long time now. The delay was for some other bizarre reason we're not privy to.

Javier

Yes, that really stinks. :( You could import it and use the RegionThree trick to get it working, but NOE really needs to put this game up (even if it's listed as an import copy only in English or something, and even just digitally as it's better that way, anyways) somehow, someway!
The American release actually has English, Spanish and French.

maxcriden

I only unlocked 3 of the origins levels and they don't see so bad from the original . I hate how to get them more than the levels themselves. :x

They're just worse b/c they use the new, easier/less fun lum mechanic, and the difficulty is much lower in 100%ing a level. And there are no time trials. ;__;

I'm a Rayman snob :'(

Tizoc

So bit of a silly question to NintendoPlushieGAF; my cousin's son is a toddler and just got to that age where he just puts things inside his mouth (he's more than 3 months old), and I wanna get him this plushie
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JUYYWA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Is it 'safe' for a toddler of his age >_>;
Sorry for the bizarre question but I want to get it for the little guy as a gift =X

maxcriden

So bit of a silly question to NintendoPlushieGAF; my cousin's son is a toddler and just got to that age where he just puts things inside his mouth (he's more than 3 months old), and I wanna get him this plushie
Sorry for the bizarre question but I want to get it for the little guy as a gift =X

It's not a bizarre question but!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FMIU046/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Eli has this one.

41Lgv3df3ZL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

I think it's much cuter.

photoon9-14-14at10.50eokup.jpg

So, I can say if you remove the tags it's safe for a cat. If you think a cat and a 3 y/o are comparable in general intelligence, I'd say it's safe (I'm assuming toddler means 3 y/o).

On the Amazon page for the one we have, it says:

Manufacturer recommended age: 13 - 15 years

Which is silly, because...how did they arrive at that? So odd.

But for the one you linked to, it says:

CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.

Manufacturer recommended age: 36 months - 15 years

I'm presuming by toddler you mean 2-3, so YMMV. I think I'd feel safe even giving it to a human infant, but I'm by no means an expert. :)

(Then again, if they're under 3 it could be a concern given the noted hazard.)

They're just worse b/c they use the new, easier/less fun lum mechanic, and the difficulty is much lower in 100%ing a level. And there are no time trials. ;__;

I'm a Rayman snob :'(

yeah I think you may be a rayman snob ;( There's plenty of other levels that make up for the lack in difficulty in those. Time Trials of any kind are my true nemesis, so I don't really miss those.

In other news I finally got on to the club nintendo site! I'm still now sure what to pick however!

Brofield

I long ago bought ZombiU and Rayman Legends at full price.

What about these games though, are they worth it?

AssCreed III $14.99
AssCreed IV $22.49
Child of Light $11.24
Cloudberry Kingdom $4.99
Watch_Dogs at $44.99

I know AssCreed III has DLC, but is it on par with the other versions? What about ACIV and WD? Are either worth it at their prices with whatever DLC they come with?

Watch_Dogs I'm thinking I might not even consider until it hits $30, but now that the dust settled around it I s wondering if it's an okay game if I don't plan on getting it on any other console

Tizoc

Eli has this one.

I think it's much cuter.

So, I can say if you remove the tags it's safe for a cat. If you think a cat and a 3 y/o are comparable in general intelligence, I'd say it's safe (I'm assuming toddler means 3 y/o).

I'm presuming by toddler you mean 2-3, so YMMV. I think I'd feel safe even giving it to a human infant, but I'm by no means an expert. :)

Yeah that one is cute too, maybe I'll my cousin if it is OK to get it. I did actually give them the Yoshi Plush that was being offered thru Club Nintendo tho, and the little guy didn't suffer any problems from it :p

maxcriden

yeah I think you may be a rayman snob ;( There's plenty of other levels that make up for the lack in difficulty in those. Time Trials of any kind are my true nemesis, so I don't really miss those.

In other news I finally got on to the club nintendo site! I'm still now sure what to pick however!

Yeah I am a Rayman snob, lol. I will gladly cop to that. I like the series when it's making me tear up. The original PSX game really upsets me, haha. It's devastating to play.

I like the Time Trials in Origins and my one Diamond Trophy during the Challenge App is one of my proudest gaming moments. It's also a moment when my wife was like dear I think you're a little TOO obsessed with Rayman.

Origins is my favorite Rayman overall and one of my favorite 2D platformers ever. The Tricky Treasure levels are amazing.

tumblr_m15oj18Coy1r9zabzo1_400.gif

Legends has a lot of fun to offer but some of the changes (I don't want to spoil things for you) from Origins in gameplay, totally separate from the remade Origins levels, were a letdown or disappointment for me. It also ended on a sadly sour note for me. But I try to think of the fun I did have with it, and with the Challenge App, and look forward to another Rayman game to hopefully come. :)

I will be curious to know what you think of the cheap, terrible final levels.

