• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

L~A

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Demo Version - Experience big game hunting with the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo, now playable on Nintendo 3DS. Play alone in a robust single-player experience or join with up to three other players via a local connection or online via Wi-Fi to tackle hundreds of quests and take down ferocious monsters. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Moon Chronicles - DLC - The three remaining episodes in Major Kane's epic lunar journey are all available today for download, giving fans the opportunity to experience the entire season without delay. Players may purchase the new content individually, as separate episodes, or choose to purchase the Season Pass, which contains all three remaining episodes for a lower price. Click here to watch a trailer for Moon Chronicles.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Pre-Purchase - You can now pre-purchase Kirby and the Rainbow Curse in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. Upon your purchase in the Nintendo eShop, you can pre-load the game onto your Wii U console, and then you'll be able to play after a small game update when it's officially released in the Nintendo eShop on Feb. 19 at 9 p.m. PT.

Hyrule Warriors - DLC - The Majora's Mask Pack is available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop for only $7.99 and includes new maps, costumes and the ability to play as Young Link and Tingle (Tingle!). The Majora's Mask Pack is also part of the Hero of Hyrule Pack, the 4-Pack Hyrule Warriors DLC Bundle. The Hero of Hyrule Pack is available in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and at select retailers for a suggested retail price of $19.99, and includes the Majora's Mask pack, two previously released DLC packs, a "Boss Pack" that will launch in March and a bonus in-game Dark Link costume.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
Game & Watch Gallery 3 - With the third installment of the Game & Watch Gallery series, you can enjoy five different games in both their original and revised versions: Egg, Turtle Bridge, Green House, Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Jr. There are also six extra games that can be unlocked and played in Classic mode.

Virtual Console on Wii U
DIG DUG - Become Dig Dug as you drill and defeat all of the enemies to clear each stage. Defeat the deep-dwelling Pooka and Fygar by using the harpoon and pumping air into them, or by dropping rocks from above. Lure and defeat multiple enemies at once, and collect vegetables for bonus points.

MAPPY-LAND - Nyamco and his gang of felines have hidden birthday presents across MAPPY-LAND. Help Mappy find them and make it back to Mapico's birthday party on time! Activate traps or use special items to distract the cats as you collect six of the same presents in each stage.
Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Ubisoft Game Sale: Select Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games are on sale for up to 75 percent off until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 16.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
It's the final week of the Curve Digital Sale! Save up to 25 percent on select games until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 12.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge is 50 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 12.
GetClose: A game for RIVALS is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 19.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Moon Chronicles Episode 1 is 50 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $4.50) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 26.
Enjoy discounts on Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Code of Princess and more games from ATLUS starting at 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 9 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 16.
Get a discount on purchases of Soccer Up 3D and Soccer Up Online until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 26.
Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 33 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) from 9 a.m. PT Feb. 5 through 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 19.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Colorful Game & Watch
NES: Fire-Breathing Bowser
NES: Fire Mario

Price Reductions:
Christmas Wonderland 3 for Nintendo 3DS will be reduced to $4.99 (from $7.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 6.
Halloween: Trick or Treat 2 for Nintendo 3DS will be reduced to $4.99 (from $7.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 6.
Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper for Nintendo 3DS will be reduced to $4.99 (from $9.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 6.
Mystery Murders: The Sleeping Palace for Nintendo 3DS will be reduced to $4.99 (from $7.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Feb. 6.

Also new this week:
Dolphin Up (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Puzzle Monkeys (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Tri-Strip (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
KAMI (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
SpongeBob HeroPants (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

NA. And yay for themes being listed now!

maxcriden

My cursor was already on its way to the quote button. :D

I felt terrible even joking about it because I don't want to stress you out when you still have a week or so till your big debut.

tumblr_mk91jsawVZ1rk1osuo1_r1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I really wish you got the Colorful Game & Watch theme as a bonus for buying G&W Gallery 3 or perhaps 2 or all 3 of the games.

Also yay Hyrule Warriors DLC that I can download but then not play cuz college.

Nintendogs getting an eShop release gave me hope, but Nintendo crushes my dreams every week Steel Diver doesn't get an eShop release.

Apparently, I barely used my Club Nintendo codes once I hit Platinum; I'm going through my stacks now and will have enough coins to grab most, if not all, of the digital games on offer right now (of course, I did buy another 3DS Game Case first). I might spare the coins on Link's Awakening, that seems the most likely of the ones I'm eying to go on sale again.

L~A

Nintendogs getting an eShop release gave me hope, but Nintendo crushes my dreams every week Steel Diver doesn't get an eShop release.

They have Steel Diver : Sub Wars. They're probably never going to make the original Steel Diver available on the eShop.

Ugh, done entering codes today, have 900 coins and will probably squeeze out another 200~500, if I would guess.

Here's what I want to get.

Grill-Off with Ultra-Hand! (eh, why not?).
Super Punch-Out!! (ugh, please Nintendo add cross-buy VC with n3DS for the love of......).
Golden Sun (maybe, game has too much irritating vomit text).

Donkey Kong 3 (might as well complete the trilogy, since I have DK: OE).
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (eh, it'll be $2 or $3 again soon).
HarmoKnight (is this actually good?).
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (the only definite so far).

I'm way more inclined to fill my 3DS, so maybe all of the above, minus Link plus Super Punch -Out (with the coins I have now).

