• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

Speaking of hell freezing over :/

bigbox-sabre-wulf.png

maxcriden

Broggie, why do you like dumb SabreWulf and its terrible hunting/trapping sidequest ;__;

I tried so hard to like that game but it's pretty laggy and the prerendered backgrounds look really blurry. The mechanics of the game are interesting, don't get me wrong. I would've kept playing if not for that sidequest.

I never played it. Been dying to play it since you told me it was legit sauce. Never could find a reasonable copy on eBay. Guess that opinion changed lol.

maxcriden

I never played it. Been dying to play it since you told me it was legit sauce. Never could find a reasonable copy on eBay. Guess that opinion changed lol.

Oh man. I forgot you were interested. Yeah my opinion changed BIG TIME when I spent more time with it. The music was kinda nifty but I mean...as far as under-appreciated gems go it's no Starfy DS. I'm glad you didn't break the bank on it. I would've sent you my cart but I was so dismayed by it that
I threw it away.
It was $1.99 when I bought it and I told the guy, "oh, this is a Rare game." I should've said Rareware because he was like, "really? It's only $1.99." Oh no, I told him, it's a *Rare* game. Anyway. You're really not missing out. Think blurrier, laggier DKC with some interesting puzzle platforming but ultimately a bit cumbersome and...like you said, my opinion on it changed big time.

TL;DR I'm a jerk who strung along my BBF (best Broggie forever) like a real tool. Sorry Brog! ;__;

On a serious note. Been having a great time with indie games on the Wii U lately. Guacamelee, Trine 2, and Shovel Knight.

Recommend all of them.

Should I get 1080 Snowboarding? Does it hold up well? Metroid I'll wait until Zero Mission is out as it's an unlock and I still have my Super Mario Kart cartridge.

jholmes

Should I get 1080 Snowboarding? Does it hold up well? Metroid I'll wait until Zero Mission is out as it's an unlock and I still have my Super Mario Kart cartridge.

It's really slow and I personally do not like it but love 1080 Avalanche. Maybe if you're into that sort of Tony Hawk thing, I dunno. I bought it and regretted it in a hurry.

Looks like Coderchild has put a sale on Cubit for this month.

[3DS] Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot - $1.99 thru 1/31 (was $2.99)

Didn't see anything else new.

Is this any good? Art style kinda initially turned me off but for $2 it doesn't look too shabby.

Camjo-Z

You think you know a man... and then you find out he doesn't appreciate the GBA classic that is Sabre Wulf!!

Also! I downloaded Pokemon Pinball R/S last night and was shocked at how poor my pinball skills had gotten since I last played the original GB game. Then I went back to it and realized... I was never good, the game's nonsensical gravity-defying physics just made me think I was!

Is this any good? Art style kinda initially turned me off but for $2 it doesn't look too shabby.

It has a demo if you're on the fence. Personally I wasn't a big fan, but if you like endless runners you might dig it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, so I was on Club Nintendo & noticed that under "Download any new games?", the newest game listed was NOT Bionic Commando for GBC or Pokemon Pinball RS, but Mega Man Battle Network 2...which isn't listed on Nintendo's site nor is it on the VC right now.

Maybe this is a sign that MMBN2 is coming this week?

Ondore

Huh, so I was on Club Nintendo & noticed that under "Download any new games?", the newest game listed was NOT Bionic Commando for GBC or Pokemon Pinball RS, but Mega Man Battle Network 2...which isn't listed on Nintendo's site nor is it on the VC right now.

Maybe this is a sign that MMBN2 is coming this week?

Good catch! Wonder if it'll get a surprise Tuesday release.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
maybe someone can help me

So, I received the New 3ds email from N and I'm on the fence if bite or not.
Questions

1. I am forced to data transfer from my OG model to the new one, if I want to link the new one to my account?
2. Having three different Sd cards for ny OG model, how the data transfer work? I imagine that I will not lose any of my games, but I wonder if I will be forced to re-download everything from the Eshop
3. Will the games I received as prizes from the Club Nintendo transer normally?
4. How big can a micro sd for the new model be? It comes with a 4gb micro sd card, that is enough just for my esho games, not for my dd version of retail games
5. Does the OG charger work with the new model?
6. Does someone know how much Gamestop gives you to trade in the OG model?

thank you!!!