AssCreed III $14.99
AssCreed IV $22.49
Child of Light $11.24
Cloudberry Kingdom $4.99
Watch_Dogs at $44.99

Please don't pay $45 for W_D. Friends don't let friends do that.

You should be able to get ACIV cheaper soon.

I'm waiting for a lower price on COL. I think they can do better than this discount.

Yeah that one is cute too, maybe I'll my cousin if it is OK to get it. I did actually give them the Yoshi Plush that was being offered thru Club Nintendo tho, and the little guy didn't suffer any problems from it :p

I think it should be okay. You need to get the Animal one!! :)

Zeeman

Any of the Ubi games on 3DS worthwhile? I know I heard good things about Ghost Recon back in the day, or was that just the best launch title but has been completely surpassed by Fire Emblem?

Any of the Ubi games on 3DS worthwhile? I know I heard good things about Ghost Recon back in the day, or was that just the best launch title but has been completely surpassed by Fire Emblem?

It's still a very solid game. It won't have all the bells and whistles like Fire Emblem has , but for $8 bucks you can't really go wrong.

Ladekabel

AssCreed III $14.99
AssCreed IV $22.49
Child of Light $11.24
Cloudberry Kingdom $4.99
Watch_Dogs at $44.99

I know AssCreed III has DLC, but is it on par with the other versions? What about ACIV and WD? Are either worth it at their prices with whatever DLC they come with?

Watch_Dogs I'm thinking I might not even consider until it hits $30, but now that the dust settled around it I s wondering if it's an okay game if I don't plan on getting it on any other console

I would definitly say wait on CoL. I bought it a few weeks ago when it 4,something € on the EU eShop. Though I can't say I paid too much, I would definitly say it isn't worth the 11,24$. Though it has wonderful artdesign and soundtrack, the rest is boring. I wouldn't ever bother with it longer than an hour if it wasn't for OffTV-Play.

Can't comment on the Wii U version of AC III and IV because I played them on 360 and PC, but as Child of Light they were cheaper on the EU eShop a few weeks ago. Though I don't think they're both very good (in case of AC III I would even say it is bad), the time you can sink them to collect everything would be worth the asking price.

Can't comment on Cloudberry Kingdom and Watch_Dogs.

Brofield

Huh, seems Best Buy has ACIV for $19.99

Guess I'll just stick with Cloudberry Kingdom in the meantime then. Any other recent indie games that are worth ~$17? I'm in the mood for something that involves 3D movement over 2D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Eli has this one.

I think it's much cuter.

The company ether got a really long licensing agreement, or they vastly over produced those plush. Squeak Squad came out over 8 years ago, and the only game that had Animal Kirby. Or maybe its just a good seller, but I have seen that same version for a long time now.

maxcriden

The company ether got a really long licensing agreement, or they vastly over produced those plush. Squeak Squad came out over 8 years ago, and the only game that had Animal Kirby. Or maybe its just a good seller, but I have seen that same version for a long time now.

Yes, but it's Animal Kirby. That and Magician are the best copy abilities ever. Don't ask, don't try to explain it ;)

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Just a PSA. Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams patch is live in North America. Fixes the sound on the GamePad so off-TV play is possible.

Only took them a year and a half to fix it. Wonderful customer service from Black Forest Games!

donny2112

We have two, and they're great. No small parts once the tag is removed, 6" means that you won't be losing it easily and it won't go in his mouth, and it's really cute. :) Unlike the picture, the feet are actually flat on the bottom making it easier to stand up on its own, though. Also since it's not predisposed to one Kirby animal ability or another, it means you can dress it up. >.>

20150203_164801.jpg

TheMoon

AssCreed III $14.99
AssCreed IV $22.49
Child of Light $11.24
Cloudberry Kingdom $4.99
Watch_Dogs at $44.99

I own WD on Wii U and have played it a bit. So far it seems like it qualifies as an "okay game." Note that this is no "OMG GET THIS!" recommendation. If you can wait, wait. No DLC support outside of not-worth-it pre-order crap.

I finished AC III on Wii U and enjoyed it a lot. The DLC is hella overpriced though and never goes on sale. Know that going in. AC IV does not have any DLC on Wii U but is still just as competent as AC IV was. If you made a new thread about it there would be lots of people telling you these games are utter garbage on Wii U and are such abominations, citing Digital Foundry till the cows come home etc etc. All nonsense hyperbole unless you're super sensitive about performance. I recommend them.

Just a PSA. Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams patch is live in North America. Fixes the sound on the GamePad so off-TV play is possible.

Only took them a year and a half to fix it. Wonderful customer service from Black Forest Games!