Or is it really smarter to get another tchockey? The Shulk poster is awesome but then I'd have the Duck Hunt poster with Bubsy the Bobcat on it (ew). And it's 700 coins. Of course, the Majora's Mask bag might be a good one to buy to sell later. Woo is me.

Apparently, I barely used my Club Nintendo codes once I hit Platinum; I'm going through my stacks now and will have enough coins to grab most, if not all, of the digital games on offer right now (of course, I did buy another 3DS Game Case first). I might spare the coins on Link's Awakening, that seems the most likely of the ones I'm eying to go on sale again.

Yeah, I saved all my CN codes once I hit platinum so I could use them the next year.

The wonders of not having much need-to-have rewards

terrisus

Or is it really smarter to get another tchockey? The Shulk poster is awesome but then I'd have the Duck Hunt poster with Bubsy the Bobcat on it (ew). And it's 700 coins. Of course, the Majora's Mask bag might be a good one to buy to sell later. Woo is me.

I'd totally buy that from you >.>

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
No offense to lovers of these games. I played Mappy on the NES too.

Yet my first reaction was Dig Dug and Mappy Land means we've hit the bottom of the barrel.

Bah, they removed all but one of the shirts =(
There are hardly any physical rewards left =(

Could I buy those rewards from the Nintendo Store?
Nintendo doesn't indicate whether or not they would sell that 3DS game case at their store and that's the only thing I'd pay money for.

tsab

Europe

Wii U download software

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Frenchy Bird
Alphadia Genesis™
Virtual Console (Wii U)

Mega Man™ Zero 2
Nintendo 3DS demos

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Nintendo 3DS download software

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Best of Board Games - Mahjong
Best of Arcade Games - Brick Breaker
Downloadable videos (Nintendo eShop)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: Trailer
Nintendo eShop sale: Curve Digital games on Wii U

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone
Get the details
Special offers

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS)
Darts Up (Wii U)
Football Up Online (Nintendo 3DS)
Darts Up 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Football Up 3D (Nintendo 3DS)

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/February/Weekly-download-news-953903.html

Shantae at last!

I'm actually home from work on Glorious Game & Watch Gallery 3 Day.

eShop update at 11:00 AM CST, right?

I just need to know when to start lighting some candles.

I did not expect Club Nintendo to be screwy this long, anyone know if the 3DS card case or 3DS pouch sold out?
They are still up.

Club Nintendo works well for me before 9:00 AM CST.

Of course, it's my week off and I've been sleeping in like a boss, so I get just a little time each day to codes.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No offense to lovers of these games. I played Mappy on the NES too.

Yet my first reaction was Dig Dug and Mappy Land means we've hit the bottom of the barrel.

Meh. DigDug is amazing and Mappy Land turns the great arcade classic into a side-scroller with the same mechanics and a great soundtrack. This is really an underrated week.

SerTapTap

The community thing strikes again btw, I forgot to go find this thread again for the new month.

Are the later Mega Man Battle Network games less samey (or is the start of 2 just a particularly bad point for that?). The gameplay is solid as always but I'm getting a bit tired and I'm only a couple hours in.

They are still up.

Club Nintendo works well for me before 9:00 AM CST.

Of course, it's my week off and I've been sleeping in like a boss, so I get just a little time each day to codes.

Oh, phew. I usually check at work when I get in and when I get home...betting a ton of other people are doing the same. I should check in the earliest morning. I've gotten in a few times but either couldn't decide or got errors when I went to buy.

Protect Me Knight 2 theme, which they said they want to put overseas (probably when the game finally comes over?).
Looks cute, what sort of game is it?

I assume that Atlus' lot will yet again be $15? I'm waiting for them to go to $10 honestly.

I feel like I been waiting for Code of Princess to be $10 forever now. There's nothing new for me to buy this week, but I will most likely pick up Gunman Clive 2 while I'll wait for Majora's Mask to come in the mail.

I'm going to throw out praise for HarmoKnight. It's easily my favorite eshop title for the 3DS. It even has some pokemon tracks which is just neat .

Oh right I meant to ask opinions on Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder. I played the demo a while back thinking it was alright, but is there anyone here that can give their thoughts on it? Trying to see what I should use my CN coins on.

Hale-XF11

Oh right I meant to ask opinions on Chibi-Robo! Photo Finder. I played the demo a while back thinking it was alright, but is there anyone here that can give their thoughts on it? Trying to see what I should use my CN coins on.

I used my coins to get it a few days ago. While it's pretty and has nice music, that doesn't make up for how repetitive, dull and unbalanced it feels. It also drags on a bit. Overall, I'm not too impressed with it and wouldn't miss it if I no longer played it.

GulAtiCa

USK rating paid off, now my game can be rated by them. :)

Honestly, USK process is a lot easier then PEGI ironically. Though, downside is instead off uploading the game trailer/game itself, you have to mail it.

Though, both are really easy. Makes me question now how bigger devs then me with lots of money have trouble with them..

SerTapTap

Absolutely do not buy. If you want a Chibi Robo fix, the DS game Park Patrol was localized and isn't too bad, but rather repetitive. Photo Finder is a boring slog of menus, grinding the same 3 mini games and extremely limited "exploration" levels for coins, and using those coins to buy film to photograph everyday objects the 3DS is simply incapable of accurately detecting in almost any lighting condition.

It and Yoshi's New Island have probably permanently harmed my opinion of Nintendo and their ability to handle some of my favorite franchises.

Top Bottom