TheMoon

maybe someone can help me

So, I received the New 3ds email from N and I'm on the fence if bite or not.
Questions

1. I am forced to data transfer from my OG model to the new one, if I want to link the new one to my account?
2. Having three different Sd cards for ny OG model, how the data transfer work? I imagine that I will not lose any of my games, but I wonder if I will be forced to re-download everything from the Eshop
3. Will the games I received as prizes from the Club Nintendo transer normally?
4. How big can a micro sd for the new model be? It comes with a 4gb micro sd card, that is enough just for my esho games, not for my dd version of retail games
5. Does the OG charger work with the new model?
6. Does someone know how much Gamestop gives you to trade in the OG model?

thank you!!!

1) no idea
2) you don't have to redownload stuff. there are various ways to transfer. one of them involves copying stuff to a computer. of course you CAN redownload everything. there is also a method that moves everything over during the transfer but that takes HOURS (as in double digits!) and is only for those without any alternative.
3) everything moves over
5) yes
6) no idea

BooJoh

I actually had my own question regarding 3DS to 3DS transfers if anyone has done one. I've already purchased a 32GB microSD for when I get a New 3DS, and I'm currently using a 32GB standard SD in my 3DS. For the smoothest transfer process, should I just switch my OG 3DS to the microSD now using the included adapter and then presumably once the transfer is finished I can simply move the card into the new system?

By this do you mean you have three separate SD cards you swap between with different software on each? I could see that causing an issue with the New 3DS because you have to remove the back cover plate to access the microSD slot.

Seems to be the same limitation as the regular 3DS, SDHC up to 32GB, they just have to be microSD. You may be able to get it to use bigger cards as some people have with regular 3DS despite it not supporting them natively, but I don't have experience with that.

terrisus

Seems to be the same limitation as the regular 3DS, SDHC up to 32GB, they just have to be microSD. You may be able to get it to use bigger cards as some people have with regular 3DS despite it not supporting them natively, but I don't have experience with that.

I have a 64GB SDHC card in my 3DS, and it works fine.
Just need to make sure to format it correctly.

On a serious note. Been having a great time with indie games on the Wii U lately. Guacamelee, Trine 2, and Shovel Knight.

Recommend all of them.
What kind of brass balls one must have to enjoy Trine 2?

And how dare you recommend 20+ hour of paltform/puzzle gameplay, beautiful visuals and online multiplayer at an affordable price.

Inexcusable...

In case anyone was worried for the US, 3D After Burner II is indeed coming January 15, for $5.99.
Best of Mahjong is also coming January 15, for $2.99

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nice to hear confirmation on 3D After Burner II. Think I'll try it out since I enjoyed AB Climax. Now hopefully, Sega will give us a confirmation on the other games (3D Outrun) and a sale on the older games.

maxcriden

Next week's JP Wii U eShop games - Yie Ar Kung-Fu (MSX VC, 823 yen), Ninja Spirit (PCE VC, 617),...
...Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (GBA VC, 702) and Cybernator (SF VC, 823).

Next week's JP 3DS eShop games - Hazumi (500 yen) and Sangoku Stories Ten (700). Thanks to @YoshiRider123 for the latter name!

Via gonintendo.com

maxcriden

So is Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts another SNES-to-GBA port? Seems it has an "Arranged Mode".

I think so:

The new Arrange mode allows players to choose the next stage of the game at the end of each level. This adds more replay value to the game and allows those who have played the original version to play new stages. The game also includes popular enemies from the original Ghosts 'n' Goblins and Super Ghosts 'n' Goblins.

That's from the Amazon listing for the GBA game.

sörine

Banned
I feared they wouldn't release the rest of the BN games so needless to say, I'm happy about this development.
BN2-3 and Zero 2 were all already confirmed by Capcom USA awhile back. Then again we're still waiting on a couple Wii U releases that Capcom USA claimed would be out by the end of 2014 (Street Fighter 2010, Breath of Fire 1).

Top Bottom