• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2015

BooJoh

What if the next Metroid is a Prime game on the 3DS that utilizes the C-stick for controls like the Gamecube's original Prime controls, and then they release the next sidescrolling Metroid game on Wii U?

Feel like this is a curveball that Nintendo would throw, but I don't think they'll pass up the 1080 opportunity for the next Prime.

I think a lot of people mis-remember Prime's controls as being dual analog. The C-stick changed weapons, and you could only strafe while locked on to an enemy.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gameslist/manuals/GCN_Metroid_Prime.pdf

Got the internet at home in 1996, and man, I went crazy following N64 and 64DD news.
Around that time, they started selling a videogame magazine where I live. It was a really, really bad Nintendo-centric magazine imported from Spain called Nintendo Acción, but me and my brother went pretty much crazy-ass-daffy-duck-jumping-bananas for it every month. That's where I first heard about Shoshinkai/Space World/what-have-you. It had so many stupid mistakes in every single number...

maxcriden

Is it terrible that I'm just clicking through the CN surveys now? I'm just clicking whatever answer my mouse hits first and pasting "n/a" or "fun" into the text questions.

Choomp

Banned
Is it terrible that I'm just clicking through the CN surveys now? I'm just clicking whatever answer my mouse hits first and pasting "n/a" or "fun" into the text questions.

Man for a while now I've bsed the CN surveys, never felt like they really cared about that feedback anyway. At this point I've just been pasting whatever's on my paste, which more often that not is like a GAF post or something.

maxcriden

Man for a while now I've bsed the CN surveys, never felt like they really cared about that feedback anyway. At this point I've just been pasting whatever's on my paste, which more often that not is like a GAF post or something.

Haha as they're like what do you mean, you're "most looking forward to experiencing 'terrisus' in this game?"

Nairume

Banned
Well, we know that they at least listened to the CN feedback once.

It just happened that the one time they've acknowledged using the surveys when designing a game was with Sticker Star.

maxcriden

Totally unrelated question to current discussion:

I think it's time for me to go for a larger SD card for 3DS. What's my cheaper bet and what's the easiest way to transfer current data onto the new card? (I have access to two 3DS systems if need be for this)

Also, if I'm really lazy is it okay to just fridge reshuffle instead of getting a new SD card, and will the 3DS let me redownload full games I've purchased and let's say, since deleted to make space? Thanks!

--

Well, we know that they at least listened to the CN feedback once.

It just happened that the one time they've acknowledged using the surveys when designing a game was with Sticker Star.

Haha, I don't remember that. Was that part of their reason for removing story?

TheMoon

Rain Games said:
olliollirain

Announcement Community Teslagrad

By all accounts our much awaited patch to add screenshot functionality should be live in Europe now!
  • Added support for screenshots. (YAY!)
  • Added support for Wii U pro controller.
  • Added support for Wii classic pro controller.
  • Improved controls for Map and Collectibles viewing.
  • Slightly improved loading between large areas.
  • Numerous smaller bugfixes.
  • Some bigger bugfixes.
The patch is still awaiting approval in the US, hopefully it shouldn't be too far behind!

Not sure if you mean me, but I was bugging John for a larger text toggle and he was kind enough to oblige. :)

No, no. I meant someone outside of GAF. Well, actually he's on GAF but rarely posts. :D (hi!)

Totally unrelated question to current discussion:

I think it's time for me to go for a larger SD card for 3DS. What's my cheaper bet and what's the easiest way to transfer current data onto the new card? (I have access to two 3DS systems if need be for this)

Also, if I'm really lazy is it okay to just fridge reshuffle instead of getting a new SD card, and will the 3DS let me redownload full games I've purchased and let's say, since deleted to make space? Thanks!

What's your current card size?

Easiest way: Backup current card on computer. Put backup on new, bigger card. Done.

2nd. What will be the next Wii game?