It took that long because they couldn't reproduce a different issue that Nintendo found during lotcheck on their dev kits for the longest time. They had the GamePad sound thing fixed a looong time ago but that other thing that popped up was the reason for the holdup. At least they were open about it and commented on questions. Unlike Nicalis who just cloud themselves in silence and work on games for other platforms while leaving promises of patches for broken games and localization in the dust.

jholmes

Are you talking about something I don't know involving beating the Origins levels or are you talking about the
music redux
levels? How could those be polarizing or terrible?

Cloudberry Kingdom is excellent. One of the best 2013 games I played easily.

Represent! Speaking of overdue Wii U patches though, where the hell are the leaderboards in this game?

AssCreed IV $22.49

I just beat ACIV last week and I had my fun with it for sure.

maxcriden

oh nice! I know someone who's been waiting for that!

Not sure if you mean me, but I was bugging John for a larger text toggle and he was kind enough to oblige. :)

Are you talking about something I don't know involving beating the Origins levels or are you talking about the
music redux
levels? How could those be polarizing or terrible?

Begin rant, be warned, haha. Also, these are Rayman Legends spoilers, so don't click, MissileTrick!

I absolutely loathe the 8-bit redux levels. I'm not alone in this opinion, either. If you read LTTP threads or the Rayman Legends OT you'll see this isn't just me on a street corner with a sign. A couple things about these levels. One, they're levels you've already played, but with an insane graphical trick to them, be they hilarious flashes of static or obscene pixelization beyond what the eye can see. For those of us who have the unfortunate displeasure of daily migraines and are Rayman-obsessed, this was like the shit cherry on an otherwise pretty tasty treat. So #2, pun intended there, I can't play the damn levels for shit. I played the static one and it was absolutely brutal for me, and it's...cruel on the part of the designers. The entire friggin' level is static. Am I missing the point of these levels? No, I'm not. I know the point is to be able to memorize your jumps et al. But, then just make the levels play in the dark. No need to add clever visual tricks to "remix" (i.e. make you play the exact level again with no changes) as an unlockable just to show how clever it is that the level goes in tune with music.

And another thing. It's not clever, actually. It's fun but it's not clever level design because it's literally modeled after the song. So it's like playing a platform version of Guitar Hero. I like the music levels as a novelty but I would definitely not want to play a game full of them because they lose their novelty quickly for me--there's no discovery in how to play them if you know the song. That's beside the point, though. I have no real issue with the music levels in and of themselves, but rather with the 8-bit remixes which are insensitive to those with neurologic issues like migraines and seizures at worst, and IMO just dumb and repetitious as a final unlockable at best, esp. compared to the final unlockable Origins level.

JCho133

What if the next Metroid is a Prime game on the 3DS that utilizes the C-stick for controls like the Gamecube's original Prime controls, and then they release the next sidescrolling Metroid game on Wii U?

Feel like this is a curveball that Nintendo would throw, but I don't think they'll pass up the 1080 opportunity for the next Prime.

daydream

Banned
What if the next Metroid is a Prime game on the 3DS that utilizes the C-stick for controls like the Gamecube's original Prime controls, and then they release the next sidescrolling Metroid game on Wii U?

Feel like this is a curveball that Nintendo would throw, but I don't think they'll pass up the 1080 opportunity for the next Prime.

They've stated multiple times that they wanna do something fresh with the series. Not sure how a Prime game on the 3DS would qualify as that. I think they're done with Prime (remakes notwithstanding, although that is just as unlikely with MPT out there).

JCho133

They've stated multiple times that they wanna do something fresh with the series. Not sure how a Prime game on the 3DS would qualify as that. I think they're done with Prime (remakes notwithstanding, although that is just as unlikely with MPT out there).

Interested to see where they can find a place to take it. Unless they make it a TPS maybe with a cover system, then I can't think of anywhere else they could.

Then again no one saw a 3rd person action game coming.

daydream

Banned
Interested to see where they can find a place to take it. Unless they make it a TBS maybe with a cover system, then I can't think of anywhere else they could.

Then again no one saw a 3rd person action game coming.

Yeah, no idea. It's easier to rule things out than to predict what's actually gonna happen but ultimately, anything other than patience is futile.

JCho133

Yeah, no idea. It's easier to rule things out than to predict what's actually gonna happen but ultimately, anything other than patience is futile.

Sigh, sad to say you're right. Guess we'll just have to keep holding our breathe till E3, as we have been for the past 5 years.

Though, until they revealed Splatoon, I would have guessed they would be doing something multiplayer focused since MPH multiplayer got such a following.

Oh, and in my post above, I meant to say TPS, not TBS, haha :/

Hold on. Maybe we're on to something...

A Metroid TBS...

Top Bottom