None in EU, unknown in NA.

maxcriden

What's your current card size?

Easiest way: Backup current card on computer. Put backup on new, bigger card. Done.

Current card size is whichever came with the system.

Also, how do I get the SD card onto the computer? I need to buy a special adapter with my new card, right?

TheMoon

Current card size is whichever came with the system.

Also, how do I get the SD card onto the computer? I need to buy a special adapter with my new card, right?

If you don't have one, yea you need an SD-card reader (they're cheap but make sure you buy one with good customer ratings). If you wanna be smart, buy a microSD (32GB) so you will have the easiest transition to a New 3DS already in place.

If you have a laptop, those tend to have card readers built-in.

Here's a card: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M55C0NS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Card reader with the best ratings (others with similar ratings available) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009D79VH4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

maxcriden

If you don't have one, yea you need an SD-card reader (they're cheap but make sure you buy one with good customer ratings). If you wanna be smart, buy a microSD (32GB) so you will have the easiest transition to a New 3DS already in place.

I have a MacBook Air; is that laptop that would have an SD card reader built in?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...d+card&ie=UTF8&qid=1423059213&rnid=6518301011

This is the page I'm looking at. Would it not make sense to get one of the cheaper ones than the one you linked, such as Transcend 32 GB High Speed 10 UHS Flash Memory Card TS32GSDU1E (up to 45 MB/s, 300x) or any other cheaper one on this page? (Does the MB/s stuff matter?)

Let's see...if I don't plan to get a N3DS, will a non-Micro SD be cheaper?

So many questions! Don't hesitate to tell me to stop asking :)

Thanks!

TheMoon

I have a MacBook Air; is that laptop that would have an SD card reader built in?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...d+card&ie=UTF8&qid=1423059213&rnid=6518301011

This is the page I'm looking at. Would it not make sense to get one of the cheaper ones than the one you linked, such as Transcend 32 GB High Speed 10 UHS Flash Memory Card TS32GSDU1E (up to 45 MB/s, 300x) or any other cheaper one on this page? (Does the MB/s stuff matter?)

Let's see...if I don't plan to get a N3DS, will a non-Micro SD be cheaper?

So many questions! Don't hesitate to tell me to stop asking :)

Thanks!

What matters is the "class" stuff. Both cards seem to be Class 10 (fast, good) while the SanDisk is slightly faster but that is just a tiny bit. Doesn't matter much.

There's no reason not to buy a microSD. Future proof yourself. Plus they all come with SD-adapters so you can use them as regular SD cards anyway. If you want a cheaper one go with a 16GB card or smaller, whatever you need. I'm using a 16GB card but I also still go with retail over digital whenever possible.

And to find out if your Macbook has a card reader, go over to it and look. :D

Nairume

Banned
Haha, I don't remember that. Was that part of their reason for removing story?
Yeah

It was half Miyamoto suggesting that they consider something more disjointed/episodic to better suited for portable play, and half them reacting to the large amount of CN surveys complaining about the amount of text in Super Paper Mario.

Choomp

Banned
Haha as they're like what do you mean, you're "most looking forward to experiencing 'terrisus' in this game?"

"What's a waifu? Did we put Kaz Hirai in a game or something? what the hell have those third party weird indie studios been up to?"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah

It was half Miyamoto suggesting that they consider something more disjointed/episodic to better suited for portable play, and half them reacting to the large amount of CN surveys complaining about the amount of text in Super Paper Mario.
If the story and characters were better, then I wouldn't have minded the text in SPM. But I guess people felt for a platformer, should've had less text to better fit the pacing.

maxcriden

Card reader with the best ratings (others with similar ratings available) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009D79VH4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Okay, I ordered this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M55C0NS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Which you recommended. Evidently my MacBook should have a card reader, I'll check tonight to make sure. Thanks man. I really appreciate the advice!

Yeah

If the story and characters were better, then I wouldn't have minded the text in SPM. But I guess people felt for a platformer, should've had less text to better fit the pacing.

You know, I really enjoyed SPM. Including the story. I liked Sticker Star a lot, though, too. I guess I'm just a weird Paper Mario fanboy, though. It's a rare instance of a game where art style alone gets me on board. So I dunno. I think the two games are kind of opposite of each other. SPM is pure story + platforming. Tons of both. Minimal RPG aspects except stuff like HP and IIRC levelling up. Whereas Sticker Star has heavy RPG aspects, minimal story, a bit of platforming, and no classic levelling up. Both had their strengths for me, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HOLY CRAP, Game & Watch 3?! That is awesome. Now I wonder if G&WG4 will hit the Wii U VC as I remember one Xmas, I got both that & the e-reader.

Glass Joe

No Wii game!? They're literal ROM dumps. They shouldn't be tricking these out. Will download Game & Watch Gallery 3 first thing tomorrow morning. Mappy Land was crap, but at least we're getting games that were never on the Wii VC.

We don't know that. Dig Dug and Mappy Land weren't "announced," they just appeared on the Nintendo site a little early like VC games tend to do. I agree I'd be disappointed if Wii games weren't a weekly thing, but as of now you're jumping to conclusions.

donny2112

But I guess people felt for a platformer, should've had less text to better fit the pacing.

When it was first shown for GameCube, I was so excited, because I thought it would be a 2-D platformer with the Paper Mario TTYD graphics. Hype! When the final game came out and it was a RPG-level text game in a vaguely platformer body, it was very disappointing. They really need to go back to full on RPG with the series.

BooJoh

I've always given honest answers and feedback for all my CN surveys, but I have a couple post-plays left that I just haven't bothered with yet because I don't see myself being able to get enough coins to buy anything else before it's discontinued.

I suppose maybe I should go ahead and do them in case I impulse buy some older stuff that can earn more coins.

JCho133

Finally got to redeem my Club Nintendo coins on Super Metroid. Wii U version is as good as ever and it looks fantastic on the Gamepad.

Still have issues with the must feel of the Wii U Dpad though. Metroid feels best on clicky pads.

donny2112

Ive never used subscriptions before, time to get on that.

A long time ago, on a NeoGAF far far away
i.e. here
, the server was so overloaded that they removed the SEARCH function entirely! No finding that old thread you posted in last month. No finding the OT for an old game (Google Search only goes back the default # of pages back instead of displaying everything. Please tell me you've enabled displaying everything in your User CP.) If there was a recent thread you posted in that you wanted to follow the discussion in, and it had a title similar to other threads, good luck finding it with Google Search! And then low and behold, the subscription feature became a thing. Everyone used it. We could follow threads without searching for them going back several pages each time. We could find that thread we posted in last month/year/decade. Every thread we'd ever posted in + any thread we manually subscribed to was now at our fingertips. There was much rejoicing.

Then they reenabled the Search function, and no one cared.

Until they moved all your favorite threads to purgatory Community, so you couldn't rely on the Gaming Forum alone anymore.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In for Mappy Land. It has a top-tier soundtrack for NES games.

maxcriden

I think I had a dream last night about today's Nintendo Downloads but...I can't quite remember it. Maybe this means we'll get Kirby's Return to Dream Land today!

(Don't worry, Moon, I don't actually think we're getting a Wii game today.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just realized that Nintendo's press site hasn't had the list of games hitting the eShop for 2 weeks now, 3 if they don't do it today. I wonder why stopped. Heck, they haven't added anything since 1/20, over 2 weeks ago.

terrisus

Boy oh boy, I sure do hope we get some Virtual Console Wii games on the Wii Virtual Console. That way I can play some more Wii games virtually through the Virtual Console on my Wii U

<3

TheMoon

giphy.gif

Tizoc

Ordered the Plush for the little guy, I visit them mid March to celebrate my b-day with them =3

Top Bottom